Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    ban guns, confiscate guns....stop manufacturing bullets for retail sale.....make any ownership, possession or manufacturing of guns and ammo a federal crime with mandatory 5-10 years and huge bankrupting fines.

in a few dozen years guns will be either non existent or there will be nothing left to load the guns with.

. no guns, no shooting.
    all of what you just said will never happen lol
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    Do you want to bet? Because in 1803 I'm sure a lot of people thought minorities being able to vote wasn't ever going to happen.

Never say never.

blacks were never going to be free, women were never going to vote, US would never be independent, black person could never be president....land on the moon HA!.....
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

15+ Year Old Account
    blacks were never going to be free, women were never going to vote, US would never be independent, black person could never be president....land on the moon HA!.....
    seeing as when push comes to shove the anti gun crowd is usually all talk i feel my 2nd amendment rights are easily safe in my lifetime
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    15 year old in the state with some of the strictest gun control laws they are clearly working
    So anything that isn't perfect isn't working at all?

So let's eliminate seat belts and air bags from all our cars. And get rid of food safety regulations. /facepalm

We are the only country in the world with this massive problem. Statistically, California's gun control laws are working well considering the rest of the US, but no state gun control law can do so much when neighboring states are lax.

I mean, you do understand that there are lots and lots of other countries out there, and we know for a fact that gun control works quite well.

15+ Year Old Account
    I enjoyed going to school without the need to wear a bulletproof vest if i wanna come home alive.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    seeing as when push comes to shove the anti gun crowd is usually all talk i feel my 2nd amendment rights are easily safe in my lifetime
    Once the older generation does us a favor and gets the fuck out of politics, don't be surprised if change comes faster than you think.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Once the older generation does us a favor and gets the fuck out of politics, don't be surprised if change comes faster than you think.
    i'd bet good money that you still wont get the states needed to ratify it
    Get your shit together

10+ Year Old Account
    i'd bet good money that you still wont get the states needed to ratify it
    Believe what you will, it doesn't change the fact that no one thought there were enough states to ratify women's suffrage either.

Times change.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    Not even one post deep, and we are blaming the GOP for the actions of psychotic nutbags. Bravo!
    And we will continue to do so until they change their ways.

Guns hurt people. Lack of proper mental health care hurts people. The GOP love guns, hates health care. This isn't hard to figure out.

Gun control and related discussions have their own dedicated megathread. This one is for the specific event. If you know relevant details, good; if you are here just to use a tragic occasion to mock and bait other posters, some of whom are demonstrably involved (see OP), please reconsider.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    That was quick.

It does work.

Firearm Mortality Rate by State per CDC.

It would have worked even better if other states will follow suit.

More Than Half of the Firearms Confiscated in California in 2014 Came From Other States per ATF.
    How can you say that with a straight face? Ever heard of Chicago? How about Los Angelos? Think those towns are more safe then say Orlando or Tampa? Note that commonality between Chicago, Philly and LA. Seriously wonder how people dont know this? If youve ever watched a self-defense channel on youtube then you know that Chicago is literally Iraq (in terms of armed conflict) here in the US.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    So anything that isn't perfect isn't working at all?

So let's eliminate seat belts and air bags from all our cars. And get rid of food safety regulations. /facepalm

We are the only country in the world with this massive problem. Statistically, California's gun control laws are working well considering the rest of the US, but no state gun control law can do so much when neighboring states are lax.

I mean, you do understand that there are lots and lots of other countries out there, and we know for a fact that gun control works quite well.
    "we are the only country in the world with this massive problem" is a flagrant argument, we are also the only country in the world with a second amendment, a population exceeding 200 million, and its not like other countries such as Australia and UK dont have gun violence either. Note that in the UK they are trying to ban tipped knives yet I can link multiple videos of ppl walking down the street indiscriminately killing.

