Poll: Should they remove void form?

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I'd much rather see the current version being improved than going back to orbs. Voidform is fine and unique but they need to make it more fun and rewarding.

Lorewise, shadow priest pre-legion was all over the place, no real identity.

I think the shadow priest before legion is a regular builder/spender build like 80% of the classes in this game. On the other hand, the insanity build is something entirely unique to shadow priest, only remotely similar to breath of sindragosa death Knights.

So if you want the old shadow priest you have 20 other specs similar to that, as the insanity build is unique, we need more unique specs and less regular builder/spender builds

Absolutely loathe it. Having main'd a Priest since TBC it was one of the contributing factors of making me quit WoW soon into the launch of BfA. Hated it in Legion, and I had zero interest playing Legion 2.0 . More so when they made SW: Death a FUCKING Talent!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
    4.3 Dragon Soul Shadow was the best.

Voidform has too many mechanical downsides and should just be killed off.
    Thank fucking God. I was scrolling through this thread and wondering if anybody here actually played WoD Shadow lmfao. It was garbage. MoP Shadow was better with snapshotting (though still a pretty shitty version of an Aff lock). The only thing I remember about WoD Shadow is annoying my raid by having to kill trash mobs outside HFC every fucking pull. (Thanks based Legendary ring.) Meh. DoTweave CoP was kinda cool but not really interesting enough to care strongly about. But really, 4.3 Shadow has everything Shadow players have complained about since Blizzard decided to redesign the spec for no fucking reason. Strong multi target? Got it. Good AE? Yep. Scales fine? Yep. Brings great utility? Old VE > new VE. Has a DPS cooldown? Yes x2 with T13 set bonus. I really have no idea why Blizzard keeps trying to reinvent the spec when they already got everything right once before.

5+ Year Old Account
    Lore-wise they could still draw power from the void/void-lords themselves. Plus Alleria and other VEs are able to harness void magic without either, so they can also do that.

So it can easily still stay in the game. But can they just kill the spec because I hate it? Sure. Playing shadow feels awful.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Mechagnome
    5+ Year Old Account
    Kind of torn for leveling I LOVED Void form, it was a decent cooldown to quickly kill off packs or burn an elite. But raid wise it really fell off. I feel there is certainly a place for the style play but I am not smart enough in game design to fit a happy medium.

Quote Originally Posted by gd8 View Post
    I honestly think they should get rid of perma-shadowform and just replace void form with a temporary shadowform. having both shadowform and void form is unnecessary and making shadowform a cooldown gives it some meaning whereas currently it has none aside from aesthetic. I wanna be able to see my character and his gear not just a shadowy blob 100% of the time

(and maybe they could add a glyph that makes you slightly shadowy all the time to appease people who would be mad about this)
    Agreed. It's even worse when you're a Void Elf - You're a dark purple guy who's racials sometimes proc some purple magic, and then via Shadowform you're more dark purple, and then in Voidform you shit dark purple all around you and in 8.3 they're introducing Corrupted gear which makes your character glow dark purple.

At some point I think the fantasy has been sufficiently fulfilled.

I like void theme, but mechanically it's been a dumpster fire since the moment it was introduced. Sure, once we got past the StM times, it stopped being cancer and became more of a STD, but that's still not good enough. The simple fact that it's better to go disc for leveling and early world content is a good enough reason to take a hard look at the spec. Sure, it's pretty fun to play in raids and in high M+, but that's not all there is to the game.

I don't necessarily want VF to go the way of the dodo, but it needs to change. The ramp just too hard for blizz to balance, they had 2 expansions to do so and still failed miserably. That said, I would not want to go back to dot weaving. That was just a gimmicky outcome of poorly thought out talents, much like StM was. But I do like the idea of a burn phase, I just think that's Dragon Soul's tier set was a much better implementation. And it worked much smoother than dot weaving.

And they need to sort their shit when it comes to talents. When an AoE damage burst talent is the best choice for pure ST, things are fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by gd8 View Post
    I honestly think they should get rid of perma-shadowform and just replace void form with a temporary shadowform. having both shadowform and void form is unnecessary and making shadowform a cooldown gives it some meaning whereas currently it has none aside from aesthetic. I wanna be able to see my character and his gear not just a shadowy blob 100% of the time

(and maybe they could add a glyph that makes you slightly shadowy all the time to appease people who would be mad about this)
    Shadowform got me through life before transmog

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Echeyakee View Post
    I like void theme, but mechanically it's been a dumpster fire since the moment it was introduced. Sure, once we got past the StM times, it stopped being cancer and became more of a STD, but that's still not good enough. The simple fact that it's better to go disc for leveling and early world content is a good enough reason to take a hard look at the spec. Sure, it's pretty fun to play in raids and in high M+, but that's not all there is to the game.

I don't necessarily want VF to go the way of the dodo, but it needs to change. The ramp just too hard for blizz to balance, they had 2 expansions to do so and still failed miserably. That said, I would not want to go back to dot weaving. That was just a gimmicky outcome of poorly thought out talents, much like StM was. But I do like the idea of a burn phase, I just think that's Dragon Soul's tier set was a much better implementation. And it worked much smoother than dot weaving.

And they need to sort their shit when it comes to talents. When an AoE damage burst talent is the best choice for pure ST, things are fucked.
    I honestly couldn't have said it better myself. I'm just really really hoping next expansion gives shadow the rework it really needs(and our original shadowform visual back).
    Pokemon Shield
    FC: SW-6999-1982-1088
    Name: Awesome
    Always ready to battle!

10+ Year Old Account
    Make voidform a cooldown. I don't like the whole insanity thing.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

The main thing I like about it, is that I get to float around like a banshee. xD So provided we get some sort of skill that gives us that for a while as Shadow, I don't mind if we lose void form. Although I also prefer the purple glow from voidform compared to the default shadowform visual.
    Let my cries chill the living...

Give me a new Void class and maybe I will respect those wanting Voidform to be removed.

If you can't acknowledge the fact that Shadow is the only Void spec in the game and want that to be removed too, then I don't know what else to say.

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can live with and play with Void form. But given the option, yes, I'd like to see it removed.

IMHO WoD shadow priest got several things right. The level 100 talents gave you options of completely different rotations and playstyles; they were just not tuned properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Absolutely loathe it. Having main'd a Priest since TBC it was one of the contributing factors of making me quit WoW soon into the launch of BfA. Hated it in Legion, and I had zero interest playing Legion 2.0 . More so when they made SW: Death a FUCKING Talent!!!
    I still don't understand the thought process of making that spell a talent. Ran out of time to come up with a different talent idea? Ion did say they ran out of time for Shadow at the beginning of the expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    Lore-wise they could still draw power from the void/void-lords themselves. Plus Alleria and other VEs are able to harness void magic without either, so they can also do that.

So it can easily still stay in the game. But can they just kill the spec because I hate it? Sure. Playing shadow feels awful.
    My problem with void form (especially in BfA) is that Shadow as a result is either overpowered or terrible, with no in between. I think that after two expansions, they've demonstrated enough that void form is a pain to design around, which is why I personally think it should go.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanesh View Post
    The main thing I like about it, is that I get to float around like a banshee. xD So provided we get some sort of skill that gives us that for a while as Shadow, I don't mind if we lose void form. Although I also prefer the purple glow from voidform compared to the default shadowform visual.
    I love the whole floating aesthetic they gave priests with BfA's new animations. By far the best looking out of all the classes. I would love if there was a glyph to get improved shadowform visuals, and replace those tentacles with dark archangel wings for example.
    change can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Give me a new Void class and maybe I will respect those wanting Voidform to be removed.

If you can't acknowledge the fact that Shadow is the only Void spec in the game and want that to be removed too, then I don't know what else to say.
    I echo this too to be honest. I do love the Void theme and it would be great if it was given to another class if they took it from us. Kinda wish they'd go all in with it on priests if they are making it the theme of our DPS spec. Give us more tentacles and void/gravity spells, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    I love the whole floating aesthetic they gave priests with BfA's new animations. By far the best looking out of all the classes. I would love if there was a glyph to get improved shadowform visuals, and replace those tentacles with dark archangel wings for example.
    Yeah, ooo it would be cool if we could have the floaty shadow banshee tendrils as a glyph, like when Sylvanas goes banshee form. Or even chains or just general shadowy looking rags. Give us more glyphs Blizzard.

I'm hoping that the reason the glyph system has been pretty much abandoned in BfA (unless you're a frost mage) is because they are planning something cool with it for SL. Considering how they are pushing for us to finally have more customisation, maybe we'll see more glyphs for everybody.
    Last edited by Xanesh; 2019-11-18 at 04:30 PM.
    Let my cries chill the living...

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    What part of warlock (fel/demon based) made you think it would be fit to have void elements?

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20160313175241

Unholy DK would be closer to Void even than Warlocks, or Arcane mage according to the chart.

I don't think they should remove it though from Shadow priest. It fits well enough, although I would agree the cosmetic effect could use tweaking/more options.
    Lots of our spells are Shadow magic, I have 0 fel magic spells

I love mechanics like priest void form and former Demo meta with the demonic fury bar. Then again, I have only ever played those 2 specs as alts, so it's not my place to judge.

Well, since Chronicle brought to us "Shadow (Void)", "Voidform" is technically "Shadowform-but-with-a-different-name".

Plus, Voidform's mechanics are lackluster, mostly unfun and can not be balanced correctly (as are DoTs), so yeah, let's just remove this shit

I played Shadow for 15 years and I played it no matter what was the spec at the time. I enjoyed pretty much all of them, with a soft spot for CoP when questing, screwing around and hell... even raiding and also late Legion, where I enjoyed the minigame of staying in Voidform as long as possible.

BfA seems just... half assed, that's it. Well'see what 9.0 shits out for us.