Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimmjowz View Post
    Maw is where characters go if they were really bad guys when they were alive, okey we can put Arthas into this even tho I love him so much. But I don't understand why people says Varian and Saurfang will be in Maw? They were the most honored warriors of Azeroth and did nothing wrong.
    Because at some point in the recent past, Sylvanas made a deal with the Jailer, and from that point, all souls were being funneled into the Maw; this has "broken" the cycle of death, because what is supposed to happen is when you die, the Arbiter places you where your soul needs to be, amongst presumably others, the 5 zones we will see in SL. I imagine we'll find out why we are the lucky ones to go and fix this mess in the pre-patch

As I was typing this, I realized that the main folks who wrote this storyline are fans of the TV show "The Good Place".
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

3+ Year Old Account
    Well, it looks like Vol'jin is confirmed but where the hell is Rastakhan? Is he stuck cleaning things in Bwonsamdi's 'home' because he said he'd serve him in life and in death?
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Well, it looks like Vol'jin is confirmed but where the hell is Rastakhan? Is he stuck cleaning things in Bwonsamdi's 'home' because he said he'd serve him in life and in death?
    I hope he's not imprisoned like the rest of the Troll leaders of the different tribes. They're all Dead much like the Iron horde and probably having an afterlife celebration.

Zul'jin, Jazrakazet, Rastakhan, Sen'jin, Vol'jin. Cairne,etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Not in the Shadowlands
    Kel'thuzad - Unlikely. Upon his defeat in WotLK, his Phylactery was never found, unlike when we defeated him at lvl 60.
    He is a necromancer so he can go to Shadowlands back and forth by portals. Kind of like Alleria travels through the void.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Camelboy View Post
    Rastakhan is a loa. He's not in the Shadowlands.

Varian should be there, but maybe he's not. We never saw Gul'dan actually killing him and Varian was wearing full body armor. I don't think Varian is dead tbh.

Saurfang... served his purpose. No need for him to return in Shadowlands.

Vol'jin is also a loa.

So yeah. I'm afraid we're not going to meet those guys in Shadowlands.
    ......... what are you talking about? Saurfang will be in the Maw, we might see him. Rastakhan and Vol'jin aren't loa, not at all.

as for Varian.... you watch this and tell me he is still alive....

Voljin has a questline about becoming a loa.
    Rastakhan was bagged and tagged by bwonsamdi and and might at best get a Terenas-like cameo if someone important dies or needs a teary eyed moment.
    Varian was disenchanted, as in completely obliterated. I think it was mentioned somewhere that nothing, absolutely nothing, of him remained, even the bit of goldrin that was with varian was rather disturbed by that if memory serves right.
    Saurfang got mega-death zapped with magic that was never before seen. I have to wonder if he even made it into the shadowlands, it kinda seemed like her magic was the ultimate insult to saurfang, so I expect him to be gone for good as well.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

The fact the Manastorms are in the other side dunegon but Zul'jun, Rastakhan or Sen'jim dont seem to have gotten a mention is irritating.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    ......... what are you talking about? Saurfang will be in the Maw, we might see him. Rastakhan and Vol'jin aren't loa, not at all.

as for Varian.... you watch this and tell me he is still alive....

Vol'jin will probably become a loa tbh

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    The fact the Manastorms are in the other side dunegon but Zul'jun, Rastakhan or Sen'jim dont seem to have gotten a mention is irritating.

- - - Updated - - -

Most of the Warcraft I and II lore characters are mostly Dead apart from Alleria, Turalyon. The Horde characters are mostly Dead orcs and troll.

I might make an extensive list on most Major lore character and let's see where they might fit into the story.

I'd really like to see Khadgar pop up in the Shadowlands and him not know anything about WoD or Legion. "Nah bra, I been dead a good while. I have no idea who's wearing my face."

Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    Most of the Warcraft I and II lore characters are mostly Dead apart from Alleria, Turalyon. The Horde characters are mostly Dead orcs and troll.

I might make an extensive list on most Major lore character and let's see where they might fit into the story.
    Its more that within the Troll afterlife, two gnomes are getting a spot over actual trolls

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimmjowz View Post
    Maw is where characters go if they were really bad guys when they were alive, okey we can put Arthas into this even tho I love him so much. But I don't understand why people says Varian and Saurfang will be in Maw? They were the most honored warriors of Azeroth and did nothing wrong.
    The whole story with Shadowlands is that Sylvanas and the Jailer have been screwing things up for years and if you die you go to the Maw anyway.
    Me not that kind of Orc!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rend Blackhand View Post
    The whole story with Shadowlands is that Sylvanas and the Jailer have been screwing things up for years and if you die you go to the Maw anyway.
    More like WoW's Walking Dead Series.

3+ Year Old Account
    Yeah wtf is with that? It's like.... they made De Other Side at the last minute because Bwonsamdi was well-liked.
    There's a Broker in it too for some reason. Really strange. Hakkar and Mueh'zala are the only bosses in it that actually make sense to me at least. Maybe they'll make
    De Other Side an explorable zone in the future, along with Helheim and Thros?

He is. There's datamined broadcasts that confirm it

Its more that within the Troll afterlife, two gnomes are getting a spot over actual trolls
    They might add them as npcs we just see wandering around
    Last edited by LemonDemonGirl; 2020-05-21 at 08:24 PM.

Yeah wtf is with that? It's like.... they made De Other Side at the last minute because Bwonsamdi was well-liked.
    There's a Broker in it too for some reason. Really strange. Hakkar and Mueh'zala are the only bosses in it that actually make sense to me at least. Maybe they'll make

I know its confirmed but i was trying to be coy since its a spoiler!

I mean i can sort of get a Broker to tie it into the larger Shadowlands but still a Council of dead troll chiefs would have been awesome.

Its a shame that Other Side wasn't a actual zone, but i go get after Zandalar troll fatigue would be a thing. I do remain hopeful for a patch Zone. If helhiem doesn't make an appearance ill eat my hat.
    Last edited by Newname1234567890; 2020-05-21 at 10:06 PM.

3+ Year Old Account
    I know its confirmed but i was trying to be coy since its a spoiler!
    Oh .... Ok I edited it so it's a Spoiler now. Sorry lol

I mean i can sort of get a Broker to tie it into the larger Shadowlands but still a Council of dead troll chiefs would have been awesome.
    I could see dead troll chiefs being a boss but why would they be bosses though? Maybe they fight too much and Bwonsamdi wants you to deal with them because they're stressing him out?

Its a shame that Other Side wasn't a actual zone, but i go get after Zandalar troll fatigue would be a thing. I do remain hopeful for a patch Zone. If helhiem doesn't make an appearance ill eat my hat.
    Well, we had a Druidic zone in Legion and now we're getting one in SL, so they could do it if they'd really want to I guess

Oh .... Ok I edited it so it's a Spoiler now. Sorry lol

I could see dead troll chiefs being a boss but why would they be bosses though? Maybe they fight too much and Bwonsamdi wants you to deal with them because they're stressing him out?

Well, we had a Druidic zone in Legion and now we're getting one in SL, so they could do it if they'd really want to I guess
    I mean i wouldn't be surprised if Zul'jun, Jin'do and Malakk all joined with Jailer.

I mean two similar zones an expasion a part vs say three troll zones and another in the following expasion. I certainly hope they add it, It'll he so fucking cool

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

He is. There's datamined broadcasts that confirm it

The Manastorms have discovered how to weaponize anima similar to how the gnomes and goblins discovered Azerite in Silithus. They were long dead so probably the time we encounted them would not be the first time they've been to Da Oder Side. This is also true for the Broker boss, he seem to be in search of something or scavenging a particular thing in the said dungeon.

7+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if they'll explain what are 2 fucking gnomes doing in the troll afterlife
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.