Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Mistweaver
    Most fun: MoP
    I loved using chi torpedo to heal, it was so exciting! I loved Jab Jab Uplift but that didn't last very long. Punching to heal was fun. The mastery (although it was OP on release and quickly nerfed) that created healing orbs everywhere looked so visually pleasing when looking around a boss platform during a raid. Blanketing the raid with Renewing Mist and then chaining instant cast Uplifts felt amazing. Mistweavers were the first healer that didn't feel like a traditional healer. It was highly mobile and its main heals were fast-cast or instant casts. Casting Soothing Mist then following it up quickly (0.5s) with an Enveloping Mist (the numbers for Env were terrible but it just needed buffing and mana cost nerfing) felt so smooth. I loved being able to recharge my mana with Mana Tea which again removed the boundary of having to maintain and watch mana like other healers.

Least fun: Legion
    Blizzard really butchered Mistweaver's identity and brought it in line with all the other healers. Cast times were added to literally every heal except Renewing Mist, Chi Torpedo lost its healing and damage, and fistweaving was completely wiped out. I imagine they did this in an attempt to broaden the appeal of the spec to more players. However our numbers were terrible and Essence Font was a boring concept that became the staple part of our healing setup. No one was going to switch to Mistweaver if the numbers were bad, which they were. We drained mana which seems to have been an issue ever since they removed Mana Tea. They still struggle with adjusting our heal costs accordingly. They also ruined Soothing Mist by tacking it on the end of every heal. It healed absolutely nothing and provided no use. Overall the spec was just in an abysmal state.

Windwalker
    Most fun: Legion
    I LOVED the artifact ability Strike of the Windlord. The AOE ability that cost 2 chi and hit like a truck felt so fucking good to use. Transcendence also healed on use (Transfer) and it had a 25 second CD. Mobility was at its peak which was needed to stop DH from stepping on WW's toes.

Least fun: BFA
    Artifact ability gone, say no more. Its replacement was Fist of the White Tiger yet all the two abilities share is the animation. FotWT hits like a wet noodle and is a chi builder not a spender to deal damage. It's shit. WW mobility was also hit fairly hard with a removal of the trait that made Transcendence a 25s CD, so now it's up to 45s. In addition, for absolutely no fucking reason they nerfed Flying Serpent Kick to travel for 1.5s down from 2.0s. I have no idea why they did that. Windwalker is in a position in BFA right now where they do nothing, bring nothing, and aren't needed. The mobility is outshined (DHs mobility reigns supreme), the damage is outshined (worst singletarget damage in the game right now), and DHs and Rogues are basically the same as WW but better. They just bring more and it's depressing.

For an in-depth analysis of the state of Monks, Preach did a fantastic video during Legion and it still holds up very well.

I mostly play shaman or hunter.

Vanilla: neither class was fun
    TBC: hunter was ok, enhancement was fun and elemental was ok.
    WotLK: Hunter was awesome, enhancement was fun and elemental was pretty fun.
    Cata: Hunter was pretty fun, enhancement was great and elemental was pretty fun.
    MoP: Didn't really play
    WoD: MM hunter was the best it's ever been, enhancement was the best it's ever been, didnt play elemental.
    Legion: Hunters pretty much died here along with enhancement, elemental was ok-ish.
    BfA. Hunters are still dead, enhancement too, elemental isn't fun.

Here are some I've played in a specific expansion or two:

Vanilla/classic: Cat form druid is ok but has a bad stigma (it can work if you tryhard)
    TBC: Fury warrior was fun, feral druid was fun (tried only on private servers though)
    WotLK: Destro lock was really fun, balance druids too.

I've tried about every class in Legion since I didn't like the reworks for hunters/enhancement but didn't really find anything fun. Same with BfA but worse. Hoping Shadowlands will fix it.

cata/mop seems to the best era for most specs, a few outliers obviously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been playing mage and hunter since vanilla so we'll settle with them

Mage
    Most fun: WotLK, Legion
    Least Fun: Cata, WoD

Hunter
    Most Fun: TBC, WotLK
    Least Fun: Legion, BfA
    Last edited by Orby; 2019-11-21 at 04:25 PM.

My main has always been my Elemental Shaman. It was the most fun in MoP Patch 5.4 (Lightning Bolt while moving... omg).

It was the least fun in WoD Patch 6.0 (with the first patch of literally every other expansion since Cata being a close 2-6). Ele shaman always suck/are not fun at the start of an expansion and Blizz's stance seems to be "just deal with it until later on in the expansion". Remember when we all waited for changes in 8.1 and all they did was changed two talents? Also, remember the Potato Storm spell that was shown in the WoD Gameplay reveal trailer? That never made it into the game
    Last edited by blaqkmagick; 2019-11-21 at 04:25 PM.

