Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Because if you get kicked early during the dungeon, you get the deserter debuff.

    That way people can't abuse it. For instance: tank queues for random dungeon, gets something he doesn't like/need, then proceeds to afk until team kicks him out so that he doesn't get deserter and can queue up for another one.
    A group of players kicking individuals out like this causes more trouble to said individual than any AFKing player can by being able to reque after being kicked.

    The guy who gets kicked out will reque and everyone will move on, whereas this way a player has to wait for the debuff to expire, being wrongfully blocked from accessing the finder.


    In reference to OP; they should definitely remove the deserted debuff for players who get kicked out of a finder party. It defies the very meaning of the word deserter, not to mention how it makes no sense that players are unable to que for another group just because the previous one got them removed.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2019-11-18 at 10:34 PM.

  2. #82
    Hey, here's a thought.

    How about just letting people play the spec they want to play, and as long as you can complete the
    damn thing you're set out to do without hassle...

    Don't be a dick about it, just shut up and play?

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoMana View Post
    What I heard was: Me, Me, Me. My, My My.
    Ok, you clearly made your point. You only care about your preferred spec and force everyone else around you to adapt to that.
    I don't force anyone to do anything. The game matchmakes me with them, lol. You're the one forcing people out of your group because they're healers and not DPS. Yes, in a game I pay to play, I am going to play what I want. You're forcing others to adapt to what you want. I don't punish people for their choices in the game, you do. You want others around you to cater to you, even though we all pay the same amount.

    What an exemplary statement of the anti-thesis to altruism you've made here. Narcissism at its finest.
    Last edited by Black Goat; 2019-11-19 at 06:43 PM.

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Goat View Post
    If you get kicked, I don't think there should be a deserter buff. This is a case of punishing the few for the actions of many, however. If Blizzard can't program it with enough detail to know who's abusing it and who's not, unfortunately everyone gets the shaft. Lame, I know.
    It is just because of The Nexus.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Goat View Post
    I don't force anyone to do anything. The game matchmakes me with them, lol. You're the one forcing people out of your group because they're healers and not DPS. Yes, in a game I pay to play, I am going to play what I want. You're forcing others to adapt to what you want. I don't punish people for their choices in the game, you do. You want others around you to cater to you, even though we all pay the same amount.
    I see. And I guess next part is you trying to tell me that the game actually forces you to queue in healer spec?
    "I didn't mean to be useless, the game just made me a healer! Blame the game!"

    Look, just queue as DPS and everyone has good time.
    Or be obtuse, queue as a healer, force everyone to carry you and come to MMOC to cry when they kick you.

    That's totally up to you mate.

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoMana View Post
    I see. And I guess next part is you trying to tell me that the game actually forces you to queue in healer spec?
    "I didn't mean to be useless, the game just made me a healer! Blame the game!"

    Look, just queue as DPS and everyone has good time.
    Or be obtuse, queue as a healer, force everyone to carry you and come to MMOC to cry when they kick you.

    That's totally up to you mate.
    No? I told you it was a personal choice in my first reply to you. Did you misunderstand my simple statement? Why do you have to make up fictional scenarios to justify your perspective? Are you secretly insecure about being a totally toxic player that people would avoid should you lose your anonymity? Does your belief not hold enough merit of its own that you have to make insults to feel witty and clever in substitute of being a good person? Seems so.

    All of that would be true assuming healers were useless, which they aren't. I'm sorry you can't see that you're the problem, attempting to dictate what players play when they randomly group with you. Once again, you display textbook narcissism by thinking your way of doing things is the norm' and everyone else is wrong.

    I've never been kicked from a group for being a healer. Pretty lame attempt at a jab, honestly.
    Last edited by Black Goat; 2019-11-19 at 11:33 PM.

  7. #87
    If you get the buff, just quest...talk to friends..troll trade chat..do something out of game for the 30 mins. Problem solved.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by FecundDecay View Post
    I'd argue that's not the "lesser" of two evils here.
    Speaking as someone who regularly ques up for instances on Druid, DK, DH, and Pally tanks - I can literally count on the fact that at least 6 out of every 10 instances I run will include some ass-hat DPS or healer running ahead of the group face-pulling shit and making the run generally un-tankable and obnoxious for the rest of the group. It is particularly irritating when the person is on a class that HAS a tank spec, and I have to wonder to myself - WHY not just QUE AS A TANK if you want to tank? Why wait 20-30+ minutes in the DPS que for an instance only to run around DPS-tanking like that? I can only conclude it's intentionally trolly behavior intended to annoy people.

