Poll: Should they remove void form?

Page 1 of 16
... LastLast

Should they remove void form?

Old gods are gonna go down in 8.3. Do you think they should remove void gods/old god aesthetic and go back to shadow in 9.0?

Edit: Added videos showcasing the two different versions of shadow for those that would like to see. The first video is from Warlords of Draenor, second is in BfA.

EDIT 2: THEY DID IT! https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...ges/490697/116

EDIT 3: Compare Shadowlands Spriest to previous iterations:

Last edited by united; 2020-10-13 at 05:26 PM.
    change can't wait.

Why did shadowpriests get in the first place? Fits more to warlocks (aff)

I kind of hated shadow priest before the whole insanity thing and void form appeared. But I mean, I also always hated playing rogue until Outlaw came out, and while I never asked for it, I ended up really enjoying the melee survival hunter, so it's likely I just have weird tastes.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

I honestly think they should get rid of perma-shadowform and just replace void form with a temporary shadowform. having both shadowform and void form is unnecessary and making shadowform a cooldown gives it some meaning whereas currently it has none aside from aesthetic. I wanna be able to see my character and his gear not just a shadowy blob 100% of the time

(and maybe they could add a glyph that makes you slightly shadowy all the time to appease people who would be mad about this)

Void form seems very fun and I plan to play it in Shadowlands.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes please go away with voidform, i did however liked the wod insanity style (with the trinket)
    Get in my Belly!

Quote Originally Posted by gd8 View Post
    I honestly think they should get rid of perma-shadowform and just replace void form with a temporary shadowform. having both shadowform and void form is unnecessary and making shadowform a cooldown gives it some meaning whereas currently it has none aside from aesthetic. I wanna be able to see my character and his gear not just a shadowy blob 100% of the time

(and maybe they could add a glyph that makes you slightly shadowy all the time to appease people who would be mad about this)
    Isn't there a glyph for no shadowform?
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    There's a glyph for reduced shadowform but not completely removing it.

I do wish they'd make Shadowform less of a thing though. Give us a reason to drop out of it, like to cast an off heal or something. Like back in the old days.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    i just want the old shadow form visuals back
    im cool pls respodn

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    Old gods are gonna go down in 8.3. Do you think they should remove void gods/old god aesthetic and go back to shadow in 9.0?
    I wish there was a talent that remove void form and give us an replacement at least. And yes, one possiblitiy could be to go back to shadow orbs and Devouring plague. So one Talent Row that let us either strengthen void form or rejecting it and give us something different. I personally REALLY hate void form.

No, and add back in a Mind Spike / Devouring Plague alternate route for players or encounters.

I actually really like Void Form as a choice or the AoE route, but it's really a huge bummer that the additional bursty-single target shadow priest is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    baseline shadowform is entirely just a purple blob but glyphed shadowform reduces it however you can still barely see your character even with the glyph though

Quote Originally Posted by actiwe View Post
    Why did shadowpriests get in the first place? Fits more to warlocks (aff)
    What part of warlock (fel/demon based) made you think it would be fit to have void elements?

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20160313175241

Unholy DK would be closer to Void even than Warlocks, or Arcane mage according to the chart.

I don't think they should remove it though from Shadow priest. It fits well enough, although I would agree the cosmetic effect could use tweaking/more options.

As a huge existential horror and HP Lovecraft fan, I really, really enjoy the flavor of Shadowpriest since Legion.

The mechanics, a bit less so.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

I actually really love voidform. The old devouring plague/combo point style was pretty boring to me.

I hate voidform. The fact that you could theoretically have 200 stacks but only get like 30 when you play it suggests that you are always not playing right even if 30 stacks are basically the best you can reach with your gear.
    Also I hate the general concept of voidform. Doing less damage in normal form and having to build up your dps form sucks for short fights and for burst windows.

WoD shadow was my favourite spec of all time closely followed by MoP shadow. Voidform made me reroll.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think Void Form should be an optional talent that replaces a more traditional Shadow Priest mechanic, like the orbs or whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    Old gods are gonna go down in 8.3. Do you think they should remove void gods/old god aesthetic and go back to shadow in 9.0
    Void Form is not the Old Gods / Void Gods aesthetic. It's just the Void style, as in, Void Magic, and Old Gods don't have full command of the Void. Like the Shadow Priest, the Old Gods and Void beings just use the Void, but they are way, way stronger than a Priest doing it.

4.3 Dragon Soul Shadow was the best.

Voidform has too many mechanical downsides and should just be killed off.

From a balancing perspective they have absolutely no idea how to balance shadow priests around having the ramp up time and the builder spender standard spec that ALSO has to manage going in and out of a form.

They need to get rid of voidform and insanity in its current iteration (preferrably, completely) and even just roll back to a shadow orb system until they actually want to sit down and do some class design properly.

duck off with your orb gameplay.... i never wanna see that shit again

Edit: Quack
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2019-12-15 at 11:33 PM.