View Poll Results: Should they remove void form?

Voters
559. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - Go back to pre Legion Shadow

    405 72.45%
  • No - I like/love post Legion Shadow

    154 27.55%
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ...
4
12
13
14
15
16
... LastLast
  1. #261
    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    As a Former Resto Druid main that has not been able to take it seriously since them removing Tree Form and making it a CD. I think everyone should take a strong look and decide if this is really what you want.
    \
    Apples and oranges.
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    I can't believe you idiots banned my main forum account because I was only showing you proof of your trolling. I will keep posting here and I will not stop this war. Just stop disrupting roleplay. You have done enough damage already.

  2. #262
    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    As a Former Resto Druid main that has not been able to take it seriously since them removing Tree Form and making it a CD. I think everyone should take a strong look and decide if this is really what you want.
    \
    Explain to me how this is comparable. Tree form just gave you better stats, slower move speed, no access to any other spells, and less mana costs.

    Void form was a terrible, temporary form that you constantly had to build up a resource in order to spend get into your form then spam abilities hoping something didn’t interfere with your rotation that knocked you out of the form or else your damage would suffer tremendously.

    Shadow priests turned into void form. That was basically it. If you weren’t in void form, you were working to get into void form, and when you were in void form you were working to stay in void form. It wasn’t fun. Especially in pvp. It felt terrible.

  3. #263
    Stood in the Fire Recovery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    392
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosha View Post
    Explain to me how this is comparable. Tree form just gave you better stats, slower move speed, no access to any other spells, and less mana costs.

    Void form was a terrible, temporary form that you constantly had to build up a resource in order to spend get into your form then spam abilities hoping something didn’t interfere with your rotation that knocked you out of the form or else your damage would suffer tremendously.

    Shadow priests turned into void form. That was basically it. If you weren’t in void form, you were working to get into void form, and when you were in void form you were working to stay in void form. It wasn’t fun. Especially in pvp. It felt terrible.
    SOmeone had mentioned taking shadow form away completely and only having void form cooldown. Thats what he was comparing to Druid tree form. Read between the lines, bud. You can do it. I believe in you.


    as for my "2 cents"...

    Priest playstyle was bonkers pre shadowlands changes. It wasnt fun. It wasnt fun whatsoever. It was kinda like socialism.. Good concept on paper, bad in practice.

    Post shadowlands changes are much more fluid. The class actually make sense..

  4. #264
    Quote Originally Posted by Recovery View Post
    SOmeone had mentioned taking shadow form away completely and only having void form cooldown. Thats what he was comparing to Druid tree form. Read between the lines, bud. You can do it. I believe in you.


    as for my "2 cents"...

    Priest playstyle was bonkers pre shadowlands changes. It wasnt fun. It wasnt fun whatsoever. It was kinda like socialism.. Good concept on paper, bad in practice.

    Post shadowlands changes are much more fluid. The class actually make sense..
    Oh one of these guys...

    So the post I'm commenting on doesn't have a quote, so one can assume he is commenting on the OP correct? If there was context he was directly replying to then one can assume you should be using this cool quote feature in order to show others what you're talking about. Right? Does this make sense to you honey?

    This isn't 'reading between the lines' this guy straight up didn't put any context in his post if this is truly what he is commenting on.

    Let me explain this to you in case you don't understand.

    If I come in here, not quoting anything and put "What a dumb idea", you would probably assume I'm talking about the OP? Wouldn't you? Well...if you don't you should. But if I am specifically talking about a post such as

    As a Former Resto Druid main that has not been able to take it seriously since them removing Tree Form and making it a CD. I think everyone should take a strong look and decide if this is really what you want.
    Then I should probably quote that post and then say 'what a dumb idea'.

    You get how that works? Or should I explain it more for you.

    Also, whose to say he isn't responding to the OP? What makes you say he is responding to that post specifically? Can you read his mind?
    Last edited by Mosha; 2020-10-05 at 05:48 PM.

  5. #265
    Stood in the Fire Recovery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    392
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosha View Post
    Oh one of these guys...

    So the post I'm commenting on doesn't have a quote, so one can assume he is commenting on the OP correct? If there was context he was directly replying to then one can assume you should be using this cool quote feature in order to show others what you're talking about. Right? Does this make sense to you honey?

    This isn't 'reading between the lines' this guy straight up didn't put any context in his post if this is truly what he is commenting on.

    Let me explain this to you in case you don't understand.

    If I come in here, not quoting anything and put "What a dumb idea", you would probably assume I'm talking about the OP? Wouldn't you? Well...if you don't you should. But if I am specifically talking about a post such as



    Then I should probably quote that post and then say 'what a dumb idea'.

    You get how that works? Or should I explain it more for you.

    Also, whose to say he isn't responding to the OP? What makes you say he is responding to that post specifically? Can you read his mind?
    There is this cool little thing that is a part of language and reading comprehension that people call context clues.

