Poll: Should they remove void form?

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosha View Post
    Oh one of these guys...

So the post I'm commenting on doesn't have a quote, so one can assume he is commenting on the OP correct? If there was context he was directly replying to then one can assume you should be using this cool quote feature in order to show others what you're talking about. Right? Does this make sense to you honey?

This isn't 'reading between the lines' this guy straight up didn't put any context in his post if this is truly what he is commenting on.

Let me explain this to you in case you don't understand.

If I come in here, not quoting anything and put "What a dumb idea", you would probably assume I'm talking about the OP? Wouldn't you? Well...if you don't you should. But if I am specifically talking about a post such as

Then I should probably quote that post and then say 'what a dumb idea'.

You get how that works? Or should I explain it more for you.

Also, whose to say he isn't responding to the OP? What makes you say he is responding to that post specifically? Can you read his mind?
    You seem like a miserable person to be around. You should try going outside or something and get some sun.

Quote Originally Posted by Talon8669 View Post
    You seem like a miserable person to be around. You should try going outside or something and get some sun.
    Only responded the way I did because of the post I received =D

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Recovery View Post
    There is this cool little thing that is a part of language and reading comprehension that people call context clues.

With his analogy, youd have to assume that hes talking about taking something that is permanent (Void form isnt) and making it a cool down. Therefore, its quite simple to deduce that he is talking about shadowform rather than void form, seeing as how void form isnt a permanent state.
    Yeah and you can also use reading comprehension and clues and take the part where he said "They removed it and made it a cd" and assume he is talking about void form specifically. He never mentioned shadow form. This is the part where you would need this thing called a quote in order to provide context to your comment.

You know it's super difficult to understand, I get it. But you keep believing that people should be able to read that guys mind because he apparently is commenting on a post that is another page back that not everyone reads.

3+ Year Old Account
    I say go all in with shadow priest being a shadow / void spec. Bring spectral guise back. Bring Mind spike back, so that shadow has more than one spell tree and another ability to go with the spec fantasy of attacking the mind. (They need more than one tree regardless. Give Spriest smite or something back, if nothing else.) Bring grasping tendril root back.

Give them an insanity mechanic that afflicts enemies.. Example: Mind Destruction: Fills the target with insanity over 3 seconds, causing them to attack an alli for X damage.

There is so much that blizzard could do with the spec to make it fun and different from anything else in wow.
    Last edited by Recovery; 2020-10-05 at 06:53 PM.

I'd rather have them remove shadow form and keep void form. The only thing that keeps me from playing a shadow priest is that I will forever have to stay a purple blob wherever I go. It's awful.

Or even better - make void form a talent that replaces shadow form, so people who enjoy being a purple mess 24/7 can stay that way.

Isn't voidform the ultimate "mess" though?

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    There is more then raiding..
    What is not going to be fun anymore?

Shadow feels better then it ever was.
    No it doesnt, its janky as fuck.

You probably dont play at high end level to know what the issues are.

Quote Originally Posted by Spicymemer View Post

Wasn't that exactly what they said? lol

They do not play at that level, like 90 % of players, and they think it's fun - because they are not mythic minmaxers.

What the hell are you talking about? The rework was, objectively, a success for any "level".

SL leveling will not be a exercise in frustration, like it was in legion and bfa. World quests don't feel like you're 50 ilvl lower than in reality. Shadow actually has tools to do damage in dungeons, and no longer needs a tank with specialized knowledge to be able to do competitive damage. In raids we are no longer at the mercy of mechanics, where a bit of bad luck can neuter our damage dealing ability for the next 2 minutes. And in PvP, priests actually have good perspectives, outside of being dot and MC spammers in rated BGs. Like, we can actually fight melee classes. And have good chances of winning.

And on top of that, we finally got rid of the unbalancable abomination that voidform was. I think 4 years is enough time to conclude that somethin is just broken at it's core. It was proven over and over that it's too much to balance. Sure 8.3 is not a normal tier, as corruption supercharged the stats each char has, but we also saw some crazy performance jumps from shadow.

