Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by drbatman View Post
    Bro.... dont be silly

this isnt even ONE.

when there is better on use trinks pom pyro mages will be able to 1 shot every 3 mins.... not that big of a deal.

why make shit up?
    So being able to one-shot somebody once every 3 minutes does not mean you are able to one-shot. What's this logic? I don't even....whut?!

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    ... Well... not sure about equal rating. A friend and I decided to do Arenas for the essence (needed 1k rating). The first 3 fights were people like us, with small rating. The 18 fights following that had only people above 1500 rating. So... I don't know. It TRIES to make it equal, at least.
    The logic that Arena rating follows is "the more wins you get => the better skilled you are" so it's normal to face better players when you put some wins in, especially if you haven't played for a while. But after you get stomped, it reduces the rating requirement of your opponents, in the attempt to face you against players of equal skill. If you play a few dozen games, you will realize that you have reached a point where your win ratio is close to 50%, which would indicate that the rating system has put you in the rating pool of your capabilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrim View Post
    So being able to one-shot somebody once every 3 minutes does not mean you are able to one-shot. What's this logic? I don't even....whut?!

The logic that Arena rating follows is "the more wins you get => the better skilled you are" so it's normal to face better players when you put some wins in, especially if you haven't played for a while. But after you get stomped, it reduces the rating requirement of your opponents, in the attempt to face you against players of equal skill. If you play a few dozen games, you will realize that you have reached a point where your win ratio is close to 50%, which would indicate that the rating system has put you in the rating pool of your capabilities.
    Yeah, all games that uses ratings work like that. If you win streak, they put you against stronger and stronger opponents until you get stomped.

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrim View Post
    Hold on, you said there was THREE one shot classes.

Currently there isnt even ONE.

and you think im wrong?

lol buddy good luck in life you gonna need it.

Imagine using your entire rotation 4 times and flawless cc but you need to wait for 60% dampening ti even matter. Retail pvp is a joke now. The slowest combat system I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    Also, BfA has been out for longer than Classic so if you're going to compare how it retains players, you have to do it after a year. You can't compare BfA after a year in between patches with a Classic now with an extended phase. I mean you can, but it's pretty pointless.
    If you're going to talk about retaining players, you have to realize that BfA is extension of the original WoW client. If you look at how many the original WoW client had at the time, and compare it to today, you'd see it didn't retain the numbers it had 15 years ago. Classic has been out for 15 years now in one form or another whether you want to admit anything outside Blizzard Servers or not. So in reality, 15 years ago versus today's Classic server population already show it didn't retain very well. If you compare it to that, it had the worse drop in population of any expansion. Isn't it great how you can change the narrative by painting a more complete picture?!?!?

Anyone who honestly hasn't gotten the idea of 'you think you want it, but you don't' yet..... never will. But they will never cease to let you know, they are not a dying breed of a select number of players. They will constantly need validation by making these threads so they won't lose their minds in their thinking. You know that saying, 'misery loves company' and I tend to believe those who get on forums to validate their beliefs are miserable people.

That said, I bought into the hype for a few days. But realized real quick I didn't want Classic. Maybe Wrath server, sure. But not Classic.

I'm all for Classic servers being a side venture for Blizzard to bleed money from miserable fans so they can work on the retail and current server.

Side Note: If you enjoy Classic and don't engage in the argument of which one is better, you won't even find time to read this. Let alone, care about what people say on either side.
    Last edited by scelero; 2019-11-28 at 03:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hans07 View Post
    Lol every game loses players after its launch, classic is just way better at retaining players than bra though.

Still queues on every server every night.
    It feels like classic is getting more players each day, where as bfa is looking like a ghost town because of classic.

And the PvP part classic have way higher skill ceiling than bfa, u can rly master ur class in classic, whereas bfa u have to be able to do your dps rotation and then u can get to 2.4k easily.
    LOL...gets more people every day? That's why at launch every server was full...and now not nearly as many

You and your Retail Derangement Syndrome, you really will say anything no matter how much of a lie it is...to look better in better shape than you truly are.

Sorry, not fooling people. "shrugs"

Quote Originally Posted by logmantv View Post
    Classic:
    Mage 1 shot macros, Rogues can 1 shot clothies. Warriors get kited all day
    Yep checks out "pure skill" + "counter playing" ... How can a Warrior "counter play" a hunter if the warrior isn't able to charge or intercept? Gets kited all day long.
    Mage attacks warrior first....warrior only has 1 intercept on 30 sec CD....warrior intercepts mage blinks...warrior kited for 30 seconds and prob dead before he can intercept again.
    Retail:
    Face roll, but still have ability to survive.

Imho:
    Wrath was the best when it comes to "reading your enemy and counter playing."
    You forgot on classic warlock dots ticking kill them too. lol my bf killed about 40+ players with just dots already, hiding and dotting.

