Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    I macroed mostly but sometimes I had to switch manually back
    Donnou felt like stance dancing to me :shrug:
    Maybe I can find my guide xD but prbly not
    50k at ultraxion heroic
    Yeah Warrs were 1# melee Dps by a long shot for all of Cata, Arms in t11 and t13, Fury in t12. Arms Warrs with regular weapons beating Legendary Rogues in DS was fun.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

I'm a big fan of visuals and audio, so most fun would probably be post Legion
    DO YOU REALLY THINK YOU CAN CAST ASIDE YOUR GUILT SO EASILY

Most fun: arcane mage in BC, frost DK tank in WotLK, holy pally in Legion.

Least fun: arcane mage in BfA, paladin (any spec, but especially retri) in Cata, shadow priest in Legion/BfA.
    "This world is a prison!"

Hunter during the SV MOP / WOD Days was the most fun I've ever had. SV was never complex or super challenging or whatsofucking ever, it was just fun.
    Hunter has gotten significantly worse after SVs removal ever since. BM just isn't as fun as it used to be anymore as it's basically just press KC on CD and hope for procs, MM during Legion was the worst spec I've ever had to play... after the abomination that is melee SV.

I just want Multistrike ranged SV back... but since Blizzard usually don't admit mistakes or failures stupid melee SV is probably here to stay...

Retribution paladin:
    Worst was Classic until I got Grand Marshal gear.
    Best was obviously the glory days of Icecrown Citadel.
    Battle for Azeroth: Grand Marshal Hottage | Classic: Hottage | Overwatch | Diablo III
    PC Specs: Intel i5 8600K @ 4.5Ghz | Corsair H60 | 16GB DDR4 @ 3.2Ghz | ZOTAC GeForce RTX 2080 Twin Fan | Gigabyte Z370N
    WD Black NVMe 1TB | Toshiba P300 3TB | NZXT H200 Black/Red | Corsair SF750 | Windows 10 Pro 64bit
    Nvidia SHIELD 32GB LTE | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red | Razer Blackwidow X Chroma | ViewSonic XG2730

Forced to play anything a certain way has always bothered me. As a warlock since wotlk, the wod/legion days were really harsh. They took our abilities & tools away from us, gave some of the cool ones we lost to other classes and then made us choose between the few flavorful abilities we had left.. Left a really bad taste in my mouth...

Even in small ways (really pointing out even the smallest things here but just to prove a point) Death knights came - got AMS (animation taken from warlock) and death coil animation (not a huge fan of the new "cloud" we sling out), Demon Hunters came - They basically got our meta form that was badass and could've turned into so much cool (cloth tank dream?) and left us with a zoo simulator spec from the twisting nether.. Pet swapping is missed... Start out with a succ/felhunter then quick-swap to a voidwalker. Not a huge deal, but was something that brought out flavor to the playstyle of a warlock and separated you from other warlocks on a certain skill level.

Hunter? Cataclysm.

Paladin? WotLK, definitely.

Warlock? WotLK.

DH? Legion...

Druid? Hard tbh, I always loved balance, those treants in TBC were dope as heck because they were actually powerful back then even in PvP, but Legion Balance was great too with Full Moon, Artifact and all the associated traits along with it.

But I miss the Shapeshifting part about Druids... staying almost permanently in moonkin, cat or bear form depending on spec is meh. I want to be able to go to Bear Form and Mangle and Thrash as Balance, or Catform to deal some alright melee damage with more than just Shred without having to give up on a talent...

Maybe Shadowlands will make that better, but I honestly dont feel like a hybrid anymore no matter which hybrid Class.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    It just sounded ominous as if he would save that info for future use to something, that's all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Next class is Necromancer. Tinker will never happen.

You read first here.
    Oh yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    Wrath Ret was the highpoint of the spec by a mile. Torturous, slow and bad as it was in Vanilla, it was a product of its time. BC improved that a lot but still left it very slow and bad. Wrath improved on it and it had far FAR more interactivity, smoothness and fun than it has ever had since, even with traits and Essences and legendaries and other bullshit tacked on. Wrath Ret was the zenith of the spec.

Conversely, Cata introduced Holy Power and killed it overnight. There have been many manyyyy times when Ret was weak, bad or a joke and yet Cata was the worst of them all. Holy Power being the weakest and worst it ever was in addition to existing in the first place, alongside terrible things like Inquisition in the form it was then, contributed to the death of the spec from which it would not recover. Pandaland at least smoothed out Holy Power a little bit and Warlords added some actual speed and interaction to the spec but Cata had gutted it too much. Legion made it okay with the Ashbringer and tier sets and legendaries and so did BFA with traits/essences. The core spec is terrible and designed badly on purpose.

A return to Wrath will sadly never come. They will never allow another Day of Ret.
    Ret pally in Wrath is probably the most fun I've ever had on any class in WoW. I'm still hoping for a Wrath legacy server. I enjoyed all the classes I played in Wrath, it was a good time to be an altoholic.

Quote Originally Posted by High Tinker Buliwyf View Post
    But I miss the Shapeshifting part about Druids... staying almost permanently in moonkin, cat or bear form depending on spec is meh. I want to be able to go to Bear Form and Mangle and Thrash as Balance, or Catform to deal some alright melee damage with more than just Shred without having to give up on a talent...

Maybe Shadowlands will make that better, but I honestly dont feel like a hybrid anymore no matter which hybrid Class.
    I haven't felt like a hybrid on druid since vanilla, frankly. I was initially so thrilled in BC that feral was competitive DPS, but class utility was almost completely stripped to make that happen and it's just gotten progressively worse over the years.
    "People with depression score higher on tests of realism. Intelligence is positively correlated with mental illness and suicide. What this indicates is that if the mind understands too much about reality, it wants to destroy itself. Human life is existential horror."

Most fun for me was wotlk ret and mop ret with SoO set bonus divine storm. Least fun legion and bfa for sure. Even less soul than vanilla ret. Played ret on the same character since 2005 and legion/bfa really fucked it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    Hunter during the SV MOP / WOD Days was the most fun I've ever had. SV was never complex or super challenging or whatsofucking ever, it was just fun.
    Hunter has gotten significantly worse after SVs removal ever since. BM just isn't as fun as it used to be anymore as it's basically just press KC on CD and hope for procs, MM during Legion was the worst spec I've ever had to play... after the abomination that is melee SV.

I just want Multistrike ranged SV back... but since Blizzard usually don't admit mistakes or failures stupid melee SV is probably here to stay...
    This so much. #stillsalty

im always playing healers, all of them, and for me it was the most fun when Cata released and everyone were so used to wotlk easy dungeons, maaan that was awesome, getting people with brain was a challenge itself!

Rose tinted goggles tells me the best time was Wotlk when, mechanically at least, WoD was the best time for my Retadin. Final Verdict and Empowered Divine Storm was a great combo, really had flow.

Cata Ret made me quit the game. No joke.

Druid -

Best: Vanilla/Classic. Being able to perform all three roles enough to cover in dungeons/raids is the pinnacle of Druid, for me. The only time the class has been what it was supposed to be - a hybrid, jack of all trades.

Worst: BFA. Without wanting to be over the top, only being able to perform each role whilst in the correct spec is a shame, combined with the overall pruning and gutting of class abilities from the last few previous expansions hitting an all time high.

In terms of when each spec individually felt the best to play - that would be Mists of Pandaria for me.

I guess all mage specs were at it's best in mop, wod was also still good and i also really liked the reiteration of frost and fire in legion even tho mage class as its whole lost some cool utility stuff and arcane was made for dummies in legion.

The problem with bfa now is that a new player or at least someone who just now picks up a mage might be okay with how it feels and as a whole every spec does "work".

However:

If you played a mage in Legion or before that you probably also know the feeling of playing a shadow of its former self class, pruning always sucks but pruning while the spec itself doesn't really change all that much sucks a lot more since you will always be dissatisfied with it.

lowkey made me take half a year break after 2 months of bfa, it's a bit better now with essences but still not good.

