Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Phase 2 is finally here!!!

Anyone else enjoying the closed realm pvp?
    On Skeram US there's a very tight community of players and KOS list left and right.

Everyone remembering how addicting Vanilla wow was is now experiencing it in full force.

Already up to 350 HKs!!!

Shazzrah is an absolute clusterfuck in every hub and flight path, from Tanaris, to Blackrock Mountain, to Flame Crest. Entire 40 man raids of both factions just zerging each other. Insane.

How long till an established Tarren Mill vs Southshore battle?

Zandalar Tribe has had Tarren Mill beseiged for a good while now.

People up to thousands of HKs already.

Myself, I do'nt know if it's my rural internet or the servers but I had a good 1+ second delay on any ability and I was there with a level 45 character so nearly every spell that *did* get cast was met with "Resist" so I'm taking a break till the early hours to continue playing Still, was pretty mental

Azuregos spawned and I think pretty much every other max level character was in Azshara.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Having fun in SS pushing fall back on Mograine EU.around 300 vs 300 i think multiple full raids on both sides. This thing is a slideshow and mostly unplayable though (10s delay on my moonfires).

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Shazzrah is an absolute clusterfuck in every hub and flight path, from Tanaris, to Blackrock Mountain, to Flame Crest. Entire 40 man raids of both factions just zerging each other. Insane.

How long till an established Tarren Mill vs Southshore battle?
    I'm on pve and its already happening.

the bright side to pve is that you can only be corpse camped for 5 minutes so thats a bonus.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll do more later but it's exactly what I thought it would be, pretty boring lol.

I too enjoy not being able to lvl anymore.

It was fun for a while. Pretty much until I realised I have to do this same zerg for 8 hours a day, 7 days a week if I actually want to reach high ranks. And that might not even be enough.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Eh I’m done with classic until either my friends want to get back into it or battle grounds come out. I’ve been trying to finish levelling for weeks now as we were going to farm out the last 5 levels farming dungeons but my friends would rather play other games and classic isn’t good enough to play alone so a honor system doesn’t really appeal to me.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    For our server which is like 65/35 in Hordes favor it currently works like this.

Horde absolutely run over any Alliance in giant non-organized swarms. The only people left on our server are organized Alliance guilds, so they naturally form a group of 5-10 people, that's actually well, organized. They wipe that swarm of people once, maybe twice, then they get over run and completely camped forcing them to spirit rez and port back to a capital city. The only thing that generally breaks this flow is just giant super organized guild groups, but those aren't really that mobile, nor are they 'efficient' for grinding honor.

Either way it can't be fun for either party. For Horde it's like wheres waldo, and for alliance it probably feels like one of those endless mode games where no matter what you do, you lose. Considering that you're only really competing with your own faction, it does soften the sting some, but it can't be that fun. The path to success for Horde is a never ending scavenger hunt, while alliance occasionally run over groups for a short period of time spending the rest of the time dead or waiting for spirit rez to go away.

The only other 'type' of wPvP that goes on is stealth groups composing of 2-3 rogues/druids, which just pick off a couple people every once and awhile. Considering how honor works, this is the most efficient way to actually grind honor.

The SSvsTM thing is a novelty, same as the BRM PvP, but it gets really boring really fast IMO. It's just an endless back and forth which often deteriorates into a slide show and your only contribution as melee DPS is charge or stun somebody who occasionally gets too close (usually because of lag).

This is exactly what I thought it would be, which isn't to say I'm upset about it at all. Unfortunately most servers aren't balanced, but I imagine the experience is slightly better on those realms.

TLDR; It might be fun if you have a couple rogue friends, your faction is the lower populated one and you just isolate stragglers going to Stratholme, Diremaul or BRM. Then you have to remember that if you want to climb in any capacity (especially the higher ranks) that this is how you're going to be playing the game for hours upon hours a day.

From what i heard skeram US is a 90-10 H-A ratio, must be fun to be on that server steamroillong alliance if your horde or getting steamrolled if your alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurwi View Post
    It was fun for a while. Pretty much until I realised I have to do this same zerg for 8 hours a day, 7 days a week if I actually want to reach high ranks. And that might not even be enough.
    The higher dimishing returns from real WoW servers will crush a lot of private server hopes from casual players. The fixed upgrade positions on bigger servers will make sure that a very tiny amount of no-lifers can block your for months from progressing. And the best part of the sytem is, it gets worse over time!
    The first mount ranks will be painfull allready in time spend but later on it wont be even possible to do it solo without a good team.

Math is hard for some people and even googling vanilla issues seems to be to much.
    -

15+ Year Old Account
    And thus the honor trading has begun!
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Lol, the usual weirdo starting a post, and the reality below after a couple of posts.

If only there was an instanced version of PvP that you queue for that fixes the majority of "WPvP" issues...Oh wait.

Blizzard is doing a massive fail by not releasing Battlegrounds together, things were released this way in 2005 because development, there is no reason to do this now as after the first few hours WPvP honor farming is insanely boring and its simply faction imbalance based.

Ah well, at least back then the majority that had no clue and only a few lucky ones got Rank 14 insanely fast, i am really interested to see how it will be now with dozens farming HK and not 1-5 people.

yeah the bgs are more fun, more balanced, we were crushing for a while last night then the batphone was used and we got over run, i ended up with 3 dhk's and nearly 700hks.

at first we out numbered the alliance but after the reinforcements they ended up outnumbering us 3 maybe 5 to 1. it wasn't so bad for me at first lag wise but once they started surging it was rubber banding quite a lot.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2019-11-15 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    And thus the honor trading has begun!
    With diminishing returns I dont even see how this is a thing. You only get honor from someone for 4 kills a day.

I ended the day with 1100 hk's and 33dk's lol. Id still love to know how DK's affect week 1 progress, since you cant get negative in ranks?

I watched some twitch last night and the pvp going on looked crazy. Glad I'm on a PVE realm. I'll wait for BG's.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hehe guildies spotted (stupid Spy addon) 64 alliance hiding in some random tiny house in Hillsbrad ready to jump out.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Well, this isn't technically Phase 2 yet. The patch hasn't released with the keyring and stuff. So it's like how Dire Maul was, just turned on for something extra to do.