Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Alliance can't compete with horde in mass pvp on Herod so they resort to camping leveling zones. 20 man raids running around un'goro, camping gagetzan ect.. super fun

I am now 100% convinced Blizzard is deliberately trying to tank Classic. Maybe it hurts the current dev's feelings? Not sure why. There aren't that many design decisions they had to make. I mean the game pretty much is what it is at this point. And yet even with the small amount of wiggle room they had they've managed to make things worse.

Let's add in bugs and stability and population management issues, and its safe to say that Classic is officially a worse recreation of Vanilla than private servers made by volunteer staff.

15+ Year Old Account
    Can someone confirm if Dire Maul west still has the huge invisible walls above the "rails" that go to the first boss (Big tree)? You used to be able to jump onto those, pull elites and make them to path to you slowly, kiting them endlessly. Easy exp, librams and other loot back then. But it was nerfed at the end of vanilla, by adding the invisible walls.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

People say that BG's killed world PVP, and world PVP is about to kill Classic WoW. Seen a lot of people already decide to stop playing. Glad I got 60 before this shit kicked off but I'm gonna wait for it to all blow over anyway, lagging my face off and ganking lowbies isn't my idea of fun.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Marakesh View Post
    I am now 100% convinced Blizzard is deliberately trying to tank Classic. Maybe it hurts the current dev's feelings? Not sure why. There aren't that many design decisions they had to make. I mean the game pretty much is what it is at this point. And yet even with the small amount of wiggle room they had they've managed to make things worse.

Let's add in bugs and stability and population management issues, and its safe to say that Classic is officially a worse recreation of Vanilla than private servers made by volunteer staff.
    Sorry, but what was actually added in? So far, almost all of the bug reports were actually how the game was, population management has been addressed as they have people multiple new realms and plenty of time to utilize them, and the stability issues have been nonexistent except for getting DDOS’d when p2 launched.
    I love that you think Blizzard is trying to tank something that makes them money. It’s quite hilarious, honestly.

And it is how it happens back then. They released the HK system and all pvp world went aflame for a while. Then they released the BG. I thought you all wanted the Vanilla experience? That was how it was back then, enjoy!

Was fun for 1 hour

now you cant play the game anymore. Everything is camped by people who PVP in raids 24/7. This wasn't like this in vanilla since the density of players wasn't even half of what we have on my server.

There is no char migration to a PVE server. Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Yeah imaging wanting the best and coolest raids ever without the ”link achiv and ilvl for invite”-cancer of retail, crazy, right?
    coolest because the easiest ? Bosses with barely any mechanics xd ?

It's finally here and its glorious.
    Making a group of 5-10 and hunting hordes in WPL, EPL or Felwood is so much fun (you want felcloths, you'll have to fight for them). Strangely, seeing the Horde come defend the zone from 10 alliances with a 30-40man raid feels good.
    Fightning for an hour with a 10man horde group camping the Menethil boat is also great.
    SS vs TM is pretty boring for melee with the insane lag that comes with 150 vs 150 battles, and unrewarding for healers who need to be grouped to heal the tiny bit the lag will allow them. But, our ranged dps are farming honor like crazy for going solo in there. If the top 1% in the ranking is anything but ranged dps classes, i'll need to know how they pulled it off.
    Raids going at it in BRM is something to see. A group of pallys charging into 40 people, bubbling, and then throwing sappers and consecrate in the middle and having the enemy force lose all cohesion is priceless .... but i feel like i'll like it less when our raid night comes -_-

I still hope BG will come sooner then later, because i'd like to be able to play my alt at some point.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xemioza View Post
    And retail got a bunch of mechanics only cos of DBM/BigWigs cos 99% of the raiders would fail without them.
    The best raids were at the middle ground, TBC some of LK expansion in this regard.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bramickias View Post
    If the top 1% in the ranking is anything but ranged dps classes, i'll need to know how they pulled it off.
    You must know how the honor farming works - TIME SPEND - and dimishing in groups, raids and rekills are not really the best way to do it.

Do you know how people pulled off ranking high 15 years ago? They simply played more. If you can't solo kill/gank players, you just have to play more in groups.

