Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Marakesh View Post
    Recreating vanilla required some decisions on their part.
    I will never understand why they thought people would be playing this game in big groups of friends wanting to play together, as this was often touted as the reason they don't want to put in any restrictions on server choice.

If a servers population is already more than 52% (which for arguments sake on a server with 5k accounts is still a margin of over 100 players) in favour of one faction they should simply have made it impossible to roll that faction on that server until the balance is redressed. Mechanics like that from the moment the server is created prevent the dumb snowball effect once the imbalance hits around 60%.

But apparently that would stop the guilds of players transferring over from other games or w/e the hell they think happens being able to play together.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    nethergarde keep eu. i'm mostly doing pve but I thought it would be funny to join that rumble it was just after the honor was turned on maybe 2hrs before that screenshot.
    Ah, I'm on Pyrewood, I was wondering if I had killed you multiple times

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    And for a lot of servers it seems the Alliance number of players has dropped substantially. Everywhere I see multiple raids of horde cunts grieving groups of 5 -10 alliance on their way to BRD or BRS. I'm all for PvP but when it's 10 people waiting on you to rez the shit gets old fast.

Even upon release, people were saying that Classic will be different than Vanilla was, and now that Phase 2 has arrived, I can without a doubt tell you that the game is currently playing out nothing like Vanilla. Sure, there was usually some conflict going on in the 'Brad and STV could spring up some action, but there are horde raids in nearly ever zone killing and camping people. It's not even just for honor, they're killing NPCs as well (not just the guards and flightmasters), just today I was killed by a horde raid in Menethil, WPL, EPL, Blasted Lands, Burning Steppes, Searing Gorge, Blackrock Mountain, Winterspring, Felwood, and Feralas. It will take you anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour longer than it normally would to get into some instance like BRD, and if you run into a particularly asshole-ish group, it may not be possible as they'll mind control you away.

For anyone who says something about how we should just fight back, what happens is you form a raid of your own, kill the horde and then you have three or four more raids entering the zone to contend with. If they catch wind that someone is somewhere, there's multiple horde guilds headed to kill you. You can't actually win, you can get a few kills and wipe the people who are currently camping flightpaths, boats, and inns, but you can't create an area to farm in or to level.

To make matters worse is the use of the add-on called Spy which completely breaks world PvP for whatever side is the underdog.

None of this is anything like how Vanilla played out, but the lack of any sort of design toward the PvP system is really apparent here, and the best any of the weaker factions can hope for at this point is that the winning faction gets tired of killing people who can't fight back.

This is what happens if you release hk without bgs available. It's the only reason I'm playing on a PVE server. I made this descision before the launch of wow classic. Everybody could have seen it.

Having Honor Kills without Battlegrounds is absolutely stupid.

But I hope people enjoy not being able to do anything because of raids wiping out npcs for 12 hours a day lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    With diminishing returns I dont even see how this is a thing. You only get honor from someone for 4 kills a day.
    Two 40 man raids killing each other 4 times is still approximately 40x (1.00 + 0.75 + 0.50 + 0.25) = ~100 HK worth of honor for each player for about 10min of play, find enough different raids to trade with and gaming the ranks will be pretty doable for the first few weeks.

It won't be as efficient as doing a solid Battleground win rotation, but that's obviously not an option yet.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Quote Originally Posted by Ruchia View Post
    but at the moment you basically have an entire game that's carrying a population on a server for which it was never meant. You can look at the spawn rates of herbs and mines for that.

So the level of world pvp is just next to bollox and servers with huge faction imbalances really will feel it a lot more compared to 15 years ago.

I sat in felwood: raiding party of horde, i arrived in wetlands: raiding party of horde, Searing gorge: the same.

We gathered 10 ppl together and survived for like 15 mins before we were swamped by at least a 3-fold of the horde hunting us down.