Of course classic takes the throne as worst gameplay wise because: FROSTBOLT FROSTBOLT FROSTBOLT FROSTBOLT FROSTBOLT FROSTBOLT FROSTBOLT FROSTBOLT FROSTBOLT FROSTBOLT FROSTBOLT FROSTBOLT

shadow priest

Best - BC when mana battery was a thing and I had a clear support role I enjoyed.

Worst - since voidform was introduced and shadowform stopped spreading to mounts without a glyph
    /s

Protection Paladin
    Hard to pick the best time. It was great throughout MoP. It was great as gameplay in Legion once you had Saruan's resolve. I also loved the completely OP PvP back in mid-Cata.
    Worst is probably vanilla.
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

My main has been the same main for 15 years. A warrior.
    He's been the most fun in MoP.
    He's been the least fun in BfA.

I've had the least fun with a windwalker monk, strangely enough.
    If World of Warcraft has taught me anything, it's that teaching a crowd something is far harder than teaching individuals.

Blood DK.

Most fun: MOP was hilarious, but as much as I loved abusing vengeance, the nerf was called for.

Least fun: Now. But the changes done to it make sense from how it's supposed to work.

Nutshell: Currently it's the best, but the least fun. If that makes any sense.

Warrior.

Arms -
    Most fun: Cataclysm
    Least fun: WoD

Fury -
    Most fun: Wrath & MoP
    Least fun: BFA

Prot -
    Most fun: Wrath & WoD (Glad Stance)
    Least fun: WoD (After Glad Stance removal) & BFA

Nostalgia is a beautiful thing. Generally, the specs that stand out are typically from the periods we enjoy the most.

For example, I mained Ret in WotLK and got the server second Shadowmourne. I enjoyed that a lot. One of the best moments I've had in the game. However, the rotation back then was completely rubbish. Retribution in WotLK had a long build up time due to Seal of Vengeance/Corruption and an absurd FCFS (first come, first serve) "rotation" that you could genuinely macro into a /castrandom and just mash it, and you would do 99-point-something-percentage of maximum DPS. I still remember a thread about it over on EJ. Fascinating stuff. And yet, most of us remember it as great, complex and what not. It really wasn't, heh.

I tend to keep all classes at max level, and if I sit back and spend some time thinking about the actual gameplay, not the overall experience, I find most truly good specs to be either from MoP or Legion due to the revamps that occured back then. Of course, Retribution was at its best at the end of TBC, but that's because it was overpowered beyond anything the game has seen before or since, which ended up in the famous "NERF TO THE GROUND" thing. For those who don't remember, they'd sit 20-30% ahead of everyone else in DPS and could still heal like a full blown healer. It only lasted for a few weeks, during the WotLK pre-patch at level 70, before the famous nerf. Marvelous.

At any rate, that was a digression. Shaman, Warrior and Monk really hit a sweet spot in MoP for me. Maybe Warlock too, though I did like the Cataclysm version of Demonology. SL/SL was a fun spec in TBC, but mainly because it was almost immortal in PvP. Most of the others were at their best when fully decked in legendaries + maxed out artifact in Legion.

Except DK. Special mention to the DK. Blood's been good for a while, but I honestly don't know what's going on with Unholy and Frost. At this point, I feel they should just turn Unholy into "Necromancy" and make it a melee based pet spec, similar to some of the D3 Necromancer builds (the scythe ones).

Well, that was certainly a bit of a rant. Lovely.

Edit: Oh, and Feral. No idea where to place it. It tends to either be overly complicated, lacking in AoE, completely rubbish or somewhere in between. I'm amazed by people who have mained one through all of that.

Edit 2: Forgot about Arcane. Also a spec I have no idea where to place. I'm not even sure it's a real spec. Would love it if they turned into a medium range "battle mage" type of thing. Maybe even a tank, similar to how Arcane Warrior works in Dragon Age: Origin, using magic to amplify its defenses, but still a combination of swords and spells.
    Last edited by Maylander; 2019-11-18 at 03:19 PM.