    With his analogy, youd have to assume that hes talking about taking something that is permanent (Void form isnt) and making it a cool down. Therefore, its quite simple to deduce that he is talking about shadowform rather than void form, seeing as how void form isnt a permanent state.
    Last edited by Recovery; 2020-10-05 at 06:25 PM.

  6. #266
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    559
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosha View Post
    Oh one of these guys...

    So the post I'm commenting on doesn't have a quote, so one can assume he is commenting on the OP correct? If there was context he was directly replying to then one can assume you should be using this cool quote feature in order to show others what you're talking about. Right? Does this make sense to you honey?

    This isn't 'reading between the lines' this guy straight up didn't put any context in his post if this is truly what he is commenting on.

    Let me explain this to you in case you don't understand.

    If I come in here, not quoting anything and put "What a dumb idea", you would probably assume I'm talking about the OP? Wouldn't you? Well...if you don't you should. But if I am specifically talking about a post such as



    Then I should probably quote that post and then say 'what a dumb idea'.

    You get how that works? Or should I explain it more for you.

    Also, whose to say he isn't responding to the OP? What makes you say he is responding to that post specifically? Can you read his mind?
    You seem like a miserable person to be around. You should try going outside or something and get some sun.

  7. #267
    Quote Originally Posted by Talon8669 View Post
    You seem like a miserable person to be around. You should try going outside or something and get some sun.
    Only responded the way I did because of the post I received =D

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Recovery View Post
    There is this cool little thing that is a part of language and reading comprehension that people call context clues.

    With his analogy, youd have to assume that hes talking about taking something that is permanent (Void form isnt) and making it a cool down. Therefore, its quite simple to deduce that he is talking about shadowform rather than void form, seeing as how void form isnt a permanent state.
    Yeah and you can also use reading comprehension and clues and take the part where he said "They removed it and made it a cd" and assume he is talking about void form specifically. He never mentioned shadow form. This is the part where you would need this thing called a quote in order to provide context to your comment.

    You know it's super difficult to understand, I get it. But you keep believing that people should be able to read that guys mind because he apparently is commenting on a post that is another page back that not everyone reads.

  8. #268
    Stood in the Fire Recovery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    392
    I say go all in with shadow priest being a shadow / void spec. Bring spectral guise back. Bring Mind spike back, so that shadow has more than one spell tree and another ability to go with the spec fantasy of attacking the mind. (They need more than one tree regardless. Give Spriest smite or something back, if nothing else.) Bring grasping tendril root back.

    Give them an insanity mechanic that afflicts enemies.. Example: Mind Destruction: Fills the target with insanity over 3 seconds, causing them to attack an alli for X damage.

    There is so much that blizzard could do with the spec to make it fun and different from anything else in wow.
    Last edited by Recovery; 2020-10-05 at 06:53 PM.

  9. #269
    I'd rather have them remove shadow form and keep void form. The only thing that keeps me from playing a shadow priest is that I will forever have to stay a purple blob wherever I go. It's awful.

    Or even better - make void form a talent that replaces shadow form, so people who enjoy being a purple mess 24/7 can stay that way.

  10. #270
    Warchief Voidism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    In the shadows!
    Posts
    2,057
    Isn't voidform the ultimate "mess" though?

  11. #271
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    There is more then raiding..
    What is not going to be fun anymore?

    Shadow feels better then it ever was.
    No it doesnt, its janky as fuck.

    You probably dont play at high end level to know what the issues are.

  12. #272
    Warchief Voidism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    In the shadows!
    Posts
    2,057
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicymemer View Post
    No it doesnt, its janky as fuck.

    You probably dont play at high end level to know what the issues are.
    Wasn't that exactly what they said? lol

    They do not play at that level, like 90 % of players, and they think it's fun - because they are not mythic minmaxers.

  13. #273
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicymemer View Post
    No it doesnt, its janky as fuck.

    You probably dont play at high end level to know what the issues are.
    What the hell are you talking about? The rework was, objectively, a success for any "level".

    SL leveling will not be a exercise in frustration, like it was in legion and bfa. World quests don't feel like you're 50 ilvl lower than in reality. Shadow actually has tools to do damage in dungeons, and no longer needs a tank with specialized knowledge to be able to do competitive damage. In raids we are no longer at the mercy of mechanics, where a bit of bad luck can neuter our damage dealing ability for the next 2 minutes. And in PvP, priests actually have good perspectives, outside of being dot and MC spammers in rated BGs. Like, we can actually fight melee classes. And have good chances of winning.

    And on top of that, we finally got rid of the unbalancable abomination that voidform was. I think 4 years is enough time to conclude that somethin is just broken at it's core. It was proven over and over that it's too much to balance. Sure 8.3 is not a normal tier, as corruption supercharged the stats each char has, but we also saw some crazy performance jumps from shadow.