We started as one of the worst DPS specs initially, and around 3 weeks in to raiding we settled in the bottom half of the list, mostly competing with other classes' second and third specs. But as gear and corruptions started to build up, especially once we got two guaranteed high ilvl corrupted items per week, and especially once the corruption vendor was added, shadow climbed the rankings like crazy. Yes, it eventually stopped scaling as well, and other classes overtook us, but shadow is still in top 5. And it stopped performing as good only because stats got crazy. I mean way past GCD haste cap. Closing in on crit cap. Like, actual 100% crit. And voidform insanity drain formula basically topped out, making it near impossible to get longer voidforms. But I don't think we will ever see stats that high again.

Yes, shadow still has rough edges here and there, but overall, rework made shadow one of the better DPS specs in the game, in terms of gameplay.
    Last edited by Echeyakee; 2020-10-07 at 10:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Echeyakee View Post
    -
    You talk a lot about DPS like that means anything, im talking about the rotation.

Its bad, it will be bad no matter what level of the game you play.

Just watch it happen, shadow will be overly difficult to play and only the most hardcore will cling to it.

You talk a lot about DPS like that means anything, im talking about the rotation.

Its bad, it will be bad no matter what level of the game you play.

Just watch it happen, shadow will be overly difficult to play and only the most hardcore will cling to it.
    I only talked about DPS to illustrate a point regarding inherent impossibility to balance old voidform, leading to never-ending cycle of nerfs and overall frustrating position it puts the spec in.

Also I do not see your point. Outside of VF we have 2 dots to keep up and MB to keep on CD. Rest is spending insanity and MF filler. IMO that's easier than before, as we had to closely watch two short CD spells. Yes, we also have SWD on execute, but you could of picked it up as a talent before, it's nothing new or hard.

And in VF we get an extra spell, and a SWV effect on MB. So I guess it's technically harder, but it's no more than replacing some of the MFs with DPs, if you're comparing it to pre SL shadow.

You've spent weeks arguing that new shadow is bad, but I've yet to see any examples out of you, just baseless claims so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Echeyakee View Post
    I only talked about DPS to illustrate a point regarding inherent impossibility to balance old voidform, leading to never-ending cycle of nerfs and overall frustrating position it puts the spec in.

Also I do not see your point. Outside of VF we have 2 dots to keep up and MB to keep on CD. Rest is spending insanity and MF filler. IMO that's easier than before, as we had to closely watch two short CD spells. Yes, we also have SWD on execute, but you could of picked it up as a talent before, it's nothing new or hard.

And in VF we get an extra spell, and a SWV effect on MB. So I guess it's technically harder, but it's no more than replacing some of the MFs with DPs, if you're comparing it to pre SL shadow.

You've spent weeks arguing that new shadow is bad, but I've yet to see any examples out of you, just baseless claims so far.
    My claims arent baseless, Ive been playing shadow ever since it was viable on TBC launch.
    I know the spec better than anyone else.
    Shadowlands version of Shadow is trash and you'll see that come true.

My claims arent baseless, Ive been playing shadow ever since it was viable on TBC launch.
    I honestly can not even fathom someone who has played shadow from tbc liking any form of the shadow that was between legion and bfa if you are suggesting that void form is better than shadowlands.

Honestly, I can't even imagine it.

I have played shadow as an alt for the same amount of time and shadowlands, at the very least, feels closer to what it use to be than what we have had in legion and bfa. Voidform is actual trash and I am SO glad it is finally gone.

Again, you're just shouting opinions at me.

How about you try arguing like an adult, and make an actual point, backing it up with specific examples, properly laid out theories or, really, anything of substance. You've still failed to actually say what is it that you don't like about the spec.

Hi fellow long time Shadow Priest (I've been playing since vanilla myself) and I have to disagree. Is the new playstyle unfamiliar and a little odd feeling? Yeah, but that's to be expected when you've been doing something different for the past 4 years. I think once you've played the reworked Spriest more, you'll become more comfortable with it and will have a change of mind. But in the mean time, try not act like you're hot stuff cause I can promise you, there is ALWAYS someone better than you out there!
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

TBH I misread this post as asking whether shadow form could be removed, and I was thinking that someone finally understands.

