Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by drbatman View Post
    Retail pvp is just a bunch of smashing your face on the keyboard and seeing what random shit happens.

Classic pvp is pure skill and tactics, reading your enemy and counter playing.

Retail pvp is basically the LFR of pvp in regards to skill.
    Don't worry. We're all allowed to have our own opinions and be wrong at times.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Who honestly gives a shit which has better PvP. Stop making pointless threads that exist only to start arguments.

I distinctly recall Aimed Shot/Multishot gibbing most anyone in the game, in Vanilla. Such skill, such talent. I mean it was fun as fuck, but lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    You must feel very insecure if you need to make such a troll thread.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by logmantv View Post
    Classic:
    Mage 1 shot macros, Rogues can 1 shot clothies. Warriors get kited all day
    Yep checks out "pure skill" + "counter playing" ... How can a Warrior "counter play" a hunter if the warrior isn't able to charge or intercept? Gets kited all day long.
    Mage attacks warrior first....warrior only has 1 intercept on 30 sec CD....warrior intercepts mage blinks...warrior kited for 30 seconds and prob dead before he can intercept again.
    Retail:
    Face roll, but still have ability to survive.

Imho:
    Wrath was the best when it comes to "reading your enemy and counter playing."
    Looks like you never played vanilla dude =/

Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    Looks like you never played vanilla dude =/
    I have a level 60 warrior, good one!
    Explain to me how a Warrior that gets attacked by a mage first (meaning he gets put in combat before he can charge) beat a mage?
    You intercept...mage frost nova + blink... Proceeds to kite you for days. No real "counter play" or anything you can do.
    Classic PvP is a joke.

I have a level 60 warrior, good one!
    Explain to me how a Warrior that gets attacked by a mage first (meaning he gets put in combat before he can charge) beat a mage?
    You intercept...mage frost nova + blink... Proceeds to kite you for days. No real "counter play" or anything you can do.
    Classic PvP is a joke.
    Spider belt out of the nova, or throw a grenade to stun him, or Free action potion, or gnomish helm to charge him, Frost reflector trinket his frostbolt, play with friends to support your role, Frost resistance gear, PVP trinket available now, play gnome for racial root break. Learn to play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Egzis View Post
    I swear, if vanilla was released right now with updated graphics, it would be the laughing stock of the decade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    This whole thread explains in a pretty nice manner how can Beliebers exist.

What pvp? oooohhh world pvp LUL, nice bait.

Wrath was the best when it comes to "reading your enemy and counter playing."
    You like to read the fucking ground when a Ret Paladin or a DK in Wrath bodies you? Cuz that's about the only reading people did for the first few months, was reading the dirt and what the spirit healer says when you die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Classic PvP is only slightly more skill based than current retail PvP. It's still 90% gear and consumes.

PvP in WoW, or generally any MMORPG, is shit...

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Classic PvP is only slightly more skill based than current retail PvP. It's still 90% gear and consumes.
    It's 99% gear and consumables, or in large scale W-PvP it's if you're either mage or hunter. Otherwise you're shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Retail pvp is just a bunch of smashing your face on the keyboard and seeing what random shit happens.

Retail pvp is basically the LFR of pvp in regards to skill.
    How to tell that someone has never actually tried to pvp in retail. ^^^^

It's not as difficult in this version in my opinion I'm a previous Rank 14, I currently play Bloodfang lvl 39 feral all in greens and i got rank 3 I'm 15,000 honor and over 500 hk's all mainly solo. Need more of a challenge!

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Classic PVP is infinitely more intense and involved than BFA PVP, yes. Just as BC was better than even Classic and Wrath was the best it ever was. After that it just became stale, dull and full of hacking.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdef View Post
    You like to read the fucking ground when a Ret Paladin or a DK in Wrath bodies you? Cuz that's about the only reading people did for the first few months, was reading the dirt and what the spirit healer says when you die.
    Why are you talking about the first few month for an expansion that lasted 2 years?

Field Marshal
    5+ Year Old Account
    There is nothing hard about classic, its just slow, and extremely timeconsuming

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    1. its always classic player starting this threads to look for validation since they feel insecure for some reason
    2. source for more player?
    3. prune? you know compared to retail classic lokes pruned. retail only looks pruned compared to cata/ mop

edit: also didnt you want to show us your 2,2 ?
    "retail only looks pruned compared to cata/ mop" LOL somebody never played WotLK
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Bolsheviks were amazing too.
    There is nothing fascist about antifa, you do not know the meaning of the word.
    100 milion dead people, so amazing.

oh look. another fucking useless opinion thread about the same garbage topic of X > Y ,because "wahhhhh! my opinion needs to be heard."

Quote Originally Posted by Dald View Post
    I distinctly recall Aimed Shot/Multishot gibbing most anyone in the game, in Vanilla. Such skill, such talent. I mean it was fun as fuck, but lol.
    I seriously doubt you gibbed any high Armor target.

This thread is pretty much bait and it's unlikely that any reasonable discussion will take place, but there an ounce of truth in it.
    Vanilla PvP is pretty much Rock,Paper,Scissor.

Wizard kills Warrior.
    Assassin kills Wizard.
    Warrior kills Assassin.

Obviously, that sucks for a game where Arena exists and death basically means defeat, but in a game mode where a singular death is just a setback and not defeat, it's a whole different story.

Take Moba games for instance, heroes / champions in there aren't made to counter everyone, they have clear established strengths and weaknesses.
    If you play a squishy wizard, it's not a great idea to wander around alone, because an Assassin / stealth character might just pick you off and kill you within seconds.

You're dead, but you'll be respawning in X seconds, that doesn't mean the game is imbalanced, you just played incorrectly because you should force fights where the Assassin character has to face the Warrior and gets beaten up.
    But unlike Arena, the game is not necessarily over, you just made a mistake and comeback is entirely possible.

In a game mode where you're given more room to pick your fights, it's okay to have this sort of thing within the game without being utterly broken, because you just avoid the situation where a given character can just wipe the floor with you without any drawback.

To go back to your example above.
    Sure, In classic, Hunters can really put cloth wears in a world of hurt, but once a hunter has a Rogue / Warrior on their ass, they're not laughing anymore, especially with things such as deadzone being a thing.
    It's also not as easy to reach the backline of a fight without being right in the middle of a Melee zerg or being totally out of position once people turn around and go after you.

Doing PvP in Classic really reminds of playing a Moba game, where you can also die within seconds, but in a mode where characters aren't forced into a cage and the sole objective is to kill enemy and dying doesn't mean you automatically lost, that's okay.

On top of that, this gives you a lot more room to explore class fantasy because not everything has to be about offensive CD's, defensive CD's and CC.

What makes hunters special in classic (PvP) are basically three things:
    -They're a Ranged class that deals physical damage (thus counters cloth which rely on keeping their distance from physical dps such as Rogue / Warrior)
    -They can be an excellent defender and great 1v1 class
    -They can easily Mana drain the enemy healer (unlike Priest / Warlock)

These three rather simple things make Hunters stand out in Classic, regardless of spec or anything and give the class a real identity.

Meanwhile, in Retail we're entering the 3rd round of dance around the golden egg that is "class fantasy".

Does Retail PvP / Arena take more skill?
    No question it does, but one should also ask whether "requires more skill" automatically translates to more fun.
    Because if skill was my sole metric, i'd be playing chess.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2019-11-27 at 06:14 PM.