    Even more frustrating is that half the time they've joined the group with one or more friends, and are thus immune to being kicked out and replaced with someone willing to play the actual gods damned role they queued up for. Hell - I finally hit 120 on my new Prot Warrior last night and had this happen to me with a monk healer - torpedoing ahead of the group endlessly and roundhouse-kick-spamming 5 groups at a time while the rest of us spent half the instance just chasing behind them trying to get a single ability in before things were out of range again. Luckily enough they were alone, so we were able to kick them out.

    This type of behavior is horrid and completely ruins runs for a great deal of people - and they face literally no consequence for doing it.
    I simply can't imagine that the number of people "abusing" the vote to kick system to intentionally get themselves removed from dungeons they don't want to do would be higher than the number of people who think they're entitled to solo-pull entire instances when they're supposed to be letting the tank tank, healer heal, and do their job as a DPS player.

    Frankly, given the choice between the two of those situations - I'd rather have someone AFK their way out of a group over spending the whole run charging ahead chain-pulling shit and making it impossible to actually run the instance properly..... One of those is a slight inconvenience that would be quickly resolved by replacing them. The other completely ruins the entire run for the people in there trying to actually play.
    I mean like I agree with absolutely everything that you just wrote but I'm not sure what it has to do with the thread or the OP? Shitty people playing like crap and pulling when they are not the tank is a different topic than what this thread is. The people who are idiots and pull when not a tank are not the people that have any reason to want to be kicked at the start of a dungeon.
    Last edited by Firefall; 2019-11-20 at 10:18 PM.

  9. #89
    WC3 Megathreader Lilithvia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Posts
    2,655
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoMana View Post
    There's absolutely no reason for anyone to ever queue to any island as a healer. The fact that they do means they don't respect the time and effort the other two members are putting in to make the instance successful. It is disrespectful. Every healer has a dps off-spec, be nice and switch before you queue.
    lol no

    Healer gear is extremely specific to heal specs. Switching to DPS would lower their damage throughput by a significant margin. The more you talk, the more you reveal yourself as the asshole wanting a carry.
    MoanaLisa would probably be infracting this post... just sayin.


  10. #90
    Healer in islands is basically leeches or griefers and they know it, kick them to make a better community or island experience in general

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Healer gear is extremely specific to heal specs.
    Aahhahhhahhaa! Just get offspec gear like the rest of us.

  12. #92
    Herald of the Titans Lora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Some random weird place
    Posts
    2,605
    people abuse the kick ability to grief people. the system needs an overhaul.

    Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

  13. #93
    Kick + automatic deserter is bad design.

  14. #94
    WC3 Megathreader Lilithvia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Posts
    2,655
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoMana View Post
    Aahhahhhahhaa! Just get offspec gear like the rest of us.
    Lol why should I get a second set of gear just to carry YOU?

    You sound rather entitled.
    MoanaLisa would probably be infracting this post... just sayin.


  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Lol why should I get a second set of gear just to carry YOU?

    You sound rather entitled.
    So you’d rather grief people by joining with useless spec? I guess that’s your choice, but don’t be surprised when you get kicked. Most of the community plays nice, but there’s always griefers like you - this is why the kick function is important

  16. #96
    WC3 Megathreader Lilithvia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Posts
    2,655
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoMana View Post
    So you’d rather grief people by joining with useless spec? I guess that’s your choice, but don’t be surprised when you get kicked. Most of the community plays nice, but there’s always griefers like you - this is why the kick function is important
    Lolno

    I play DK and pull everything in islands; Id rather have a healer have my back incase I pull incompatible groups then a toxic dps who expects a carry.
    MoanaLisa would probably be infracting this post... just sayin.


  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Lolno

    I play DK and pull everything in islands; Id rather have a healer have my back incase I pull incompatible groups then a toxic dps who expects a carry.
    Why? You can pull the whole island and be done with two DPS much faster (especially if at least one of them is Unholy DK)? You're not going to die anyway and since you're a Blood DK, your healer (unless it's a disc) doesn't do much anyway.

    Making Island groups with healers in them baffles the crap out of me, unless you pick disc as your healer, what's the point at all? Kinda happy I spam islands with guildies, your group comp sounds frustratingly slow.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •