Question Looking for Cheap Shot spamming macro

Hi,
    I have a big issue. I realised that when I'm spamming following macro in stealth, I sometimes just go out of stealth and hit the target with a white autoattack. Is it possible to fix it, please? Thanks

#showtooltip
    /cast Cheap Shot
    /startattack
    /cleartarget
    /targetlasttarget

the one below doesn't work as well

#showtooltip
    /cleartarget
    /targetnearestenemy
    /cast Cheap Shot

If you don't want to start attacking I guess taking " /startattack" out of the macro would be good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get rid of /startattack. That's what making your auto attack turn on. Why is that even IN a Cheap Shot macro in the first place? Or put /stopattack if you're that worried.

/cleartarget is also redundant, as /targetlasttarget will override it. Also, Cheap Shot isn't like Sap, it doesn't break on damage, so why in seven hells are you even macroing in a target switch to it? Cheap Shot them and attack them for christ's sake!

Basically how the game works is, some abilities, when pressed, will turn on auto attack. Cheap Shot doesn't do this, to specifically prevent the issue you're having. But you literally macroed /startattack into Cheap Shot so that it would... turn on your auto attack. I have not the faintest clue what made you do such a thing.

Also I encourage all macro builders to use /use instead of /cast where possible, as it does the same thing (barring some differences for trinkets and items) but saves characters against the 255 limit.
    Last edited by Will; 2019-11-16 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    /cleartarget is also redundant, as /targetlasttarget will override it. Also, Cheap Shot isn't like Sap, it doesn't break on damage, so why in seven hells are you even macroing in a target switch to it? Cheap Shot them and attack them for christ's sake!
    Because he's trying to play ultra mega cheese and sap, cheap shot until he has maxed cp and then do opener with max cp already in play.

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalName View Post
    Because he's trying to play ultra mega cheese and sap, cheap shot until he has maxed cp and then do opener with max cp already in play.
    It wasnt part of vanilla or at least as popular and should be fixed

He’s trying to sap -> cheap shot and if cheap shot resists restealth and cheap shot again without breaking sap from an autoattack.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullshifts View Post
    He’s trying to sap -> cheap shot and if cheap shot resists restealth and cheap shot again without breaking sap from an autoattack.
    if cheap shot resists you are de-stealthed automatically, there is no way to macro around that.

I think OP is asking for a spammable CS that will auto target nearest enemy, like the spam sap macro. But it really isnt clear.

Quote Originally Posted by drbatman View Post
    if cheap shot resists you are de-stealthed automatically, there is no way to macro around that.

I think OP is asking for a spammable CS that will auto target nearest enemy, like the spam sap macro. But it really isnt clear.
    Yes, you are removed from stealth. However you can drop combat, re-stealth and cheap shot again before sap runs out if you're able to stopattack before the first whitehit breaks sap.

It was a thing on private servers, but I'm not sure if it's doable on classic. I'm willing to bet that's why he created this thread.

Sounds like some kind of coward macro.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullshifts View Post
    Yes, you are removed from stealth. However you can drop combat, re-stealth and cheap shot again before sap runs out if you're able to stopattack before the first whitehit breaks sap.

It was a thing on private servers, but I'm not sure if it's doable on classic. I'm willing to bet that's why he created this thread.
    omg!
    take start attack off CS, put it on your main builder, sinister strike or w/e else if you sub/assy.

there is 2 scenarios when a sapped target resists CS:

1- on a mob, where you can not restealth regardless of the macro, it will attack you till one of you are dead or you run away or vanish.
    2- on a player, in which case you stand there doing nothing for 6 seconds, press stealth and then have another 2 seconds to CS.

also sap before CS is not required, only sometimes is it handy.

macro are mainly for completing multiple actions at once that would be difficult or impossible for a human... 2 keystrokes in 8 seconds is not a situation for a macro.

this is very basic level play, not sure why anybody would want to make it so complicated, git gud, its ez