Quote Originally Posted by tauntor View Post
    Spider belt out of the nova, or throw a grenade to stun him, or Free action potion, or gnomish helm to charge him, Frost reflector trinket his frostbolt, play with friends to support your role, Frost resistance gear, PVP trinket available now, play gnome for racial root break. Learn to play.
    What do you do if you didn’t want to pick engineering? Or is that not meant to be a choice?

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    What do you do if you didn’t want to pick engineering? Or is that not meant to be a choice?
    If you don't take engineering in classic you don't care about pvp in classic, full stop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    What if you don't want to play a certain powerful comp?
    Or don't want to wear / have the hot new PvE Trinket / Item?
    Or don't want do to another game mode for certain a essence?
    Or don't want to farm AP?

Classic has a very freestyle approach, anything that grants you an advantage, can be used, but it's not like only a certain spec massively benefits from Engineering, any spec / class benefits from it.

It's the PvP Profession, if you're serious about PvP, you pick that one.

In retail, you also have to pick / do certain things because they're the best.
    Is classic on the far end of the spectrum?
    Yeah it is, but it's not like Retail doesn't "force" you into something if you want to have "the best".

And truth be told, i'd rather level engineering than farm AP every major patch, because
    1.I'm done once i'm 300.
    2.I can skip all the farming if i have enough gold.
    3.I can do a variety of activities to earn gold.

Things such as Essences / AP come from only a handful of sources.
    If i don't want to do that, i'm fucked.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2019-11-28 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    In retail, you also have to pick / do certain things because they're the best.
    Is classic on the far end of the spectrum?
    Yeah it is, but it's not like Retail doesn't "force" you into something if you want to have "the best".
    I would not say that classics min-maxing is that far off.

If you play retail for PvP, RAID for PvP the advantage you get for pvp is crazy high. Did you ever fight a Getiikku melee with multiple passive heal items?

The issue is, that it is harder for a casual player to take advantage of this. You need to do mythic raids, you want sometimes the offspec items and you want to spam-farm mythic+ dungeons to get everything you need. Its not just leveling up a profession completly solo and instantly have the advantage.

But thats the issue for many players with retail, it is simply harder, because the regular players are used to the higher complexity of the combat system and basic pvp knowledge is the standard, gearing needs simply more time and more skill because you have to do the hardest content there is.

If I read some of the postings in this thread, about "the EVIL dampening game" I just shake my head. The one-shotting and very short games agains burst specs were a huge issue and the pvp community BEGGED for YEARS to do something against it. Do you even remember Season1 of BfA? With rogues oneshotting TANKS inside the first 3-4 second opener? I guess not or the posters didnt even play BfA at all, because such postings about dampening make no sense, since BfA first months were the opposite and a huge negative issue for PVP players.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Rainyhealz View Post
    Imagine using your entire rotation 4 times and flawless cc but you need to wait for 60% dampening ti even matter. Retail pvp is a joke now. The slowest combat system I've ever seen.
    Why are you comparing a system that does not exist in classic?

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    I would not say that classics min-maxing is that far off.

If you play retail for PvP, RAID for PvP the advantage you get for pvp is crazy high. Did you ever fight a Getiikku melee with multiple passive heal items?
    I think it's "more difficult" because of how impactful those items are.
    Especially if you look at raiding in classic, you *have* to raid in order to get meaningful items, without raiding, you'll still be using a blue weapon in PvP until you're Exalted with AV (which doesn't hand out a weapon for every spec) or until you're Rank 14 and are essentially done with PvP.

Point is, Retail also has these things, but Classic rather...binary here, if you don't raid on retail, you're at disadvantage but if you don't raid in Classic, you're straight up screwed.
    It still exists in Retail but the gap is not that massive as opposed to classic.

If I read some of the postings in this thread, about "the EVIL dampening game" I just shake my head. The one-shotting and very short games agains burst specs were a huge issue and the pvp community BEGGED for YEARS to do something against it. Do you even remember Season1 of BfA? With rogues oneshotting TANKS inside the first 3-4 second opener? I guess not or the posters didnt even play BfA at all, because such postings about dampening make no sense, since BfA first months were the opposite and a huge negative issue for PVP players.
    I don't recall rogues one shotting tanks during the first Season of BfA, to be honest.

However, what you are describing is one of the reasons why i started to dislike Arena: It bounces between these two extremes.
    Either games are over within 30 seconds or drag on for 10min+ and the success or failure of the game relies on you stopping the healer from drinking, which isn't fun at all, at least to me.

The fact the game requires mechanics such as dampening just gives an indication that this mode isn't exactly well designed, because the dampening mechanic is utterly artificial and solely exists within Arena.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I don't recall rogues one shotting tanks during the first Season of BfA, to be honest.
    Thats no problem. Read up how many changes assassination rogues got (spoilers: double digits) at the end of season1 for PvP. The rogue+dh participation in season1 bfa was close to 85%. Not sure how you could miss that. BfA's start with M+ impact to the endgame and DH/rogue basicly dominating the META, while dominating up to broken levels the PVP game was horrible for the game as it is. The FOTM wave it casused with the late nerfs from blizzard went on till Season3 in pve and pvp. There are more DH rerolls in BfA as in LEGION.

Expansion starts with major issues that blocks DEV time are bad, because balance issues are pushed back and that caused a very ugly FOTM wave I never experience in 15years of WoW. Just in comparison, Vanillas WorldOfRogueCraft major balance crysis lasted shorter before it got fixed as BfA-Season1 of issues.

Yes, 15 years ago, with massive release issues, server issues, missing game feature issues, the balancing team was faster as todays BfA crew.

If you want to puke, open raider.io and list class participation of each BfA season. And do the same with arena, that blizzard waited so long till they started nerfs is sad to see. But you cant even say that they care only about raid balance, since that was even worse at the whole time. The team for class balancing did a horrible job and the left overs from the whole time are now the unhappy crowd in retail wow. Bored and frustrated with their FOTM class reroll, because every patch is basicly another nerf and another nerf and another nerf.
    Last edited by Ange; 2019-12-06 at 12:42 PM.
    -

Thats no problem. Read up how many changes assassination rogues got (spoilers: double digits) at the end of season1 for PvP.
    Sorry to disappoint you, i don't recall that and that was even a Season where i got the Gladiator mount.
    Maybe it's because i lost track of the seasons where rogues are (borderline) op, because there are so many of them.

But i'd love to know a site that keeps track of PvP specific changes, because i don't know one.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2019-12-06 at 12:59 PM.

I am Retail Rog player and also playing classic as a rogue, what I can say about it. In retail as a Rogue you cannot kill a healer by yourself. But in Classic you can stunlock and CC them all day plus Eng gadgets you are able to kill every class. In retail you can take the healer hp around %40 by yourself and after all you have done, its become %100 hp with 2 skills but on the other hand you used all your big cds on it in order to kill it, so its not fun. I hope Shadowlands fix it, I miss the WotLK - Cataclsym rogue pvp.

You mean afking in a cave, like 24 hours / day to get rank14 is better than mindless button smashing? Well ok fam, enjoy "skilled and tacticfull" pvp in "classic"..

7+ Year Old Account
    Man nothing brings the haters of each side into a thread as fast as having a title like this. But I love how everyone just always seem to think whatever they think are facts and people with a different opinion are retarded, boosted scum of the earth.

on topic:

Classic PvP is fun for me, certain match ups are good and skill determine the outcome, some others are decided by resist RNG and some are one sided. All in all for me it's really fun, talents feel more like a extension of your class and not just something that locks you in one side of it, I love picking out gear like trinkets for certain match ups and rotating through them over the course of a wpvp session/bg. I love that CC is game changing and that healers are actually killable and so on. Now would I say classic is the best version of pvp personally? No, it's good but not perfect. I'm a big fan of MoP,Wotlk and Cata.

But for me (NOW REMEMBER THIS IS A OPINION) it's far better then retail, in retail if you CC a healer for 12-15 seconds, avoided all the interupts etc there is a very good chance nothing really happens, you have to do this a lot of times and then maybe the dampening will finally kick in and make stuff interesting. I loved pvp up untill WoD where the pruning started, and classic has been a breath of fresh air.

As far as skill is concerned, if you're fighting someone like Ziqo in classic or retail you're probably gonna get rolled unless you're a god as well. The major difference I think is mostly in the style of game you wanna play. Retail feels more like a reaction game, you pop this I do this and you continue doing that up untill someone makes a mistake or comp favor, dampening, sleight gear difference( since gear isn't really that impactfull except for traits) or whatever kicks in. In classic I feel like predicting someones move is fare more rewarding, skulling a blind/sheep/scatter, preblizzing a vanish etc and that is because CC is really stupidly strong. Yeah predicting shit is still good for retail but you don't have as many tools as earlier expansions had to do anything about it even if you predict what he's gonna do you just have to sit and take it.

For retail PvP skill is more about game knowledge and which cd's to pop against someone elses cd's. Classic is not really as balanced but some match ups like rogue v mage are pure skill match ups and predicting what your opponent does wins you the fight.

You can enjoy both or one and that's not a crime, different strokes for different blokes.
    Last edited by Rascal Bob; 2019-12-17 at 03:02 AM.

Just another bad player with 0 pvp mechanics obviously who couldnt climb the ladder at retail,ingored tactics at bgs got roflstomped at wpvp, come to here to say BS. Git gud

Quote Originally Posted by tauntor View Post
    Spider belt out of the nova, or throw a grenade to stun him, or Free action potion, or gnomish helm to charge him, Frost reflector trinket his frostbolt, play with friends to support your role, Frost resistance gear, PVP trinket available now, play gnome for racial root break. Learn to play.
    lol xD it's like you are only going to encounter frost mages in the world mate. Equipping items just to counter one class will negatively affect your stats in the other class encounters. Also again, it depends on stuff you have rather then using baseline spells also you are assuming that you will be fully prepared, while mage only uses his baseline, what if mage is also prepared?