Only layering can fix this (sadly)
    welcome to classic. world pvp is inhrently unfair, get used to it. if you dont like pvp, theres plenty of pve realms to roll on. if you want "fair" pvp, you can go on retail BFA and do rated BGs or rated arena, aven even then, arguably that pvp is also unfair. so yeah... get used to it or reroll pve

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    And for a lot of servers it seems the Alliance number of players has dropped substantially. Everywhere I see multiple raids of horde cunts grieving groups of 5 -10 alliance on their way to BRD or BRS. I'm all for PvP but when it's 10 people waiting on you to rez the shit gets old fast.
    And ally's are doing the exact same thing. Right now on shazzrah EU it is impossible to lvl as a horde in any lvl 50+ zones.
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Asmonbald last week : "phase 2 will be golden age of classic"

Asmonbald this week " classic is dying because of pvp , blizzard needs to save game"

Most of playerbase oon launch "world pvp is amazing - you all should roll on pvp servers "

having fun now if you are not dominant fraction ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshingo View Post
    Having Honor Kills without Battlegrounds is absolutely stupid.

But I hope people enjoy not being able to do anything because of raids wiping out npcs for 12 hours a day lol
    its almost like pve servers have a purpose.

but naaah lets add 20 pvp servers with people having no clue how pvp was in vanilla.

because forum warriors spend 2 years spreading lies about how it will be

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by last1214 View Post
    And half my friends were scratching their head when I told them there was no fucking way I was going to roll on a PVP server. They went their way and are currently miserable, I went mine and don't regret my decision for a sec.
    mata 99% of forums were like this

"pvp is the only way to play classic"

well guess what pvp is now here

and im gladly enjoying this mess from pve server

so satysfying to be proven right

I pretty much quit the game by now. Classic was fun, but raids of people camping just about every flightpoint or instance entrance is getting boring as shit. I spent around 45 min going from Kargarth and to BRD the other day because of constant corpse camping. Phase 2 is a huge waste of time and a hard pass for me - See ya when phase 3 is rolling around.

Quote Originally Posted by Ssateneth View Post
    welcome to classic. world pvp is inhrently unfair, get used to it. if you dont like pvp, theres plenty of pve realms to roll on. if you want "fair" pvp, you can go on retail BFA and do rated BGs or rated arena, aven even then, arguably that pvp is also unfair. so yeah... get used to it or reroll pve
    You didn''t actually read anything of what I wrote. The current state is a far stretch from how it ever used to be. Druid pvp was never fast. But in vanilla at least i could happily gank people. In classic? i get facesmashed by a roaming band of horde before i get them to 50% of their hp

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    Asmonbald last week : "phase 2 will be golden age of classic"

Asmonbald this week " classic is dying because of pvp , blizzard needs to save game"

Most of playerbase oon launch "world pvp is amazing - you all should roll on pvp servers "
    As a streamer he doesnt care about classic, its just content and he is most likely just preparing his viewers for the classic->retail->classic->retail switch that has more casual content to do. As a reaction streamer he does no real game content, the amount of content he can do is limited in both game versions.

I don't think you can gauge the issues or the health of a game from the actions or claims what streamers do or say.

As for this topic and how Classic P2 is not like Vanilla

Sadly in this regard it is. The missing endless growth of vanilla is showing in the disparity between new leveling players and pure honor farmers. But overall this is why server transfer from PVE->PVP was prohibited for so long, because leveling in this environment where groups/raids are camping and griefing everyone 24/7 took a bit more than 5mins longer.

Sometimes my vanilla alts did not progress in 3-4 hours of playtime at all, because I could not finish a single quest nor could I escape the zone and this was good day, because the server queue allowed me to play a few hours. Thats PVP server with honor system.

A small hint, this wont go away with BG's. In a few weeks people will realize that they have no chance in honor rankings and will just fall back to griefing and BG's will not change anything for them.
    Last edited by Ange; 2019-11-19 at 10:24 AM.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    A small hint, this wont go away with BG's. In a few weeks people will realize that they have no chance in honor rankings and will just fall back to griefing and BG's will not change anything for them.
    this is another disaster waiting to happen .

once people realise that 99% of raids are fully premades being unable to progress anything because this time around it wont be premades vs noobs only premades vs premades.

have fun