Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    So this tweet is super telling and is backed up by how elections since 2016 have taken place.

https://twitter.com/SenhorRaposa/sta...658960896?s=19

Just as rural northern whites are starting to vote like their southern counterparts, southern suburbanites are starting to vote like their northern counterparts.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    So this tweet is super telling and is backed up by how elections since 2016 have taken place.

Yep. It's the rural/urban divide with the suburbs as the swing. The educated, women and the ethnically diverse versus the yokels and backward predominantly white males.

Demographics is still very much destiny and every year there are fewer and fewer people in this Trumpublicans column.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Should note that Trump visited here TWICE in the last two weeks to campaign for Phony Rispone. Though Rispone's entire campaign was pretty much "HEY, HEY LOOK, TRUMP LIKES ME"

But there's still the lingering shit the GOP has here in Louisiana: Republicans drove this state into the ground and even though its poorly educated, even the poorly educated are aware of this. Not to mention Edwards has secured pretty much the entire state worker vote by giving them their first raise.... ever. Risponse wasn't promising much, but one thing he was promising was killing the shit out of state jobs.

I'm not sure what kind of call this lose is for the GOP. I mean yes, he's a Trump man, and he lost. But he also was reprehensible to an extreme: he was a joke at any debate since he quiet litterally had no clue what he was talking about. He outright lied, constantly, openly, called out for it by everyone, and kept on trucking. Hell had a good laugh when he was called a racist and a day later his new campaign ad featured him and his family and oh look at that a black grandchild no ones seen before.

That it was THIS CLOSE for someone who had no stance other than "I hate you all, Trumps dick tastes delicious" and was so open about how terrible he was, its a bit scary.
    It's a LOT scary. And as badly as this turned out, with it being so close and all, it almost was quite a bit worse.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Congrats to Edward. A good win for the democrats. And this is the example of how you can beat Trump....Democrats who argue that nominating a moderate presidential candidate is the best approach to beat Trump are certain to point to Louisiana's race as bolstering their case. Edwards, a U.S. Military Academy graduate and former Army Ranger, opposes gun restrictions, signed one of the nation's strictest abortion bans and dismissed the ongoing impeachment inquiry against the president as a distraction.
    You have any cites for those claims? I kind of assume you do because you seem to be quoting a news source, but just curious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    It's a LOT scary. And as badly as this turned out, with it being so close and all, it almost was quite a bit worse.
    In most elections, the only three numbers that ultimately matter are 1, 0 and -1.

Considering Bel Edwards margin of victory is quite a bit larger than Beshears I'm not too flustered by it.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post

The interesting part is the general election turnout when compared to the all-party primary. The turnout increased by around 5% in the rural areas. It grew by 25% in New Orleans, Shreveport, Baton Rouge and the largest New Orleans suburbs. In fact voter turnout for this year Louisiana gubernatorial general election is higher than the 2016 Presidential election. I think Trump's visits to Louisiana ended lighting the fire underneath the urban and suburban voters.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    So Trump deleted a bunch of his pro-Rispone tweets... what a fucking child. As if deleting tweets will erase his shame in tanking another republican’s candidacy.
    Didn't a court ruled he couldn't do that since the tweets are part of his presidential record?

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Didn't a court ruled he couldn't do that since the tweets are part of his presidential record?
    I know he's not allowed to block people because his Twitter is considered an official government social media account rather than a personal account.

He can, they just have to be archived appropriately before he does so. I feel bad for the archivist in charge of his twitter feed...
    Not near as bad as the guy who has to stitch together torn up documents.

He can, they just have to be archived appropriately before he does so. I feel bad for the archivist in charge of his twitter feed...
    I feel worse for future generations that are going to be reading that.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    I feel worse for future generations that are going to be reading that.
    You are more optimistic about the state of our future educational system then I am. America doesn't remember its embarrassments, it forgets them. For future generations Trump will be the answer to a trivia question, not a chapter in their textbooks.

Which may be the cruelest thing we can do to Trump, forget him. We shouldn't though, we need to remember how democracy can elect such a man.

I think it says a lot that republicans now want to celebrate winning North Carolina and Mississippi that's like democrats celebrating for winning New York and California.

- - - Updated - - -

Isn't that the same thing republicans say about democrats?
    Well unlike the neocons, the rest of us can actually levy truckloads of facts against them.