Personally I think Shadowform is an antiquated relic from vanilla/TBC and should be removed as an active ability and turned into an optional appearance ability for Shadow (like treant form for druids was).

Void form is fine. I dislike shadow and find it very boring, but void form is the only thing about shadow I like. Since I don't play Shadow much I wouldn't lose much sleep if it was removed, but the spec would be even more boring for me if it was.

Off topic, but I want to mention since Disc also received dramatic changes -- I used to play Holy because I found disc boring, but now I only play disc for the most part. Changes aren't bad unless the spec is just bad after. Shadow form needed something to make it more interesting, and I feel like void form did that. It's part of its identity to me now, so yeah. I like it.

If we start removing everything that made classes different in the past couple years, I am going to be severely disappointed. I'll make an exception for Enhancement shaman (I am still on the fence whether the SL change back to what it once was, was good or not, but Maelstrom weapon is okay at least), but for the most part the changed class mechanics weren't bad things IMHO.

Edit: I should mention I only mean this mechanically. Aesthetically, I really don't care much. Insanity was always a theme for shadow priests, so if we still have the same playstyle, I don't care if it's 'ye olde shadow' theme or 'old god/void lord' theme.
    Last edited by therealbowser; 2020-10-09 at 11:51 PM.

Voidform = bad

It has been one flaming dumpster fire since the start and I don't even raid high end anymore, but can understand the issues.

As for the couple of comments about removing shadowform, just no. Stop. Shadowform has been with the spec since the start and taking it away would be like removing SWP or MB from the game. It's a part of the actual class identity.

Also, I am looking forward to playing shadow in the trainwreck expansion that will become known as Sh*tlands. The class is looking overall good compared to honestly, I don't know how long it has been. Feels like forever.

Note: Don't get me wrong. I think Voidform was an awesome idea on paper. But there are a lot of ideas that look awesome on paper, but implementation is a whole other issue.
    I have been chosen by the big metal hand in the sky!

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    TBH I misread this post as asking whether shadow form could be removed, and I was thinking that someone finally understands.

Personally I think Shadowform is an antiquated relic from vanilla/TBC and should be removed as an active ability and turned into an optional appearance ability for Shadow (like treant form for druids was).
    A shadow Priest without shadowform is simply no shadow priest. That's their iconic ability and it's more important than anything else. Blizzard should change Glyph of Shadow back to pre 8.0 OR better give us a new glyph that tones shadowform extremely down (still visible, but more like pre 8.0) without the shadow cloud and spell effects on the players body while in shadowform
    Last edited by Velerios; 2020-10-10 at 12:15 PM.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    A shadow Priest without shadowform is simply no shadow priest. That's their iconic ability and it's more important than anything else. Blizzard should change Glyph of Shadow back to pre 8.0 OR better give us a new glyph that tones shadowform extremely down (still visible, but more like pre 8.0) without the shadow cloud and spell effects on the players body while in shadowform
    ok yes its iconic, and i love it, but there is literally no point anymore to having it be a form or stance. None of our shadow spells require it. Its kind of just there to be there and could easily just be baked into the spec without the need to push a button once every time your die and res

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    ok yes its iconic, and i love it, but there is literally no point anymore to having it be a form or stance. None of our shadow spells require it. Its kind of just there to be there and could easily just be baked into the spec without the need to push a button once every time your die and res
    No, because they already did that in legion and people were angry that they couldn't deactivate Shadowform. We had exactly this issue and sometimes people want to be in shadowspec while also having their transmog be visible. So they brought back Shadowform because of exactly this reason.

Personally i would have wished blizzard did a bit more of unpruning and bring healing spells to all priest specs back, even shadow. And then make it so that you can actualy shortly offheal too like a weak healer, but shadowform gets deactivated. So that shadowform actually have an use as a stance you are while doing damage, and when you heal, you need to invest a global CD to go back to your damage spec.