Poll: Should they remove void form?

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    And they want to bring back Surrender to Madness... they really don't get it, do they?

Players: Why did you make SW: Death a talent?

Blizzard: Why don't we design the entire class around this talent instead? ::raised eyebrow::

F in chat.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Players: Why did you make SW: Death a talent?

Blizzard: Why don't we design the entire class around this talent instead? ::raised eyebrow::
    Relapses... a name I haven’t heard in eons.

Speaking in what seems like eons, I for one miss the old school: dot, dot MB on cd, and flay filler. But alas I’m too boring, and miss the low skill cap of having fewer buttons to press. Then again I haven’t raided in almost eight years.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Insanity mechanic staying in SL... fs.
    Yeah... I'd like to have a resource like Shadow Orbs again. Hell, they could even rename it to Void
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Yeah... I'd like to have a resource like Shadow Orbs again. Hell, they could even rename it to Void
    I don't like Voidform, however shadow orbs & dotweaving were the absolute worst..

I could care less what my character looks like, but Legion Shadow was the most fun any spec in the entire history of the game has ever been. They nerfed the fun quite a bit with BFA, but the the theme is still solid. Shadow orbs were the worst.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
    4.3 Dragon Soul Shadow was the best.

Voidform has too many mechanical downsides and should just be killed off.
    Mechanical downsides.... like going 2 minutes on pull before getting 3x Shadow Orbs because the RNG gods decided to frown upon you that day?

10+ Year Old Account
    i didn't play priest in BFA, but why remove it? I loved it during Legion
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neuroticaine View Post
    I could care less what my character looks like, but Legion Shadow was the most fun any spec in the entire history of the game has ever been. They nerfed the fun quite a bit with BFA, but the the theme is still solid. Shadow orbs were the worst.

- - - Updated - - -

Mechanical downsides.... like going 2 minutes on pull before getting 3x Shadow Orbs because the RNG gods decided to frown upon you that day?
    Funny how opinions can be so divided.
    I am at the exact opposite on this. Legion pigeonholed shadow in a void with a dagger and insanity... well I liked staves, orbs, ravens and mana more.

Insanity resource is such a drag.. I hope they change their minds or else shadow will not the spec I will play anymore. Kinda done with how they handeld the spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Funny how opinions can be so divided.
    I am at the exact opposite on this. Legion pigeonholed shadow in a void with a dagger and insanity... well I liked staves, orbs, ravens and mana more.

Insanity resource is such a drag.. I hope they change their minds or else shadow will not the spec I will play anymore. Kinda done with how they handeld the spec.
    Staves are perfectly viable without the legion artifact, so that's a non-issue. Ravens were a cool aesthetic, I'll grant you that. Mana was virtually nonexistent as a resource long before the insanity resource. I've been playing Shadow since TBC and the removal of insanity would be such a downgrade to me. Keep dots up, Mind Blast on cooldown, and Flay. That's it. Shadow Word: Death in executes and sear+multi dotting in AoE doesn't add much depth, especially if they keep Misery as a talent choice.

I wrote Dragonsoul. The mechincal downside didn't exist because the tier bonus eliminated it completely.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Staves are perfectly viable without the legion artifact, so that's a non-issue. Ravens were a cool aesthetic, I'll grant you that. Mana was virtually nonexistent as a resource long before the insanity resource. I've been playing Shadow since TBC and the removal of insanity would be such a downgrade to me. Keep dots up, Mind Blast on cooldown, and Flay. That's it. Shadow Word: Death in executes and sear+multi dotting in AoE doesn't add much depth, especially if they keep Misery as a talent choice.
    Misry was the only talent that made the rotation less buildy and was a welcome change when it came around.

Idk the vibe of the spec was ruined for me when legion got introduced. I never felt like I was one of these void cultists before the resource design.. and then bam yea you are this now. The mistery with shadow spec was then pushed into something that will never be my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinaa View Post
    I don't like Voidform, however shadow orbs & dotweaving were the absolute worst..
    Just awful. Was staunchly shadow from the beginning of TBC until Orbs came out. Horrifically clunky. They hated the way Holy power was used with something similar for paladins just to give it to shadow in a worse form. They actually tend to do that a lot with Shadow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mindp View Post
    Relapses... a name I haven’t heard in eons.

Speaking in what seems like eons, I for one miss the old school: dot, dot MB on cd, and flay filler. But alas I’m too boring, and miss the low skill cap of having fewer buttons to press. Then again I haven’t raided in almost eight years.
    Surprisingly enough it was considered on of the most difficult rotations in TBC and Wrath because of MF clipping and dot clipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
    I wrote Dragonsoul. The mechincal downside didn't exist because the tier bonus eliminated it completely.
    Which required a bandaid fix of a tier bonus. Then again, 2p bonus was also a bandaid fix to keep us from killing ourselves during Madness of Deathwing.

Fuckin remove it and also make disc priests like in Cata.

I don't understand how people can like voidform gameplay.

It's utterly and completely niche and clunky.

Shadows priests are either grossly overpowered or absolute garbage, no in between.

The fact that S2M talent is still a thing blows my mind.

It's absolutely slow and requires a ramp up time. It's known that spriests are terribly for M+, I would pick a dps with a lower ilvl than a higher ilvl spriest.

If Void Control is their answer, it's a pretty poor one.

Void form needs to remove or just make the insanity a true resource-you can gain or consume it voluntarily. S2M need to be threw away because any mechanisms about ramp-up will only make us terrible in M+, no matter it is mass hysteria or chorus of insanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    If Void Control is their answer, it's a pretty poor one.
    They already have the better version of void control they just refuse to bring it back.

Bring back Devouring plague, replaces void eruption, costs 80~ insanity (or scales with insanity spent), does damage to everything around the target. Can even make it a talent.
    Yeah it would need some other talents to be reworked or something, but it'd make so many people happy.

Void form killed shadow priest for me. Before hand it was quite methodical with how you apply your dots and maintain them while weaving mind blasts and looking for shadow word death targets. Now its a fucking mess where you go into this frantic panic in order to maintain this thing for as long as you can, and i just never ever feel good about using void form, it turns shadow into a completely different class.
    I dont hate the way the gameplay feels, i just hate it on shadow. i think that it would work better on arcane mages who have their frantic 'spend phase' or fury warriors who should have a frantic berserk phase.
    It completely fucks with my keybinds too, you get a button that does nothing for a long time then you have to mash it every 2 seconds. shadow has always had a ton of keybinds as it was.
    also our aoe is still absolute garbage gameplay wise.