Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    I don't know, most of the ones I see, end up with
    WotLK #1
    MoP #2
    and ether BC or Legion as #3

can't remember the last time I noticed one that said otherwise.
    Sometimes it's the same poll in reverse. But really that thread may as well be called, "What is your least favorite expansion and why is it Warlords of Draenor?"

Quote Originally Posted by kattarina View Post
    I remember when it came out people called it the worse thing that happened to wow and couldnt wait for Draenor. Also, WotLK was the death of wow because of LFG and Rift and the star wars mmo (what was it called again?) was going to kill WoW.
    I wonder how people will see BfA in the future. Its not a very good expansion, but will it be ranked the worse?
    Literally noone stuck around in RIFT nor thought it killed WoW, Cata and MoP killed WoW. Which is why Mmo-champ as a whole is wrong that its the second best expansion. Wotlk > BC > Legion > Cata > MoP > BFA = Warlords (though if 8.3 is really any better than the rest of BFA it will surpass WoD.

Throne of Thunder was almost Black Temple / Ulduar level epic. Probably that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Biochem92 View Post
    Literally noone stuck around in RIFT nor thought it killed WoW, Cata and MoP killed WoW. Which is why Mmo-champ as a whole is wrong that its the second best expansion. Wotlk > BC > Legion > Cata > MoP > BFA = Warlords (though if 8.3 is really any better than the rest of BFA it will surpass WoD.
    Thanks for your expert analysis on a dead game that has recently set records for viewership on twitch.tv.*

*note: this is a bad metric to measure anything but claiming you know why WoW died and providing zero proof further than an opinion is also bad form

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Thanks for your expert analysis on a dead game that has recently set records for viewership on twitch.tv.*

*note: this is a bad metric to measure anything but claiming you know why WoW died and providing zero proof further than an opinion is also bad form
    What classic WoW? I appreciate you proving my argument?

What classic WoW? I appreciate you proving my argument?
    Or, you know, the fact that there wouldn't still be a fucking retail game (and by proxy, Classic) if all those "shitty" expansions didn't exist?

Hey, I've got an idea: Why don't you post the subscriber graph and point to a random ass feature so you can claim you've figured out the precise reason the game stopped being popular?

Quote Originally Posted by How dare you View Post
    Not surprising, it was very popular while it was current content. It had its problems but a lot of people back then called it the best expansion. Those results are not surprising.
    Popular while it was current? I remember people trashing it constantly when it was current, as much as any other bad expansion, it just somehow got retroactively popular later on. I never forgot how crappy it was and my opinion never changed, still arguably my least favorite expansion.

I simply cant be asked to read text that small, plz dont do that again its very distasteful. But a decline in player subs like we saw in WotLK is all the metric I needed. If you want to literally wait until there are zero logins thats fine. But during the days of WotLK everyone that seemingly played video games at least had a sub for WoW.

Also dont get mad at an opinion, ive been playing Wow since the launch of ZG and I am just entitled to an OP as much as anyone else. Your language is not something I would say is tasteful nor is using the small text i noted.

I simply cant be asked to read text that small, plz dont do that again its very distasteful. But a decline in player subs like we saw in WotLK is all the metric I needed. If you want to literally wait until there are zero logins thats fine. But during the days of WotLK everyone that seemingly played video games at least had a sub for WoW.
    Rofl I like how you quoted the same post twice then proceded to do exactly what I sarcastically suggested in my last post.

I can't make this shit up.

Rofl I like how you quoted the same post twice then proceded to do exactly what I sarcastically suggested in my last post.

I can't make this shit up.
    Im obviously new here dont get ahead of yourself as a quick google search shows exactly that my premise is spot on, simply googling WoW Subs graph. Just because you know the argument doesnt mean you cant fall to. Get ur head out of your behind child.

Im obviously new here dont get ahead of yourself as a quick google search shows exactly that my premise is spot on, simply googling WoW Subs graph. Just because you know the argument doesnt mean you cant fall to. Get ur head out of your behind child.
    pretend that the objectively best expansion ever exists and is released by blizzard. then also pretend that the internet is destroyed and wow is impossible to play. the internet being destroyed would 100% guaranteed make it so blizzard lost 100% of their subs, as no one could play wow anymore.

would this make the objectively best expansion that ever existed the worst expansion?

Legion is the second best.

Wrath>Legion>TBC>=Cata>MoP>Wod=BFA

Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    pretend that the objectively best expansion ever exists and is released by blizzard. then also pretend that the internet is destroyed and wow is impossible to play. the internet being destroyed would 100% guaranteed make it so blizzard lost 100% of their subs, as no one could play wow anymore.

would this make the objectively best expansion that ever existed the worst expansion?
    I do appreciate hypothetical's as much as the next guy but im pretty sure that would mean nothing for the sake of the argument so im sorry ive no need to partake. More or less though if you had to hear my opinion yes, cause whos playing at all to say its the best expansion. If we did get to play the expansion at well any point, be it 5 mins or 15 months, then we would simply call that period the length of the expansion and remove the time afterwards in which we couldnt play thereby removing the hypothetical scenario entirely.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    ToT, pvp vendors, challenge mode, rares & treasures, pre ability prune

ofc MoP was a success

MoP was the 1st and only expansion I completely skipped and un-subbed for though I did ultimately have to play through parts of it when Legion was released. Didn't see anything during that process that made me regret my original decision. Had absolutely no interest in Pandas.

As to when Shadowlands is released I concur with others saying the content drought may surpass prior expansions. With everything they are planning on doing and it's current state of development it would be a miracle if they got it out the door before 2020 Blizzcon. And, trust me on this, if it comes out before that it will be a half-baked at best (not that I care as I don't intend to buy it but just trying to set proper expectations).

Ah yes. Perfectly reasonably logic. Let's go ahead and take something as incomprehensibly complex as subscription levels, toss out the fact that gaming trends are much different in 2019 than they were in 2009, ignore the fact that new player generation is a thing and just settle on the incredibly brilliant approximation that because WoW somehow wasn't able to stay at 12 million consistent subscribers for 50 consecutive years, it MUST have been because the game sucked.

Come on now. You need to actually post the graph for your argument to hold any value!

Ah yes. Perfectly reasonably logic. Let's go ahead and take something as incomprehensibly complex as subscription levels, toss out the fact that gaming trends are much different in 2019 than they were in 2009, ignore the fact that new player generation is a thing and just settle on the incredibly brilliant approximation that because WoW somehow wasn't able to stay at 12 million consistent subscribers for 50 consecutive years, it MUST have been because the game sucked.

Come on now. You need to actually post the graph for your argument to hold any value!
    literally google it im not sure i can post pictures here https://www.google.com/search?q=WoW+subs+graph&sxsrf=ACYBGNT-mZ7hRdMJt79qzIm_hpdV1W7Z_Q:1573795329517&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=lYDwRpNucrqFEM%253A %252CTFqrDUdtKdGI6M%252C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kRb5f4CHE2Uhg62LtmCC12ZNiNiqQ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiZlsK8vOvlAhVEwVkKHeFlCN0Q9QEwAnoECAcQFg#img rc=ezXp39iuM4J4xM:&vet=1

Once again im new to posting here, though this to me at least is more than common knowledge as ive seen it talked about extensively how Blizz stop posting sub numbers in WoD.

Oh my sweet summer child. I'm sorry. You really are new around here. I'll give you a hint: I'm still being sarcastic. The graph is pointless.
    Cool then im debating someone who wont take evidence, thanks for the victory

Well that means MMO Champion has really poor taste