There is no magic, hidden, skilled anything to rank, just monotone and continuous honor grind. Welcome to classic pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    The best raids were at the middle ground, TBC some of LK expansion in this regard.
    WotLK ICC was not even middle ground. The "heroic" raid-achievements for free-fast flying PER CHARACTER were a casual thing to do on multiple alt characters just to keep the flying cost cheap. You could easily do the whole raid achievement on the harder 10man size with your alts. ICC heroic even with the more challenging smaller raid size is maybe at BfA-Normal raiding difficulty or even less. Raiding difficulty changed a lot in this game, things like personal fails leading to 100% raid wipes were a thing of the highest difficulty and are now allready a thing in heroic difficulty since legion. So not only the hardest difficulty in raiding changed a lot but even the lower difficulty levels got harder over time.
    Last edited by Ange; 2019-11-17 at 01:08 PM.
    -

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    WotLK ICC was not even middle ground. The "heroic" raid-achievements for free-fast flying PER CHARACTER were a casual thing to do on multiple alt characters just to keep the flying cost cheap. You could easily do the whole raid achievement on the harder 10man size with your alts. ICC heroic even with the more challenging smaller raid size is maybe at BfA-Normal raiding difficulty or even less. Raiding difficulty changed a lot in this game, things like personal fails leading to 100% raid wipes were a thing of the highest difficulty and are now allready a thing in heroic difficulty since legion. So not only the hardest difficulty in raiding changed a lot but even the lower difficulty levels got harder over time.
    Sure but you did not adress my point. The game got so filled with boss abilities simply cos of DBM style mods. It has been an arms race from Classic where there were no addons at start and even back then you wipe a raid on personal mistake even though not as frequent (same mechanic though, you blow the raid up )
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xemioza View Post
    Coolest scenery by far, love the fiery setting of MC and BWL, the scary scourgy setting of Naxx and absolute adore the sand/egypt theme of AQ20/40

And I love that they are fairly easy, rather that than lfg for hours cause you dont have achiv in retail

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    I'm on pve and its already happening.

the bright side to pve is that you can only be corpse camped for 5 minutes so thats a bonus.
    What server?

nethergarde keep eu. i'm mostly doing pve but I thought it would be funny to join that rumble it was just after the honor was turned on maybe 2hrs before that screenshot.

15+ Year Old Account
    Imagine my surprise when the game becomes a grindy, unplayable mess.

Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

And half my friends were scratching their head when I told them there was no fucking way I was going to roll on a PVP server. They went their way and are currently miserable, I went mine and don't regret my decision for a sec.

The issue is there are simply too many people. This is not emulating vanilla. It is a whole different beast all together. Both horde and alliance are foaming at the mouth over honor pts, and now several days after its release, they are realizing that there is more honor to be had in 10 man death squads all over the world as opposed to the tarren mill nonsense. This player density is making the game unplayable as you cant even go pick herbs without being camped by a raid. There is nothing you can do. It is unrealistic to think that for farming herbs you need a raid of bodyguards. We need bgs sooner rather than later to stem this insanity and give a way to farm honor that doesnt hurt the game more than help it.

I am not some retail fanboy. I played in vanilla. I love vanilla. This is NOT vanilla. This is vanilla with 5 times the population density and no battlegrounds to send them to.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by last1214 View Post
    And half my friends were scratching their head when I told them there was no fucking way I was going to roll on a PVP server. They went their way and are currently miserable, I went mine and don't regret my decision for a sec.
    It will be like this temporarily untill BG's releases. There are up- and downsides with both PvE/PvP but generally speaking the most crucial upside one could wish for is a large, healthy playerpool. PvP realms are usually those that provide that.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Sorry, but what was actually added in? So far, almost all of the bug reports were actually how the game was, population management has been addressed as they have people multiple new realms and plenty of time to utilize them, and the stability issues have been nonexistent except for getting DDOS’d when p2 launched.
    I love that you think Blizzard is trying to tank something that makes them money. It’s quite hilarious, honestly.
    Recreating vanilla required some decisions on their part. The servers being imba could have been solved by promising to merge dead servers. If people knew this ahead of release they wouldn't be flocking to the same few ones. They should have had faction transfer from the getgo to encourage more alliance on certain pvp servers instead of letting alliance transfer off of them. The servers are way too big and some still are. Really, using phasing instead of planned merges really led to this.

This leads into the decision to implement a wpvp experience that encourages nothing but rampant ganking as it was in vanilla wow for all of 2 months, so early in the games history most of us who actually played vanilla wow for a year and a half never experienced. Combined with mega server realms and you get a giant clusterf@#&. Bg's really should've been released with DM if not sooner. It is a pretty core feature. Wpvp is still a core part of vanilla wow, before and after this trainwreck, it just won't be so heavily encouraged.

Also, as for bugs - mob social aggro is borked and I hear some hunter abilities like feign death still aren't working. Those are 2 I know aren't working right off hand.