Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    that's stupid.

this is pretty much the way it worked up until wotlk, and the game has never done better since. adding caps, or soft caps, to anything that you can grind in a game is nothing but business bullshit.
    This was the way it worked up until the end of cata. And in cata the decline started. So these systems have little to do with WoW's success. And "business bullshit" is the only reason WoW still exists.

people want to be mindless dogs and bitch if they no life it and run out of content, tell them to deal with it. it all comes back to personal responsibility. you go out into the game, you pick what you want to do and you do it. you should have some form of comprehension that there will always be a limited amount of things to do. if you want to set some kind of limit so you feel like you always have things to do, that's your own prerogative.

Blizz can't tell them to deal with it, since they will just stop paying. The solution to this is to ditch the 1 month subscription option and only offer 3 months at a time. With this limitation your idea works decently. You just can't have the new content increase your characters powerlevel too much as that would break the balance of the game. And this wasn't even possible in vanilla as raids were limited and the only source of high-end equipment so no grinding your powerlevel there.

i don't want to be limited by anything but the actual existence of content to consume. if i want to throw on a tabard and do dungeons till i feel like i want to die, that's what i want to do. that's the way it should be. i repeatedly face the fact that even places like 4chan lacks the amount of entertainment i need to consume to not feel bored. i would need an unending stream of lore being produced by the minute to not be bored, and that's never going to happen. caps will do nothing but piss me off and make me bored faster.
    And with my suggestion you won't be limited. Maybe it should be worded differently, like exp. Think about this: Torghast will drop the legendary currency. This will be very very slow and tedious, like grinding reputation in classic (think of every legendary as a classic faction). BUT at the start of every weekly reset your legendary powerbar, which has normally the color yellow (or whatever will be used in SL), gets the color red. This works like the rested buff for exp but with factor 10. You grind X amount of legendary power, your powerbar will change to green and you will get 5 times as much power. But once you get X power again, it changes back to yellow and you get no bonus. You can still grind as much as you want, just without a bonus.

Does that sound better?
    Last edited by LordVargK; 2019-11-18 at 05:33 PM.

Where are you guys getting this first few a day drop quick. Grinded mobs for 15 min for a few days now. Got none. How

Quote Originally Posted by Nosgoth View Post
    But doesn't that discourage playing? If I can get something done for the day in 5 minutes, and after that it is hours of playing to achieve the same thing in several hours, doesn't that just tell me that it is better to just wait for the next day and invest as little time as possible.
    I feel like you forget that there's... other things to do in WoW. Like, I'd personally vastly prefer if 90% of my game time wasn't taken up fully by end-game chores and busy work just to barely keep up with other players who did all the same shit three months ago and are further ahead of me.

I want to play WoW, but I'd like to do some of the other fun things that exist in the game. Not just "grind Mechagon and Nazj on my eighth character because tanks need those essences"
    "I have watched the other races... I have seen their squabbling, their ruthlessness. Their wars do nothing but scar the land, and drive the wild things to extinction. No, they cannot be trusted. Only beasts are above deceit." - Rexxar

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    control yourself and set your own cap.
    That is highly naive. People will follow the optimal strategy once they discover it. If grinding is the most efficient way to achieve their goals, they will grind.

and that players will be able to do Torghast as much as they like.
    This is unconfirmed, they've stated the opposite.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=296035/...ing-pathfinder

Q: Can you repeat Torghast as many times as you want on the same day? is it a weekly lockout? Is it similar to the Withered Army Training scenario?
    A: Currently, we're still thinking about it, TBD, but probably something similar to the Withered Training Scenario. In the end, we want it to be something that you may want to at least try to progress through once a week.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1c3 View Post
    I feel like you forget that there's... other things to do in WoW. Like, I'd personally vastly prefer if 90% of my game time wasn't taken up fully by end-game chores and busy work just to barely keep up with other players who did all the same shit three months ago and are further ahead of me.

I want to play WoW, but I'd like to do some of the other fun things that exist in the game. Not just "grind Mechagon and Nazj on my eighth character because tanks need those essences"
    Did I disagree with that anywhere?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    This is unconfirmed, they've stated the opposite.
    Nope. They've said this outright at Blizzcon. You'll be able to do Torghast as much as you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    That is highly naive. People will follow the optimal strategy once they discover it. If grinding is the most efficient way to achieve their goals, they will grind.
    read above, Blizzard is setting a cap, they just haven't decided on it yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Nope. They've said this outright at Blizzcon. You'll be able to do Torghast as much as you like.
    And this is a QA from the developer working on it. AT BLIZZCON. So again, I'm more likely to listen to the QA from Blizzcon, that you conveniently cut out of your quote to make you look correct, then the hype of the moment what's next panel from someone not even working on it.
    Last edited by Zyky; 2019-11-18 at 10:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Yes indeed, I'm aware of that, I was not responding to you re Torgoth.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    And this is a QA from the developer working on it. AT BLIZZCON. So again, I'm more likely to listen to the QA from Blizzcon, that you conveniently cut out of your quote to make you look correct, then the hype of the moment what's next panel from someone not even working on it.
    What are you talking about? Ion presented the "what's next" panel.