Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If there is one it will be minor. Few years at most. We won't come back and it's been 30-40 years.

Though the fact the two worlds are kinda connected now means there probably won't be any time dilation.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Just aimlessly reading Wowpedia and stumbled on this bit:

- During the Burning Legion's third invasion, the Knights of the Ebon Blade traveled to the Shadowlands to acquire the Aggregates of Anguish, five tormented essences of powerful souls - Admiral Proudmoore, Soulbinder Nyami, Grand Empress Shek'zeer, Grand Apothecary Putress and Archmage Arugal. Salanaar required these to conjure the Steeds of the Damned for the order's new Horsemen.

- Salanar noted that while years had passed in the regular world, for him in the Realm of Shadows, it had been mere days since he had helped the Deathlord claim their own deathcharger.

Salanar the Horseman is one of those characters that seems to have a very natural and very strong affinity for travelling to and from the Shadowlands. As recently as Legion, Blizz has introduced lore that suggests that time in the real world is accelerated while one is away in the Shadowlands. Days in the Shadowlands are turning out to be YEARS in the real world. If we spend 2 months campaigning in the Shadowlands, we might come back to a very different Azeroth.

It seems like this could be the missing link between where we are at now in the lore and the bizarre son of the wolf comic ending. Given what I think now, the comic could very well be talking about the end of Shadowlands.

A very nice catch, bro

altough, I think Sylvanas' story needs the freakin conculsion at last, and so her actions NEEDS to influence the world one way or another. After all, she opened the gateway between the worlds/ realms, so I'd guess we need to deal with that shit first. But when I take into consideration what has been done to Argus, I mean - Argus becoming a SINGLE PATCH content - everything is possible

It would be very interesting to do a time skip but I don't think Blizzard wants to change too much(and Christie would not let Jaina die of old age) because it could make players complain. For example, they would be angry if they learned that humans got into industrial age due to gnomes.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

7+ Year Old Account
    I love you I was thinking the exact same thing!!! Our adventure into the Shadowlands is the perfect opportunity for a time skip, as seeing as is the perfect place to drop the excuse of "oh time works differently here" which presumably it would just like other places in Warcraft mythos!!

Now connecting it to the Son of the Wolf comic...has potential, I was thinking more along the lines of ditching some current character, existing/floating storylines, removing/introducing threats just in it self and maybe a WoW 3.0 (Cataclysm-Present is WoW 2.0 to me) but your idea has potential..Now if Blizzard could do a time skip properly...!

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Wouldn't be the first time gameplay has contradicted lore, we were technically stranded on Draenor for a while too.
    'stranded' , meanwhile a portal to Orgrimmar/Stormwind is opened up mere minutes after the Dark Portal is destroyed. We were never stranded.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    If there is one it will be minor. Few years at most. We won't come back and it's been 30-40 years.

Though the fact the two worlds are kinda connected now means there probably won't be any time dilation.
    Long enough so that Anduin looks like an old man.

Lots of characters will be grown-ass adults by then with story implications, the new King of Ironforge, Durak son of Thrall, Dezco's son Redhoof who is being raised by the Golden Lotus - lots of cool future plot threads to run with in a ~20-30 year skip.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean we had the whole Argus thing with time feeling different so that doesn't matter really. It will only matter if Blizzard makes it so.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2019-11-16 at 11:05 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi