Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Unhappy Anyone else feel like BfA is already over story wise?

It's not even the last patch yet and I feel like they could end it now and have no story ramifications. They've taken one of the most anticipated villains in Warcraft history and shoved him into a literally irrelevant patch with zero continuity.

They should have done a WoD and killed it off after 2 raids, just imply that N'zoth is watching and waiting until he gets his own xpac, I'd take that any day rather than butchering good potential even further. Putting him in as a side-arc while they are roleplaying Game of Thrones is not only an insult but a massive waste of a well anticipated villain.

I guess that's what happens when you roll a dice and land on the B-Team expansion though. Super salty they've swept my voidy boy under the rug with a casual "maybe later" and not even the slightest effect on the world.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

For me, it ended with the War Campaign and Sylvanas going rogue. I know it's "important" that N'Zoth hits the dust but I just can't care for some reason.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

The reason N'zoth has been hidden from marketing is because they know the average players don't care about Old Gods as much as Sylvanas/faction bullshit.

BfA was basically the N'Zoth expansion. He has been part of the story since the start, just not quite in the center - but thats not where Old Gods belong. They operate from the shadows, spreading their influence.

Being the final boss in an expansion and getting a variety of different content tailored to him is already quite a lot more then any of this breathren got, who were killed off in mid-content patches without much drama at all.

Tbh, the last patch feels entirely tacked on and irrelevant to me. It's supposed to somehow tie the whole azerite story into a neat bow, but from what we've seen the actual cause doesn't seem to get adresed at all - the giant ass sword is still stuck in the planet. Instead we kill some old god, which we unleashed ourselves and since all things happen in zones no one cares about or instanced alternate realities nothing about the patch strikes me as particularily urgent or present.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    BfA was basically the N'Zoth expansion. He has been part of the story since the start, just not quite in the center - but thats not where Old Gods belong. They operate from the shadows, spreading their influence.
    Yeah, but the new casual playerbase doesn't give a shit about the lore: they only like the shiny celebrity lore figures like Illidan and Sylvanas.

That's why N'zoth is not the focus of his own expansion, and Sargeras only appears for fifteen seconds in World of Warcraft.

Especially since Blizzard set up clear precedence with the Warbringers:

Jaina was a Warbringer, was the final raid boss of 8.1, and survived;
    Azshara was a Warbringer, was the final raid boss of 8.2, was resuscitated by N'Zoth (survived);
    Sylvanas was a Warbringer... got a six minute mak'gora cinematic in 8.2.5, and survived.

The narrative was shaped for Sylvanas to be the raid boss of 8.3, and to survive it. All the promotional materials and the expansion pre-event focused on the Blood War as the big thing! of the expansion—making it the first expansion where the theme of the end boss wasn't involved in that stuff (WoD came close, but demons were at least present in the cinematic trailer in the form of Mannoroth, and Grom was originally intended to be the final boss but they changed their mind for... Reasons...)

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Yeah, but the new casual playerbase doesn't give a shit about the lore: they only like the shiny celebrity lore figures like Illidan and Sylvanas.

That's why N'zoth is not the focus of his own expansion, and Sargeras only appears for fifteen seconds in World of Warcraft.
    Don't act as if thats a new development. Thats how WoW story has always played out. There is one or two super-evils that are popular with the players, and Old Gods just don't fit that theme.

BC = Illidan the first time
    Wrath = Lich King, he even visited you in questing zones. Yogg-Saron was just something you killed along the way.
    Cata = Deathwing
    MoP = Garrosh
    WoD = We all know WoD story was lacking, but this is where Khadgar started being annoying
    Last edited by Nevcairiel; 2019-11-16 at 09:51 PM.

Yeah, I've seen haters spreading this kind of BS before. If you really try, you will always find something to latch onto to criticize the game.

N'zoth was foreshadowed as the final villain since before the release of BfA, that fact that you were tricked into thinking bfa is about faction conflict just goes to show the story telling of wow isn't that bad after all

Did they settle the Azeroth wound plotline? Either in 8.3 or Shadowlands?
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Yup. Old Gods have always been filler content, it’s hard to get excited for such a boring villain. The expansion ended in 8.2.5, this is the equivalent of Ruby Sanctum with some tie in world content. An extra patch once the main plot has been resolved.

Him being obviously foreshadowed means nothing because everyone with a braincell knew we’d slap the bitch into Oblivion as soon as he popped his head round. N’zoth’s background scheming was a meaningless side element.

It certainly feels that Shadowlands can start where 8.2.5 ended. As it currently stands 8.3 feels irrelevant. Unless they surprise us with some big plot twist that we have no idea about.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    To me 8.3 feels absolutely irrelevant and even filler like. Argus felt like the most important chapter of Legion. Nyalotha feels like a filler tier between two expansions. I am not able to be hyped by anything about it knowing we gonna totally scrap everything we have there minutes after we go into the Shadowlands.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Was watching a Bellular video today and he was speculating from some of the NPC chat in game. That N'zoth may survive the encounter in the next raid so it will be interesting if it is true or not..

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Not really. As we've now found out - Sylvanas ignited the faction war to send more souls to the Shadowlands.

What does Nzoth have to do with Shadowlands? Nothing.
    He means that there wont be a separate Nzoth expansion and this was the expansion they thought he would fit in the best. It doesnt have to be tied into the next expansion to be part of the story atm.

The expansion was heavily influenced and pointing towards Nzoth which was a story line for BFA.
    And the faction war / Sylvanas motives is the overarching story to propel us into Shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    It's not even the last patch yet and I feel like they could end it now and have no story ramifications. They've taken one of the most anticipated villains in Warcraft history and shoved him into a literally irrelevant patch with zero continuity.

They should have done a WoD and killed it off after 2 raids, just imply that N'zoth is watching and waiting until he gets his own xpac, I'd take that any day rather than butchering good potential even further. Putting him in as a side-arc while they are roleplaying Game of Thrones is not only an insult but a massive waste of a well anticipated villain.

I guess that's what happens when you roll a dice and land on the B-Team expansion though. Super salty they've swept my voidy boy under the rug with a casual "maybe later" and not even the slightest effect on the world.
    Yeah absolutely. N'zoth is more like fallout we have to deal with, the real story is what happens with Sylvanas. Clearly the logical conclusion to the story would have been a raid on Orgrimmar with Sylvanas being the last boss, but that would've been like SoO, literally, and they wrote themselves into a corner so they had to have her fuck off in a cinematic.

It's not BFA's fault. It's always like this when the final patch gets datamined and Blizzard also announces the next expansion and tells us whats going to happen there.

10+ Year Old Account
    The reason N'zoth has been hidden from marketing is because they know the average players don't care about Old Gods as much as Sylvanas/faction bullshit.
    I don't even know why.

IT ended, after 8.1 If you ask me. Going into BFA it was all about the Zandarli Empire, and the Kul tiras, how our facts needed the Navy of either faction. The quests, all showing us more of these empires we knew nothing about. And then an amazing raid.... And then the focus shifted. In my eyes BFA should of remained about the Zandalari, and the Kul tiras, instead of going to Azshara, Slyvannas and Nzoth always said BFA had a good start, but the middle, was disappointing, and the End seems to be the same.

I Mean come on people for years wanted to explore Nylotha with it just being a raid not a zone, what a disappointment

Average player doesn't even care about the Sylvanas/faction war bullshit. Just the PVP try hards who don't realize Warcraft was always most popular with Legion/Scourge stories/expansions. Mists of Pandaria was the exception because of how well it was done.