Poll: Should they remove void form?

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Hm?
    "Shadow may refer to:

Void
    The Void, a cosmic force commonly referred to as "Shadow".
    Shadow, a type of magic derived from the Void.." - https://wow.gamepedia.com/Shadow_(disambiguation)
    I've always thought that Shadow was rather ambivalent when it comes to a specific theme. A sort of generic evil power that contained elements of necromancy, soul magic, voodoo, etc.

While the Void is very singular in theme. Pertaining always to the Old Gods or the Void Lords. The current shadow priest is thematically a cultist to the Void, where the old shadow priest was sort of just a generic evil priest who seemed that they could draw their power from a myriad of different dark forces.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I've always thought that Shadow was rather ambivalent when it comes to a specific theme. A sort of generic evil power that contained elements of necromancy, soul magic, voodoo, etc.

While the Void is very singular in theme. Pertaining always to the Old Gods or the Void Lords. The current shadow priest is thematically a cultist to the Void, where the old shadow priest was sort of just a generic evil priest who seemed that they could draw their power from a myriad of different dark forces.
    Well this is what Chronicle states, of course you could take that with a grain of salt

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Isn't there a glyph for no shadowform?
    Wish there was a way to outright remove the look, sadly its just less with this. I want to see my gear and show off my transmog.

Quote Originally Posted by Blowmeup View Post
    I cant believe how many of you liked Orbs. I felt like it went against everything that spec was. Was boring and felt clunky comparatively to other Builder Spender specs
    Compared to the crap that is Void Form, Shadow Orbs are actually the best thing in existence.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should rework shadow form into something else. As it stands now, it's just a simple button to press once you changed specialization, nothing interesting about it. Either go back to roots and allow two completely different sets of abilities inside the form and outside the form or make it a cooldown.

Here's my suggestions:
    Outside of shadow form: potent heals without damage penalty; armour bonus; good single target damage, moderate multi-dot damage.
    Inside the shadow form: heals induce damage penalty; pw:shield; anti magic damage bonus; moderate single target damage; good aoe and multi-dot damage.

Switching form has 30 seconds cooldown.

Also each form has separate DPS and survival cooldowns, so to maximize potential you have to plan your form usage and use both forms.
    Last edited by vsb; 2020-03-09 at 08:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I don't think they're at all the same - embers are generated gradually, you got a whole orb at once - and you only spend embers on chaos bolt - shadow orbs could be used for damage, CC etc, more versatile

They could perhaps combine the gameplay, the more orbs you have the more shadowy you appear and higher your haste becomes (but obviously tune it so whatever costs orbs is definitely worth casting etc)
    No that was garbage. My stun requiring Orbs was the dumbest shit ever. Shadow Orbs can stay in the garbage where they belong.

I've grown to like it a lot more, but I wouldn't mind a few more tweaks.

-Remove unnecessary clutter by removing Void Eruption "cast time" in PVE environment. We can cast it instantly in PVP with the Void Origins talent.
    -Change the "sprout" look, by reducing amount of tentacles. Or infuse the form with different shadow/holy elements. Like a MoP cloak or Tyrael wings.

I hope that the spec will improve in the future.

15+ Year Old Account
    I dislike almost everything that happened to shadow since LK.

i always preferred old shadow, before they became tentacle mages.

The whole gameplay point of old Shadowform was to prevent Shadow Priests from easily healing while they were doing their regular DPS.
    I guess it servers a similar purpose to old Moonkin form which also prevented druids from doing most healing spells while in their Dps form.
    It was also visually noticable so in PVP you could tell was it a DPS priest/druid or a healer.

I dont know why were Elemental Shamans never subjected to the same "concepts"...

These days Shadowform is no longer related to disabling healing spells and imho it looks ugly as hell (just purple vomit over character).
    It should be a visually optional thing since a lot of players do like seeing their character and gear without it all being drowned in purple.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Same. MoP SPriest was okay, but if they would've just iterated on WotLK SPriest + T10 baked in it would've been an amazing fucking spec.

But nope, everything had to be turned into a Rogue with a builder and a spender.

I just dislike the exponential damage increase gameplay they've forced on spriest in legion. They were obviously not prepared to balance it, and now devs are way to cautious with buffs and heavy handed with nerfs. It was always a consistent spec before, something I very much enjoyed, now it feels a lot more twitchy.

With the new leveling bonus,

I am leveling a shadow priest to "learn the class",

What a joke, seriously, I feel like John Snow leveling with this shit spec.

*you learn nothing*

I wouldn't mind void form if it had more up time. If you could get it up and going in like, 20 seconds, up for around 8-12 seconds. Then questing would also suck less. You wouldn't blow it on one mob that dies in 2 seconds, then not have it for several mobs later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Void form/Spriest was perfect during Emerald Nightmare and The Nighthold - honestly Legion Spriest felt pretty good all around. Death should be baseline, Void torrent should be baseline, Power Infusion needs to come back and Call of the Void or w/e spawned the tentacles needs to be a talent. It felt extremely good to have a very fast paced dot caster. Getting upwards of 60-70 stacks felt great. Managing surrender to madness for 100+ seconds felt great. All they needed to do was adjust the damage, not the play style.

Feels horrible now to build, go in for ~35 seconds and come out. This is even worse doing world content/dungeons. Although shadow still felt pretty bad in dungeons and world content in Legion, it was still fun to play in raids....now it's just bland all around.

Other form of Spriest that I loved was MoP. Loved it more in PvP than PvE, but was still extremely fun.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...veloper-update

Looks like we'll be seeing what's in store for priests very soon.
    change can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    This.

Screw the orbs, the Ravens, the combo points, and voidform.

Insanity mechanic staying in SL... fs.

I'd like to see removal of Void Form as well as removal of Insanity just like they're removing Maelstrom - Take the Rogue out of the class!

A return of MoP's Mastery (all dots cast by a Shadow Priest have a % chance to tick twice each time they deal damage). Wrath's T10 baked into the spec (Mind Flay channels much faster). Here's hoping >v<

To compensate for the loss of Void Form, Mind Sear could instantly cast SW:P on all targets within 8 yards of the primary target. Casting Mind Blast strikes all targets afflicted with SW:P for 50% damage.

Shadow Orbs were hit and miss, I didn't mind them because they built passively and empowered DP.
    Last edited by Laqweeta; 2020-04-07 at 05:58 PM.

Insanity and void form are staying ://////
    change can't wait.