Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by greeeed View Post
    I won't call it blind since everything he say happened.

Most of shit we have won't happened If he killed them right there and then if not for Jaina.
    Most of that shit also wouldn't have happened had he listened to Jaina, instead allowing stronger ties of peace to be forged. You don't get credit for predicting something if your actions contribute to it coming to pass.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Most of that shit also wouldn't have happened had he listened to Jaina, instead allowing stronger ties of peace to be forged. You don't get credit for predicting something if your actions contribute to it coming to pass.
    If Jaina sacrificing her own father didn't contribute to stronger tie of peace, nothing else will.

10+ Year Old Account
    I won't call it blind since everything he say happened.
    Most of shit we have won't happened If he killed them right there and then if not for Jaina.
    Hindsight is 20/20.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

5+ Year Old Account
    I think Varian's soul is gone.

If Jaina sacrificing her own father didn't contribute to stronger tie of peace, nothing else will.
    Yeah, that's not how trust works. Standing aside while the Horde killed Daelen may have temporarily ended hostilities, but he had already broken whatever trust may have been building between the two by attacking the Horde in the first place. And his men weren't exactly lining up to make peace either.

I must be missing something. A lot of people are saying that individuals such as Varian and Gul'dan, who's bodies were destroyed using fel magic, no longer exist in ANY realm in ANY capacity. Is there established canon lore that confirms this? I know the sacrificial magics of Fel, Necromancy, and Void consume souls to fuel their power, but does it say that the consumed soul ceases to exist 100% after it's used as fuel?
    "Pulsars are the bulimic cosmic anomalies..."

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    My predictions are as follows for a handful of recognisable names:

Not in the Shadowlands
    Kel'thuzad - Unlikely. Upon his defeat in WotLK, his Phylactery was never found, unlike when we defeated him at lvl 60.
    Actually, Chronicles mentions that he's trapped in the Shadowlands and can't get out. He's likely in the Maw or roaming around somewhere else like Maldraxxus.

Rastakhan is a loa. He's not in the Shadowlands.

Varian should be there, but maybe he's not. We never saw Gul'dan actually killing him and Varian was wearing full body armor. I don't think Varian is dead tbh.

Saurfang... served his purpose. No need for him to return in Shadowlands.

Vol'jin is also a loa.

So yeah. I'm afraid we're not going to meet those guys in Shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimad View Post
    Eh.. you seem to have forgotten something. Blizzard said that the machine of death broke when sylvanas tried to kill herself after the events in icecrown during wrath of the lich king. Now i dont read the books i admit that so any of the lore buffs could point to that timeframe. But this basically means that everyone has been going to the maw since at least the cataclysm expansion. So many of the charaters you point out are probally actually in the maw like tirion etc since they died after those events. Id say any that died in warcraft 3 where sorted correctly but any after the end of wrath where not.
    Sylvanas met with The Jailer when she kill herself. Death being broken since Legion for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Camelboy View Post
    Rastakhan is a loa. He's not in the Shadowlands.

Varian should be there, but maybe he's not. We never saw Gul'dan actually killing him and Varian was wearing full body armor. I don't think Varian is dead tbh.

Saurfang... served his purpose. No need for him to return in Shadowlands.

Vol'jin is also a loa.

So yeah. I'm afraid we're not going to meet those guys in Shadowlands.
    Rastakhan and Vol’jin are not loa. Rasta made a deal with Bwonsamdi, a loa of death, and Vol’jin is out being stealthy as a spirit since Bwonsamdi hasn’t gotten his hands on him. I’m guessing Bwonsamdi’s “boss” he mentions is going to be the Jailer as well.
    Varian is definitely dead. He was basically vaporized by Guldan’s fel magic. Now, it is Blizzard which means they could bring him back any number of ways, but as of right now he is definitely dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Bastion
    Rhonin - Sacrificed himself so others may live, and dedicated to the pursuits of knowledge and bringing peace to Azeroth.
    Oh god, please no. The only thing worse than him making a reappearance in Warcraft is Medan appearing ingame.

Quote Originally Posted by mic_128 View Post
    oh god, please no. The only thing worse than him making a reappearance in warcraft is medan appearing ingame.
    Citizens of Oribus, raise your eyes to the skies and observe!

Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    Several WC3 popular names have been mentioned to be returners but I believe the names I have mentioned in the title would definitely be part of 9.0 storyline.

What do you guys think?
    Hmm..i don't think the shadowlands will be it's own world. Area yea but not a world.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Varian got sucked into the Nexus, everybody knows that. :P

15+ Year Old Account
    i havent been paying much attention to retail so this might be a stupid question. So like everyone that has died in the last 10yrs has gone to the maw? Are they being tortured in the maw? are they just wondering around aimlessly? Whats going on with them?

As long as Garrosh, Grom, Ner'zhul and Sen'jin are in the Shadowlands i am happy.

Maw is where characters go if they were really bad guys when they were alive, okey we can put Arthas into this even tho I love him so much. But I don't understand why people says Varian and Saurfang will be in Maw? They were the most honored warriors of Azeroth and did nothing wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Biotec View Post
    Actually, Chronicles mentions that he's trapped in the Shadowlands and can't get out. He's likely in the Maw or roaming around somewhere else like Maldraxxus.
    They say it's a rumor, but if they bother to mention something like that, I'm inclined to assume it's true.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Rastakhan and Vol’jin are not loa. Rasta made a deal with Bwonsamdi, a loa of death, and Vol’jin is out being stealthy as a spirit since Bwonsamdi hasn’t gotten his hands on him. I’m guessing Bwonsamdi’s “boss” he mentions is going to be the Jailer as well.
    Varian is definitely dead. He was basically vaporized by Guldan’s fel magic. Now, it is Blizzard which means they could bring him back any number of ways, but as of right now he is definitely dead.
    So Anduin can converse with him in the Shadowlands! That would be a pretty crazy emotional moment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    As long as Garrosh, Grom, Ner'zhul and Sen'jin are in the Shadowlands i am happy.
    Methinks Ner'zhul is working with the spirit of Yogg-Saron. @____@
    "Pulsars are the bulimic cosmic anomalies..."

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    We will see Saurfang's son and try to help him free Saurfang from the Maw, thus ending his storyline for good. Unless he gets brought back :^^^)
    I hope we cant find him and just give uo on him. Hes a loser anyway.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    The same way that Arthas was using abilities from the Shadowlands but he absorbed their essence into Frostmorne and it didn't even end up in the Shadowlands. It isn't weird logic at all.
    It's a pocket dimension in itself "on Azeroth" similar to how Mardum became one in the GDB where dead demon souls should directly go to the Twisting nether, they end up there instead.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2020-05-20 at 05:02 PM.