Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    MoP is proof that Blizzard is capable of great things even if the premise sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Yet it seems you are the one who can't take that people like different things. What's wrong with disagreeing? That's an honest opinion. Then you gracefully told him to fuck off because he had an opinion you didn't like
    I dont care what you like or what you don't no one does.
    Its ur own personal preference and that is it.
    Dense cretin

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    I dont care what you like or what you don't no one does.
    Its ur own personal preference and that is it.
    Yeah, that was the point.

It's almost like more people played during/after Wrath than they did Vanilla/BC, and thus cannot have an opinion on something they simply didn't play.

I'm not entirely sure I think MoP was better than Legion. I kind of am curious why so much love for it, though the only real complaint I recall from MoP were the content drought last patch and the massive amount of dailies. For me anyway, that's all I recall about disliking it. I can't say a lot of bad about it. Raids were great. The Challenge mode dungeons were great. I can say a lot of bad about Legion, as good as it was, and nothing good to say about Cata/WoD.
    Last edited by La; 2019-11-16 at 11:06 PM.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Well MoP had only one aspect that received a lot of criticism and that was its setting. Everything else was overall well received.
    Really? The quest hubs, the daily 1.5 hour grind per char? The pre-raid gear from reputation gated reputation vendors took longer as getting the raid gear, so people were forced into PVP and raiding in dungeon gear. The shitshow went for a while till changes were made.
    The one-shot mechanics with nearly every rare mob was not really praised and the reputation and blood farming on the isle was a bit to much for the casual playerbase.

The LEGION/BFA AP farm threads and WF/TF discussions are nothing compared to the amount of hate for the MoP questhubs, gearing diseaster and challenging content (rares, CM's, casual endgame-isle)
    -

I play WoW because it was a video game with a dynamic and amazing social experience. When they added LFR and autoqueues that allowed you to play without talking to anyone, and destroyed the social experience, it got really bad. I didn't even play MoP because I knew what it was lacking upon release. MoP looked like a vastly shallow and inferior version of the vanilla / BC game.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    MoP looked like a vastly shallow and inferior version of the vanilla / BC game.
    You missed out the first challenge modes, pretty balanced pvp (pvp vendors, rating reqs, pvp stats) and cool raid tiers. Your loss and you cant even replay it since every cool bit turned to legacy after the expansion was over.

Just small things like Vengeance Tanking and the creative ways to do challenge modes with different setups were a lot of fun.

Not sure how you can talk about things beeing inferior to vanilla/TBC when they introduced so many cool features.
    Last edited by Ange; 2019-11-16 at 11:22 PM.
    -

I play WoW because it was a video game with a dynamic and amazing social experience. When they added LFR and autoqueues that allowed you to play without talking to anyone, and destroyed the social experience, it got really bad. I didn't even play MoP because I knew what it was lacking upon release. MoP looked like a vastly shallow and inferior version of the vanilla / BC game.
    You missed out on an awesome expansion I'm sorry to tell you.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    MoP was an excellent expansion only really soured by that super long last tier. All in all though, I think that Legion is number one. MoP is second for sure.

the poll is already outdated. BFA needs to be added cause I'd love to find out what's worse BFA or WOD. Empirically speaking WOD is probably worst, but when you add in subjectivity BFA will give WOD a run for last place.

I am going to start thinking differently from now on. - We've always had things to complain about, nostalgia is a scary drug.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post
    the poll is already outdated. BFA needs to be added cause I'd love to find out what's worse BFA or WOD. Empirically speaking WOD is probably worst, but when you add in subjectivity BFA will give WOD a run for last place.
    BfA is not really that bad, I'd say it's some middling expansion really. Cata and WoD are worse. IMO 8.2 did wonders for BfA and 8.3 is looking to be pretty great too.

It's no wonder, MoP is easily the #1 xpack for me. Not because of Pandaren, but because of the story, the Zones; except jade forest, every single one is gorgeous, the Storylines that OVERLAP THE FRICKING ZONES, something we never had after, Krazarang felt like an ancient jungle, and without flying it was probably the coolest zone blizzard visually ever created, introducing SLOWLY the mogu, Valley of the Four Winds was also a very likeable location; it felt that it really was a place where people are living compared to most other zones. Jade Forest was a bit bad, but that's because blizzard changed the whole zone; i played in the beta the whole zone and i still think that it was better before, even through i love pel'zin as a place, but the storyline made more sense before.

