Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans PickleballAce's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The best thing about MoP was filtering out all the "LOL PANDAS" dullards that missed out on a great expac.

10+ Year Old Account
    MoP was a bottom 2 expansion for people who started in Classic or TBC. MoP made most of those people quit and never come back, so it completely skews this poll. Also, most people have terrible taste. Where is my proof? Nickleback being a popular band.

Personally, I enjoy BFA over MoP. The only expansion I liked less was WoD. TBC, Wrath, Classic and even Cata are lightyears better than MoP.

The only people who liked MoP are the people still playing now. Thing is, more people quit over MoP than are even subbed now... so... yeah...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I had a blast in MoP even in lfr. I did it weekly on a few toons and had fun. I think it's mostly fun class design, but also the fact that MoP lfr was actually as challenging as normal is today. People wiped a lot and it was fun to me.

I think people got stuck on general nazgrim lfr more than anything.
    Don't remember how Lei Shen was in LFR on release? :P

You needed like 9 stacks to beat him. xD

15+ Year Old Account
    While I hate MOP zones, it brought monk, which was been my main since. So that alone makes it the best expansion in my opinion. And I believe I was subbed almost every month, which is something I have never done before. The raids were just awesome.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Great seeing Legion at #3. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Iruru View Post
    Don't remember how Lei Shen was in LFR on release? :P

You needed like 9 stacks to beat him. xD
    Never forget release day LFR Durumu.

"Let's release an encounter that requires three entirely random players not to be complete fucking morons otherwise the raid wipes hilariously." -Blizzard

"Yeah so like, we hotfixed that entire mechanic out of the LFR." -Blizzard, less than 24 hours later
    Last edited by Relapses; 2019-11-17 at 01:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JavelinJoe View Post
    Is all you do moan? Literally in my 1/2 years on this forum ive never seen a post where you arent complaining about something. Its so ironic to see your footer talking about whiners when its all you do.

On a side note, OP, I wasnt a fan of the pandas, and the legendary cloak questline, but aesthetically and all the rest, it was a pretty great expansion. Id definitely say it was my favorite thematically, But then the art team nail it like 99% of the time so.
    Yawn. 4/10, try harder next time.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    The premise of the expansions which followed hasn't exactly been Pulitzer Prize-winning. Players, in general, take way too much stock in the lore of the game.

We slay internet dragons for imaginary loot, people. The raison d'être doesn't need to be penned by Tolkien himself then finely combed, fact checked and cross referenced by a team of 13-dozen interns for chronological consistency across every single work of fiction and quest chain in the Warcraft universe.
    I was referring more to the fact that, when pandaren were announced, people were up in arms, armed with torches and pitchforks claiming it was a joke race. Turns out the expansion was very good anyway and I too enjoyed it a lot. Even have a pandaren myself but I don't really play it besides leveling it to cap every expansion.

Also them being capable doesn't mean they strike the mark at all times. For me BfA could have been so much more and I have been waiting for Kul Tiras since Warcraft 3. The reality is that I was so bored I had to stop

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist View Post
    MoP was a bottom 2 expansion for people who started in Classic or TBC.
    Really? So because I started in TBC I have to hate MoP, which was one of my favorites?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

I only started playing WoW since Cata. Northrend is definitely the area I like most but with Cata, it was all so new to me I kinda will always give it a special place in mah heart

Tier 1: Wotlk, TBC
    Tier 2: Legion
    Tier 3: MoP
    Tier 4: Cata
    Tier 5: WoD, BfA

Quote Originally Posted by Exhuman View Post
    The problem with MoP was the content drought at the end.

That Siege of Orgrimmar for 14 months was a nightmare.
    That's not the only problem MOP had.. the dailies at launch were the cause of several burn outs.

Also, let's be real, Timeless Isle was probably the smallest content patch they have delivered next to the selfie patch.. that place was small with a ridiculous catch up mechanic that required no work at all.

But, but.. MOP had decent raids and it was the peak of class design. THAT's why people rank it so high. They enjoyed playing their character back then.

Generally WoW just more boring as it got more dated. Legion was a good expansion, but it's still the expansion of a very old game that's just not as enjoyable to play anymore. Vanilla, TBC and Wotlk was WoW's peak, with strong communities, a more "MMO" feel, and a more "Warcraft" feel.

Tier 1: Wotlk, TBC
    Tier 2: Legion
    Tier 3: MoP
    Tier 4: Cata, WoD, BfA

Wrath/Legion > MoP/BfA > Cata/WoD/TBC. The end.

Quote Originally Posted by Seuchentiffy View Post
    I would really like to know what a "x personality" is for you. Seeing your Post count your also in it, only because people like different things then you do doesnt mean theyre "weirdos". Maybe you are the weirdo for being so close minded about what other people Like or for being a Fan of an Franchise that is around for 25 Years with its Lore for example and being passionate about (ok some are over the Top ill give you that Point).
    Going online to waste their time posting on forums is something that many people would never do. That's what I meant by different personalities. When Blizzard listen to the feedbacks, they aint listening to their player base, they are listening to these people have that type of personality.
    I think the most popular shared thing online are cat pictures... I don't think the majority of people would like to have cat pictures hanged in every room of their office. This is kind of what blizzard did.

3+ Year Old Account
    I agree wholeheartedly with that list. Wrath is the peak, MoP was a fantastic time too, though.

We can confirm that Arthas and Pandas are the best of WoW. So far

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Even as someone who loves Mists... did we really need a topic about a poll from another topic?
    Yea mop just needed mythic+, new dungeons, and some of the pvp mechanics in wotlk. Than it would be number one for me at least. Vanish was an iframe in wotlk.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Interesting how the numbers from Wotlk and onwards keeps jumping from high to low.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ViolenceJackRespectsWomen View Post
    Yea mop just needed mythic+, new dungeons, and some of the pvp mechanics in wotlk. Than it would be number one for me at least. Vanish was an iframe in wotlk.
    To be fair - Mists had what was basically the catalyst for Mythic dungeons, Challenge mode.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.