Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Where are you all Garrosh 2.0 nay-sayers?

What is your excuse now?Hhhm??

Definitely not following the same path, but if you’re not seeing that I can’t make you see that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zentail View Post
    Definitely not following the same path, but if you’re not seeing that I can’t make you see that.
    Garrosh:
    1) Assumes the mantle of Warchief and declares war on the Alliance. Toppled by Alliance + internal Revolt.
    2) Escapes and ushers in the next expac to another world.

Sylvanas:
    1) Assumes the mantle of Warchief and declares war on the Alliance. Toppled by Alliance + internal Revolt.
    2) Escapes/Flees and ushers in the next expac that takes us to a new world.

Yes yes yes, they are different characters with different motivations but the arc is following the same broad strokes. It's just laughable that they insisted Sylvanas would be totally different than Garrosh when they are remarkably similar. I just can't wait for them to off her like they did Garrosh, this is getting trite like it was back then. They manage to somehow turn beloved characters into frustrating ones, and their own fanbase that once loved these characters can't wait for them to move on. It's astonishing how good they are at that.

Sylvanas wasnt toppled by Alliance or internal revolt, she just saif fk off i have better things to do anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Zentail View Post
    I don't think she'll die during the levelling questing experience, but so far we got:

1) Destroys an Alliance city (Theramore vs Teldrassil)

2) The Horde goes along until some of the other leaders remember they have honor

3) The do some sort of dark pact with a dark magical force

4) The Alliance and Horde band together to defeat them

5) They escape and then lead us to another dimension/plane/timeline where the next expansion will take place

Quote Originally Posted by EnacheV View Post
    Sylvanas wasnt toppled by Alliance or internal revolt, she just saif fk off i have better things to do anyway
    She was going to be. They just skipped Siege of Orgrimmar because it would actually be shameless to repeat it twice. The entire alliance force + Saurfang's faction was outside of Orgrimmar ready to overwhelm the city but blablabla lotta horde casualties blabla Mok"gorra cheating trope for the 50th time in the WoW universe, fast forward button.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakylukia View Post
    What is your excuse now?Hhhm??
    You realize that Garrosh did the same thing with the WoD cinematic and he ended up dying in the questing zone like a bitch. If anything she's following the same trend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just goes to show bad the writers have gotten.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

10+ Year Old Account
    We still don't know if she is evil yet...We have NO idea what her goals are. Sure, it appears we are against whatever she is doing here, but that is just because we are in the dark. Remember BC? Where we fought Illidan?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by EnacheV View Post
    Which happened because of both the Alliance AND internal revolt....

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Still didn’t see her end game yet,
    Still plenty of time for her to pull an illidan or a Kerrigan

shadowland=outland(draenor)

sylvanas=garrosh

bfa=mop

sl=wod

I'm more laughing at the dumbasses who kept saying "oh Sylvanas trying to strip a forsaken of his free will totally isn't her being the Lich King."

WHAT
    NOW
    BITCHES?

I'd name names but you know who you are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

7+ Year Old Account
    My Friend, Sylvannas is not Garrosh 2.0 she is Worst than Garrosh, he is a amateur compared to Sylvannas , words from the blizzard itself.

Yeah it's been too similar for my tastes. Though there's still room for them to mess it up more and instead of giving her a cathartic death they Kerrignan her or reveal she was the real good guy all along and her plan was just super secret and convoluted.

15+ Year Old Account
    how is sylvanas all of a sudden the most powerful being on azeroth, she has like no limitations, just does anything she wants, isnt afraid of anyone, beats everyone she goes up against...

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    how is sylvanas all of a sudden the most powerful being on azeroth, she has like no limitations, just does anything she wants, isnt afraid of anyone, beats everyone she goes up against...
    stay tuned in the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Bright-Flower View Post
    Yeah it's been too similar for my tastes. Though there's still room for them to mess it up more and instead of giving her a cathartic death they Kerrignan her or reveal she was the real good guy all along and her plan was just super secret and convoluted.
    I think her flawless "plan" is that, with the Shadowlands just open for anyone, no one can ever die! We're all saved from death!

In reality it just means Zombie Deathwing is going to come rip our planet a new Maelstrom as well as every other baddie we've beaten over the years.

She's unleashed so much worse than just the Scourge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    stay tuned in the expansion.
    i havent played retail since classic launched, i guess ill just wait for the answer on mmo champ

Quote Originally Posted by UnluckyAmateur View Post
    You realize that Garrosh did the same thing with the WoD cinematic and he ended up dying in the questing zone like a bitch. If anything she's following the same trend.
    I realize that Garrosh was a tyrant, that even The Horde wanted down. I can't say that everyone is so eager on the Horde side to do with Sylvannas.

What Garrosh did in WoD cinematic was changing the fate of his father that was bound to happen as it did already happen back in Warcraft III. He changed the fate so that he could build the TRUE Horde as only he knew how. His father had an army he needed but we prevented that from happening as Garrosh was already defeated in Mists of Pandaria and this was him grabbing for straws still pointing out how far he is ready to go where Thrall who placed him in the position of Warchief had to end him like a bitch in a questing zone.

What Sylvannas did in Shadowland cinematic was taking the IceCrown and breaking it in half as that was the last thing that could make a Lich King exist. She did not kill Bolvar nor actually defeated him in any winning sense, you could say in fact she set him free from the prison that he willingly set him self in to protect the Azeroth from the undead by maintaining control over them. Not only that she set him free, but you'd expect she'd want that power for her self when she got so strong that she could fight Bolvar with IceCrown to make her even stronger, instead she breaks the crown and opens up a gate to what we adventurers never imagined.

It makes you wonder, what does she know that we don't so that, not only Horde and Alliance are nothing to her, but the power of IceCrown is also nothing to her as well obviously.

That seems like a very same trend does it not?