Just that there was no capital was a bit of a downer; a real capital would have made wonder to MoP after all: a whole pandaren city. But beside of this there was nothing bad about MoP; 5.1 was a very liked patch, and 5.2 is still the best patch blizzard ever created; Isle of Thunder is still probably the best zone ever. Why didn't we get something similar like it... *sigh*

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    BfA is not really that bad, I'd say it's some middling expansion really. Cata and WoD are worse. IMO 8.2 did wonders for BfA and 8.3 is looking to be pretty great too.
    Does not change anything as long as classes are in this horrible state. BfA was very bad, especially as an Alliance. We had 3 leveling zones, 2 of them are TOTAL CRAP, the third one is below decent, but not utterly crap as the other 2. 8.2 was an improvement, and 8.3... let's wait and see. Still blizzard changed crap about the class design yet, and these are the most important ones.

So yes, BfA is easily the worst because of it: WoD was bad too, but leveling was very very good, and Class Design was not as broken as it is now.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exhuman View Post
    The problem with MoP was the content drought at the end.
    In fairness that's not a problem with MoP it's a problem with WoD.

Hmm, let's see. MoP introduced:

- some of the most beautiful zones, even up to now
    - some of the greatest music
    - some of the best looking tier sets
    - Isle of Thunder is arguably the best end game content of any patch
    - challenging 5 man content
    - it improved on a shitshow that was 4.3 LFR
    - made raiding a lot easier with difficulty revamp and adding flex
    - (most important for me) they made an expansion purely from scrap, with no current lore to use. Only thing we had up to then was Chen, Pandaren as a race, Brewmaster as a class and Pandaria as some land. We didnt know anything about them. This is also a bit shocking, since Blizz is known to ravage their existing role, but somehow they were able to make this masterpiece of a story out of nothing, having only their imagination as a resource

And I never understood the complaints of "omg pandas are so childish", dude you were already playing a game having gnomes in the Alliance and Tauren in the Horde. And if anything, MoP's story was one of, if not the most "mature" and dark.

The only reason Wotlk is still ruling the charts is because of nostalgia, Arthas/LK and because the game was at its peak at this time. I'm not trying to say Wotlk was bad, just that MoP was better in most of the areas.

Makes you question how the people who made MoP were able to mess up so many things after that.

5+ Year Old Account
    Yes.
    This is not something new.

People largely enjoyed that expansion.

Add nostalgia, and it's amazing.

Random dungeons were introduced in Wotlk and LFR was introduced in Cata. What does MoP have to do with this?
    And if this "social aspect" is the only thing preventing you from playing, I take it you quit wow during Wotlk? Cause this is when the "social aspect" started dying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    Pandas didn't "fit" wow
    Oh I love this argument. Gnomes being a meme race from the begining, and Tauren being a "western american but turned into a talking cow" meme race fit the game perfectly, but pandaren somehow dont. And dont even get me started on Vulpera...

Half of current races dont fit wow for one reason or another.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Random dungeons were introduced in Wotlk and LFR was introduced in Cata. What does MoP have to do with this?
    And if this "social aspect" is the only thing preventing you from playing, I take it you quit wow during Wotlk? Cause this is when the "social aspect" started dying.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh I love this argument. Gnomes being a meme race from the begining, and Tauren being a "western american but turned into a talking cow" meme race fit the game perfectly, but pandaren somehow dont. And dont even get me started on Vulpera...

Half of current races dont fit wow for one reason or another.
    It was always a very fucking dumb argument that they made as to why pandas didn't fit but all the other meme races did.

And I still Sa it was Panda back lash the lead to endless... Fucking.... Orcs for years after.

Agree 100 percent with MoP being number 2. Maybe WoTLK 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    MoP is proof that Blizzard is capable of great things even if the premise sucks.
    The premise of the expansions which followed hasn't exactly been Pulitzer Prize-winning. Players, in general, take way too much stock in the lore of the game.

We slay internet dragons for imaginary loot, people. The raison d'être doesn't need to be penned by Tolkien himself then finely combed, fact checked and cross referenced by a team of 13-dozen interns for chronological consistency across every single work of fiction and quest chain in the Warcraft universe.