Hunter here:

MM:
    Best: WOTLK
    Worst: BfA
    Honorable mention: Late into Legion was pretty fun imo

BM:
    Best: MOP
    Worst: Legion +

SV:
    Worst: Legion+
    Honorable Mention: WoD

Overall:
    Worst: BfA
    Honorable Mention: WoD

Quote Originally Posted by clinophobia View Post
    Inb4 saying: But but this is multidot, okay, here is single target...
    I think you completely misunderstood my statement. You might wanna reread it.

Even if it wasn't really insanely strong during SoO, I would've still had a blast.
    I bolded the important parts.

I'm trying to say that the gameplay was fun even if it was OP as hell.
    Last edited by Irian; 2019-11-21 at 06:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy pala: MoP or late cata for best, Legion and BFA for least.
    B DK: Legion for best, BFA for least

I don't understand people who have played for a while and have "a class".

I mean why would you not play more of them?

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie081 View Post
    snip
    Hey that video is cool.
    I always shied away from Monks (and melees) but now I really want to play one.
    Too bad I never got to experience the dps-healing type.

I wonder if Blizz will ever include an energy based healer again... I had by far the most fun playing one in SWTOR (Bounty Hunter). Managing "heat" instead of mana was really cool.. now that I think about it, most MMOs had better healer gameplay than what WoW offers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Paladin: WotLK, not stuck with that fucking god awful excuse of a resource system called Holy Power.
    Rogue: WotLK, Cata, WoD. Sub had the most fluid playstyles, lots of impact during Dance.
    Warlock: MoP. Just all around some of the best designed specs of the era, all of the specs were tremendously fun to play.
    Mage: WotLK(fire), MoP. Fiery Payback was my bae back in WotLK, and MoP had Deep Freeze which was A+.
    Monk: MoP. Most unique and fun iteration, every expansion since then has just been diluting what a monk was.

If I had the choice I'd go back to MoP class design and just never change it.
    Last edited by Gungnir; 2019-11-21 at 06:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I think you completely misunderstood my statement. You might wanna reread it.

I bolded the important parts.

I'm trying to say that the gameplay was fun even if it was OP as hell.
    Okay sorry, then I completely misunderstood you.

Quote Originally Posted by runebobo View Post
    I don't understand people who have played for a while and have "a class".

I mean why would you not play more of them?
    I think they feel their class is their "Main", MOP I leveled one or two of every class but my main (the Class I did/would answer as, is a hunter) .

10+ Year Old Account
    Protection warrior

Most fun: Mists/Legion
    Least fun: vanilla

BM hunter

Most fun: Mists
    Least fun: Wrath (which is when they deliberately wrecked BM to get more people to try MM/Surv)
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Most fun I had was an affliction lock during Cata. Last great all up rotation and shadow bolts and no resource management.

Least, warrior tanking leveling during MOP. Abandoned it at 70 in brutal gear.
    The most persecuted minority is the individual.

Feral druid worst in WOTLK cause it was the most complex class/build ever in wow. Its level cap was insane.

Best...kinda now in BFA actually. I like primal wrath and feral is still hard, but not easy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Littleraven View Post
    I loved my druid in Wrath and then again in MoP. It was least at the start of BfA. It was a fucking travesty what they did to feral until they started patching it.
    hey dude, I just saw your comment...yea feral early BFA was very....yikes. But primal wrath and updates helped.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

3+ Year Old Account
    Mega bursty boi Arcane in Legion
    Haste stack Windwalker in MOP

Hunter

Most fun: MoP, SoO especially, SV spec
    Least fun: BfA, dishonorable mention to Legion although it was better.

Monk was fun especially with chi burst until legion

MoP 9/10
    WoD 10/10
    Legion 6/10
    BFA 6/10

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    For me,

BC/Wrath - Holy Paladin. I loved the play style and being able to solo heal (some) raid fights was awesome.
    Cata - Prot Paladin. Holy Power killed healing for me. But the I felt like to was a good addition for tanking.
    MoP - I loved both healing and tanking on monk, at the time, the specs felt really fun to play and unique in their on ways.
    WoD - Prot warrior. Gladiator Stance, do I have to say anymore than that?
    Legion - Resto/Guardian Druid. I had a lot of fun with both specs in Legion.
    BfA.... I'll have to get back to you on that.