    We started as one of the worst DPS specs initially, and around 3 weeks in to raiding we settled in the bottom half of the list, mostly competing with other classes' second and third specs. But as gear and corruptions started to build up, especially once we got two guaranteed high ilvl corrupted items per week, and especially once the corruption vendor was added, shadow climbed the rankings like crazy. Yes, it eventually stopped scaling as well, and other classes overtook us, but shadow is still in top 5. And it stopped performing as good only because stats got crazy. I mean way past GCD haste cap. Closing in on crit cap. Like, actual 100% crit. And voidform insanity drain formula basically topped out, making it near impossible to get longer voidforms. But I don't think we will ever see stats that high again.

    Yes, shadow still has rough edges here and there, but overall, rework made shadow one of the better DPS specs in the game, in terms of gameplay.
    Last edited by Echeyakee; 2020-10-07 at 10:54 PM.

  14. #274
    Quote Originally Posted by Echeyakee View Post
    -
    You talk a lot about DPS like that means anything, im talking about the rotation.

    Its bad, it will be bad no matter what level of the game you play.

    Just watch it happen, shadow will be overly difficult to play and only the most hardcore will cling to it.

  15. #275
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicymemer View Post
    You talk a lot about DPS like that means anything, im talking about the rotation.

    Its bad, it will be bad no matter what level of the game you play.

    Just watch it happen, shadow will be overly difficult to play and only the most hardcore will cling to it.
    I only talked about DPS to illustrate a point regarding inherent impossibility to balance old voidform, leading to never-ending cycle of nerfs and overall frustrating position it puts the spec in.

    Also I do not see your point. Outside of VF we have 2 dots to keep up and MB to keep on CD. Rest is spending insanity and MF filler. IMO that's easier than before, as we had to closely watch two short CD spells. Yes, we also have SWD on execute, but you could of picked it up as a talent before, it's nothing new or hard.

    And in VF we get an extra spell, and a SWV effect on MB. So I guess it's technically harder, but it's no more than replacing some of the MFs with DPs, if you're comparing it to pre SL shadow.


    You've spent weeks arguing that new shadow is bad, but I've yet to see any examples out of you, just baseless claims so far.

  16. #276

  17. #277
    Quote Originally Posted by Echeyakee View Post
    I only talked about DPS to illustrate a point regarding inherent impossibility to balance old voidform, leading to never-ending cycle of nerfs and overall frustrating position it puts the spec in.

    Also I do not see your point. Outside of VF we have 2 dots to keep up and MB to keep on CD. Rest is spending insanity and MF filler. IMO that's easier than before, as we had to closely watch two short CD spells. Yes, we also have SWD on execute, but you could of picked it up as a talent before, it's nothing new or hard.

    And in VF we get an extra spell, and a SWV effect on MB. So I guess it's technically harder, but it's no more than replacing some of the MFs with DPs, if you're comparing it to pre SL shadow.


    You've spent weeks arguing that new shadow is bad, but I've yet to see any examples out of you, just baseless claims so far.
    My claims arent baseless, Ive been playing shadow ever since it was viable on TBC launch.
    I know the spec better than anyone else.
    Shadowlands version of Shadow is trash and you'll see that come true.

  18. #278
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicymemer View Post
    My claims arent baseless, Ive been playing shadow ever since it was viable on TBC launch.
    I know the spec better than anyone else.
    Shadowlands version of Shadow is trash and you'll see that come true.
    I honestly can not even fathom someone who has played shadow from tbc liking any form of the shadow that was between legion and bfa if you are suggesting that void form is better than shadowlands.

    Honestly, I can't even imagine it.

    I have played shadow as an alt for the same amount of time and shadowlands, at the very least, feels closer to what it use to be than what we have had in legion and bfa. Voidform is actual trash and I am SO glad it is finally gone.

  19. #279
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicymemer View Post
    My claims arent baseless, Ive been playing shadow ever since it was viable on TBC launch.
    I know the spec better than anyone else.
    Shadowlands version of Shadow is trash and you'll see that come true.
    Again, you're just shouting opinions at me.

    How about you try arguing like an adult, and make an actual point, backing it up with specific examples, properly laid out theories or, really, anything of substance. You've still failed to actually say what is it that you don't like about the spec.

  20. #280
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicymemer View Post
    My claims arent baseless, Ive been playing shadow ever since it was viable on TBC launch.
    I know the spec better than anyone else.
    Shadowlands version of Shadow is trash and you'll see that come true.
    Hi fellow long time Shadow Priest (I've been playing since vanilla myself) and I have to disagree. Is the new playstyle unfamiliar and a little odd feeling? Yeah, but that's to be expected when you've been doing something different for the past 4 years. I think once you've played the reworked Spriest more, you'll become more comfortable with it and will have a change of mind. But in the mean time, try not act like you're hot stuff cause I can promise you, there is ALWAYS someone better than you out there!
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •