Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by Exhuman View Post
    The problem with MoP was the content drought at the end.
    In fairness that's not a problem with MoP it's a problem with WoD.

Hmm, let's see. MoP introduced:

- some of the most beautiful zones, even up to now
    - some of the greatest music
    - some of the best looking tier sets
    - Isle of Thunder is arguably the best end game content of any patch
    - challenging 5 man content
    - it improved on a shitshow that was 4.3 LFR
    - made raiding a lot easier with difficulty revamp and adding flex
    - (most important for me) they made an expansion purely from scrap, with no current lore to use. Only thing we had up to then was Chen, Pandaren as a race, Brewmaster as a class and Pandaria as some land. We didnt know anything about them. This is also a bit shocking, since Blizz is known to ravage their existing role, but somehow they were able to make this masterpiece of a story out of nothing, having only their imagination as a resource

And I never understood the complaints of "omg pandas are so childish", dude you were already playing a game having gnomes in the Alliance and Tauren in the Horde. And if anything, MoP's story was one of, if not the most "mature" and dark.

The only reason Wotlk is still ruling the charts is because of nostalgia, Arthas/LK and because the game was at its peak at this time. I'm not trying to say Wotlk was bad, just that MoP was better in most of the areas.

Makes you question how the people who made MoP were able to mess up so many things after that.

Yes.
    This is not something new.

People largely enjoyed that expansion.

Add nostalgia, and it's amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I play WoW because it was a video game with a dynamic and amazing social experience. When they added LFR and autoqueues that allowed you to play without talking to anyone, and destroyed the social experience, it got really bad. I didn't even play MoP because I knew what it was lacking upon release. MoP looked like a vastly shallow and inferior version of the vanilla / BC game.
    Random dungeons were introduced in Wotlk and LFR was introduced in Cata. What does MoP have to do with this?
    And if this "social aspect" is the only thing preventing you from playing, I take it you quit wow during Wotlk? Cause this is when the "social aspect" started dying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    Pandas didn't "fit" wow
    Oh I love this argument. Gnomes being a meme race from the begining, and Tauren being a "western american but turned into a talking cow" meme race fit the game perfectly, but pandaren somehow dont. And dont even get me started on Vulpera...

Half of current races dont fit wow for one reason or another.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Random dungeons were introduced in Wotlk and LFR was introduced in Cata. What does MoP have to do with this?
    And if this "social aspect" is the only thing preventing you from playing, I take it you quit wow during Wotlk? Cause this is when the "social aspect" started dying.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh I love this argument. Gnomes being a meme race from the begining, and Tauren being a "western american but turned into a talking cow" meme race fit the game perfectly, but pandaren somehow dont. And dont even get me started on Vulpera...

Half of current races dont fit wow for one reason or another.
    It was always a very fucking dumb argument that they made as to why pandas didn't fit but all the other meme races did.

And I still Sa it was Panda back lash the lead to endless... Fucking.... Orcs for years after.

Agree 100 percent with MoP being number 2. Maybe WoTLK 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Even as someone who loves Mists... did we really need a topic about a poll from another topic?
    Is all you do moan? Literally in my 1/2 years on this forum ive never seen a post where you arent complaining about something. Its so ironic to see your footer talking about whiners when its all you do.

On a side note, OP, I wasnt a fan of the pandas, and the legendary cloak questline, but aesthetically and all the rest, it was a pretty great expansion. Id definitely say it was my favorite thematically, But then the art team nail it like 99% of the time so.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    MoP is proof that Blizzard is capable of great things even if the premise sucks.
    The premise of the expansions which followed hasn't exactly been Pulitzer Prize-winning. Players, in general, take way too much stock in the lore of the game.

We slay internet dragons for imaginary loot, people. The raison d'être doesn't need to be penned by Tolkien himself then finely combed, fact checked and cross referenced by a team of 13-dozen interns for chronological consistency across every single work of fiction and quest chain in the Warcraft universe.

The best thing about MoP was filtering out all the "LOL PANDAS" dullards that missed out on a great expac.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Are these resisters actually contributing to our country and paying their taxes? Or are they freeloading?

MoP was a bottom 2 expansion for people who started in Classic or TBC. MoP made most of those people quit and never come back, so it completely skews this poll. Also, most people have terrible taste. Where is my proof? Nickleback being a popular band.

Personally, I enjoy BFA over MoP. The only expansion I liked less was WoD. TBC, Wrath, Classic and even Cata are lightyears better than MoP.

The only people who liked MoP are the people still playing now. Thing is, more people quit over MoP than are even subbed now... so... yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I had a blast in MoP even in lfr. I did it weekly on a few toons and had fun. I think it's mostly fun class design, but also the fact that MoP lfr was actually as challenging as normal is today. People wiped a lot and it was fun to me.

I think people got stuck on general nazgrim lfr more than anything.
    Don't remember how Lei Shen was in LFR on release? :P

You needed like 9 stacks to beat him. xD

While I hate MOP zones, it brought monk, which was been my main since. So that alone makes it the best expansion in my opinion. And I believe I was subbed almost every month, which is something I have never done before. The raids were just awesome.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

I live at a location, somewhere, ya know? :D
    Great seeing Legion at #3. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Iruru View Post
    Don't remember how Lei Shen was in LFR on release? :P

You needed like 9 stacks to beat him. xD
    Never forget release day LFR Durumu.

"Let's release an encounter that requires three entirely random players not to be complete fucking morons otherwise the raid wipes hilariously." -Blizzard

"Yeah so like, we hotfixed that entire mechanic out of the LFR." -Blizzard, less than 24 hours later
    Last edited by otaXephon; 2019-11-17 at 01:39 PM.

Scarab Lord Leotheras the Blind's Avatar
    Well yeah, it was good, but wrath/after babies are inflating wrath too much.
    You know, it's kinda funny. On this forum you can question and criticize celebrities, developers, even governments. But only two you will net you instant infractions; religion and the actions of moderators. Really puts into perspective the literal god complexes we're dealing with here.

Quote Originally Posted by JavelinJoe View Post
    Is all you do moan? Literally in my 1/2 years on this forum ive never seen a post where you arent complaining about something. Its so ironic to see your footer talking about whiners when its all you do.

On a side note, OP, I wasnt a fan of the pandas, and the legendary cloak questline, but aesthetically and all the rest, it was a pretty great expansion. Id definitely say it was my favorite thematically, But then the art team nail it like 99% of the time so.
    Yawn. 4/10, try harder next time.
    My greatest fear is that one day, my MMO-Champion ignore list will run out of space.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Yawn. 4/10, try harder next time.
    Lmao, I wont try again, I made my point thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    The premise of the expansions which followed hasn't exactly been Pulitzer Prize-winning. Players, in general, take way too much stock in the lore of the game.

We slay internet dragons for imaginary loot, people. The raison d'être doesn't need to be penned by Tolkien himself then finely combed, fact checked and cross referenced by a team of 13-dozen interns for chronological consistency across every single work of fiction and quest chain in the Warcraft universe.
    I was referring more to the fact that, when pandaren were announced, people were up in arms, armed with torches and pitchforks claiming it was a joke race. Turns out the expansion was very good anyway and I too enjoyed it a lot. Even have a pandaren myself but I don't really play it besides leveling it to cap every expansion.

Also them being capable doesn't mean they strike the mark at all times. For me BfA could have been so much more and I have been waiting for Kul Tiras since Warcraft 3. The reality is that I was so bored I had to stop

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist View Post
    MoP was a bottom 2 expansion for people who started in Classic or TBC.
    Really? So because I started in TBC I have to hate MoP, which was one of my favorites?
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeHongKong View Post
    Because we live in a place of freedom of speech
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeHongKong View Post
    Stop talking.

I only started playing WoW since Cata. Northrend is definitely the area I like most but with Cata, it was all so new to me I kinda will always give it a special place in mah heart