- - - Updated - - -

ban guns, confiscate guns....stop manufacturing bullets for retail sale.....make any ownership, possession or manufacturing of guns and ammo a federal crime with mandatory 5-10 years and huge bankrupting fines.

in a few dozen years guns will be either non existent or there will be nothing left to load the guns with.

. no guns, no shooting.
    What is the UK? How about Brazil, note the vast majority of crime videos in the world come out of Brazil. Very strict gun laws, concealed carry is just not a thing there. Though sitting down for a bite to eat and getting robbed by moped gangsters with glocks is. You'll figure life out sooner than later with those fogged eyes friend.

. no guns, no shooting.
    That is wildly naive and will never happen, also unconstitutional . you do know you can make your own bullets dont you. See its people with your mind set that we have a second amendment right
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Why didn't they just tell him guns aren't allowed in schools in California
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by Biochem92 View Post
    How can you say that with a straight face? Ever heard of Chicago? How about Los Angelos? Think those towns are more safe then say Orlando or Tampa? Note that commonality between Chicago, Philly and LA. Seriously wonder how people dont know this? If youve ever watched a self-defense channel on youtube then you know that Chicago is literally Iraq (in terms of armed conflict) here in the US.
    Can't speak for other states. However, according to the latest CDC data, LA metro area firearm homicide/suicide rate is lower than Dallas, Houston, Miami, Birmingham, New Orleans, Atlanta, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Louisville, Memphis, Nashville, New Orleans, Orlando, Phoenix, Pittsburgh, San Antonio. Feel free to verify the veracity of my statement.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/67/...cid=mm6744a3_w

Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    Good luck confiscating the millions of guns in the US (which outnumber the population). Fairy tales rock!
    Most of the guns are with a relatively small population.

Again outlaw the sale of ammo and ammo making materials won't really matter after a couple years but to those willing to risk total destruction of their lives.

People said the same thing about owning slaves...it turned pretty fast when the shit finally hit the fan.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by magistic View Post
    If you don't want guns, move your ass to another country. I'm keeping my 2nd amendment rights including others too.

Just because you morons are willing to give away your rights to the government doesn't mean me and the other 300 million+ people do too.
    Don't you hate that these assholes gave up their rights to own other human beings!! LONG LIVE THE SOUTH!!!
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    Can't speak for other states. However, according to the latest CDC data, LA metro area firearm homicide/suicide rate is lower than Dallas, Houston, Miami, Birmingham, New Orleans, Atlanta, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Louisville, Memphis, Nashville, New Orleans, Orlando, Phoenix, Pittsburgh, San Antonio. Feel free to verify the veracity of my statement.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/67/...cid=mm6744a3_w
    Fair enough but i think the bulk of my argument still stands, the cities with the most gun violence per capita, are in fact the cities with the highest gun control. Florida might be an exception but having spent time in a public High School, I can tell you gangs are rampant here. Something tells me there something fishy about LA too, the number of gun deaths seems unusually low for a city of that size.

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    That is wildly naive and will never happen, also unconstitutional . you do know you can make your own bullets dont you. See its people with your mind set that we have a second amendment right
    ...read slower...….

manufacturing of guns and ammo a federal crime

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Biochem92 View Post
    Fair enough but i think the bulk of my argument still stands, the cities with the most gun violence per capita, are in fact the cities with the highest gun control. Florida might be an exception but having spent time in a public High School, I can tell you gangs are rampant here. Something tells me there something fishy about LA too, the number of gun deaths seems unusually low for a city of that size.
    got a citation for that?

man this is quickly turning into the mega gun control thread...bowing out now its going to get locked anyway
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

...read slower...….

manufacturing of guns and ammo a federal crime

- - - Updated - - -

got a citation for that?

man this is quickly turning into the mega gun control thread...bowing out now its going to get locked anyway
    A citation for my anecdote? Not sure if thats a valid request. Also gun control is a natural follow up to the information of a mass shooting and who to post in a thread with 1000 or so pages?

5+ Year Old Account
    This thread will be closed. Continue discussion in the Gun-Control Mega-thread.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."