Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

retail pvp < classic pvp

Retail pvp is just a bunch of smashing your face on the keyboard and seeing what random shit happens.

Classic pvp is pure skill and tactics, reading your enemy and counter playing.

Retail pvp is basically the LFR of pvp in regards to skill.

Quote Originally Posted by drbatman View Post
    *cough*Classic mage one-shot macro*cough*

3+ Year Old Account
    Retail pvp is just a bunch of smashing your face on the keyboard and seeing what random shit happens.

PvP in this game was crap, is crap, and will forever be crap because its core design is preventing players from playing the game in order to win. Which is the absolute opposite of the very essence of video games.

I'm sorry, but being perma kited by a mage, or a rogue killing you inside stunlock, or even a warrior MSing you once or twice and then you're dead. Is ZERO skill. Gear is too much of a difference in Classic, for it to be "skill" based. If an Arms warrior has Sulfuras, good luck, unless you can keep him from hitting you ever, you're not going to win.

You're completely backwards in how retail vs classic pvp works.

I've had MANY open world 1v1s where they last 2-3 mins because of counter play, and the ability to counter play. Whether I'm on my disc priest or on my warlock, those fights take significantly more skill than they would in Classic.

Classic is the easiest mmo on the market, bar none.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I mean as a pally I was just smacking people to death with a bit of defensives and judgments built in, hell Mabye id even throw a hammer at some one.

Classic:
    Mage 1 shot macros, Rogues can 1 shot clothies. Warriors get kited all day
    Yep checks out "pure skill" + "counter playing" ... How can a Warrior "counter play" a hunter if the warrior isn't able to charge or intercept? Gets kited all day long.
    Mage attacks warrior first....warrior only has 1 intercept on 30 sec CD....warrior intercepts mage blinks...warrior kited for 30 seconds and prob dead before he can intercept again.
    Retail:
    Face roll, but still have ability to survive.

Imho:
    Wrath was the best when it comes to "reading your enemy and counter playing."

nice bait mate.

or are you just bad ?

Quote Originally Posted by logmantv View Post
    Classic:
    Mage 1 shot macros,
    Rogues can 1 shot clothies.
    Warriors get kited all day
    once every 3 mins, big whoop
    no they cant, do you PLAY the game?
    git gud buddy, charge > hamstring

That's another one! Warrior mace spec!

10+ Year Old Account
    You mixed up < and >

1. OP said classic is about counter play and out thinking your enemy. Can't really do that even if it's a 3min CD. You can't "counter play" a 1 shot.
    2. My bad, correction, as someone said earlier in this post. Rogues can stun lock till dead, and if you don't have a trinket there's no counter play.
    3. Did you not read what i said? if you actually read what I said, I said when a mage STARTS on you first. meaning no charge, no charge means no hamstring. dO yOu EvEn pLaY tHe GaMe bRo?

Pretty sure anyone can tell this is a troll post,but just in case someone cant tell...no classic pvp isnt ''skill and counter play'' the ability to counter play is extremly limited in classic,and wile retail pvp has plenty of its own issues,arenas are still by far the highest skill cap the game has ever had when it comes to pvp,granted that doesnt mean its great or anything,the issue is with the core of how the game works,but if i wanted to play wow for pvp,classic sure wouldnt be the version i would pick,tbc wrath or maybe cata mid season would be better options

This is bait. Don't take it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    Pretty sure anyone can tell this is a troll post,but just in case someone cant tell...no classic pvp isnt ''skill and counter play'' the ability to counter play is extremly limited in classic,and wile retail pvp has plenty of its own issues,arenas are still by far the highest skill cap the game has ever had when it comes to pvp,granted that doesnt mean its great or anything,the issue is with the core of how the game works,but if i wanted to play wow for pvp,classic sure wouldnt be the version i would pick,tbc wrath or maybe cata mid season would be better options
    Wrath and Cata for me. Setups always come into play, but it felt like skill played a bigger part around them times and were less dominated by fotm classes and op specs, imo.

It's ok to like classic pvp more than retail. It's simple, slow, doesn't require much game knowledge.

Perfect for aging gamers and indolents.

If you are dying in a single rogue stunlock then you arent wearing enough pvp or stamina gear while in the open world. Thats the outplay. I play rogue and I beat rogues that get the jump on me while im farming all the time. You can outplay. Engineering has bombs, everyone can use free action potions and an assortment of other potions. Tons of gear that remove spell effects or incap the enemy. Im having a blast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Egzis View Post
    I swear, if vanilla was released right now with updated graphics, it would be the laughing stock of the decade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    This whole thread explains in a pretty nice manner how can Beliebers exist.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I play mostly classic right now and I disagree. The only spice classic brings is the relevance of engineering gadgets, items etc. Otherwise it's very simple. However you can minmax your pvp potential by using different spell ranks in different scenarios. I prefer classic because you can actually kill healers.

7+ Year Old Account
    PvP in classic doesn't take skill to be good.

In classic NOTHING require skill. Classes are limited to only few buttons, a lo of spells that people don't even use because this spells are usuless.

Also real pvp starts in rated content like 2v2/3v3 that classic can't offer. I am not defending bfa because it sucks but come on classic is just wow demo

7+ Year Old Account

Im willing to bet you’ve never been past 1500 in arenas.