Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth-Piekus View Post
    Yes an impact of toxicity. To exist just to spite. Hopefully her death will bury her toxicity. Personally I enjoyed Illidan, Arthas and previous villains much more.
    You seem to still not realize that just because Sylvanas has a daily negative impact on your own personal grasp on the game, does not mean every Forsaken/ Sylvanas fan /Horde player/ anyone that cheers when Sylvanas shows up in a cinematic is out to get you.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

I think the most positive thing I can say about Sylvanas after BfA is that she's still leagues more interesting than Saurfang (though that doesn't say much).
    Last edited by Theoris; 2020-02-20 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    Anduin is bland and boring. Far too good and nice. Unrealistic. People should be grateful that Sylvanas exists to balance out his nonsense.
    Insert something about two wrongs not making a right.

Yes an impact of toxicity. To exist just to spite. Hopefully her death will bury her toxicity. Personally I enjoyed Illidan, Arthas and previous villains much more.
    imo Sylvanas herself isn't toxic. She's just the next villain batted character the devs lost the plot on.

For some reason she has gained all sort of baggage because of how everyone wants to view her. Either she's bad cause she's always been evil, or she's bad cause she is seen as sexy.... or she's bad cause she isn't what someone wanted.

The 'toxic' bullshit around the lore is more due to various writers who are way to hung up on some halfassed lesson they feel they need to teach the audience.

Also Illidan is way too many edgelord tropes... I'm surprised they missed the chance to give him a medivh like entrance to approach us in a tavern draped in some darkened cloak to deliver a plot hook as a 'mysterious stranger'

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    You seem to still not realize that just because Sylvanas has a daily negative impact on your own personal grasp on the game, does not mean every Forsaken/ Sylvanas fan /Horde player/ anyone that cheers when Sylvanas shows up in a cinematic is out to get you.
    Well, some (if not most) of them enjoy her only because of how she provides them with endless supply of humiliation and vitriol they can use to make fun of players who dont like her.

Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    Well, some (if not most) of them enjoy her only because of how she provides them with endless supply of humiliation and vitriol they can use to make fun of players who dont like her.
    Definately there are Forsaken who like her but at this point how many are left? She has been beat to death by the villain bat, by the non consequences bat, by the 4d chess bat. A lot of people at this point want to kill her and get this over with. What else does she provide apart from toxicity? Her story was pretty much over the moment Arthas died. After that her character was butchered not once but twice. First by becoming some kind of caring Queen for her people as they claimed she was and the second by becoming some type of Death to All Living Arthas wannabee. The fact that there are some people that like her doesn't mean that she can't die. Arthas was the most popular character back then and yet he died.
    Last edited by Darth-Piekus; 2019-12-17 at 01:53 PM.

I love how the new talking point among usual suspect is that Sylvanas is responsible for major sub drops.

I don't know if Sylvannas is or isnt responsible for the sub drops but it is a fact that BFA is the worst expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    I love how the new talking point among usual suspect is that Sylvanas is responsible for major sub drops.
    Well i unsubbed partially because of narrative being shit, which she is a part of. Two of my friends also no longer play for same reason. So SOME people did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    You know it's not rng/titanforging, its not failure in story telling in general, it's not the azerite system or AP grind, loss of tier sets and poorly balanced pvp, it's Sylvanas!!!11!!!1
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Definately there are a lot of reasons BFA sucked but you can't deny the worst part of BFA's story was when everytime Sylvannas appeared with her 4d chess and her death claims us all cringes. She is part of the story after all. It was so bad that when her appearance was repeated in the Shadowlands trailer shitting on a really good character like Bolvar it made many people end their subscription. No character can last forever. Everyone's story at some point comes to an end.
    Last edited by Darth-Piekus; 2019-12-18 at 05:53 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    You know it's not rng/titanforging, its not failure in story telling in general, it's not the azerite system or AP grind, loss of tier sets and poorly balanced pvp, it's Sylvanas!!!11!!!1
    Well, Sylvanas is one of the most egregious examples, first with her Deadpool moment in BtS, going all the way to "this world is a prison"... Not even Illidank was this cringey.

Although the other things you mentioned have played their part, most likely.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

I feel like if you haven't played this expansion since it's launch and just joined in on the fun, then sure you will have a good time doing this story.

But when you have to wait 2-4 months between each new chapter (mostly consisting in 2-5 quests and short scene) that goes nowhere and feels out of place then you can only grow frustration and ve disappointed in this finale.

_____ _____ _____
    Now I know that to maintain the illusion of the unknown you have to withhold information. But in the case of Sylvanas it is done so poorly that she never felt like a warchief since her nomination. As a horde character she never truly led me. On the contrary, as I'm progressing I can only grow more and more suspicious of her actions, goals and loyalty to the horde!

- her deal with Helya
    - her complete absence on the front during legion
    - her inexplicable tamper when she talks to other horde leaders. She's either angry or condescending...
    - the genocide of the undead-human reunion (anduin's political atyack through calia)
    - the fact that she never expose Saurfang being the one starting the war of thorn and that he saved Malfurion (if you didn't read the book you have no way to know...)
    - she never explains why burning Teldrassil was the move to go (we get that they couldn't have taken the city as previously strategized and that the horde lost too many resources getting to it, but until it is acknowledged she just feels like an idiot that gambled)
    - she then stays off screen most of bfa
    - everytime she shows up it is either bring down people or kill someone... I don't think she has one pep talk, not her style ok but she shows no quality of a leader during this whole expac
    - end of her bfa arc is for us to chain 8quests and 1 cutscene, 1 cinematic to see her have an episode and storm off for no reason...
    _____ _____ _____

ok you can withhold information, but at least give us some... because here... the horde depicted in bfa was just a gathering of idiots with a warchief that we know nothing about. I didn't even recognize Sylvanas, it could have been a new character the story would have been the same!
    Last edited by Skildar; 2019-12-18 at 06:40 PM. Reason: layout

5+ Year Old Account
    You went to the easy way confronting her with Arthas, the most overrated and stupid character in WoW history.

I don't know if Sylvannas is or isnt responsible for the sub drops but it is a fact that BFA is the worst expansion.
    Unlikely, the vast majority of the people care little about the story, the main factors are without a doubt the main mechanics of this xpack.

now hold on a sec... WoD has some big shoes to fill there, buddy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Definately there are a lot of reasons BFA sucked but you can't deny the worst part of BFA's story was when everytime Sylvannas appeared with her 4d chess and her death claims us all cringes. She is part of the story after all. It was so bad that when her appearance was repeated in the Shadowlands trailer shitting on a really good character like Bolvar it made many people end their subscription. No character can last forever. Everyone's story at some point comes to an end.
    That was by far not the worst parts of BFA's storytelling at all.

And Bolvar is suddenly a "really good character?" He's done nothing remarkable since his undeath. I'd love to see the many people that ended their sub over it though.
    Holy shit lol

Not sure about the subscription, but it may affect to the vast majority a little considering the record dislike numbers of Shadowlands youtube trailer.
    And I do agree Sylvanas 4d chess was the worst part of the story. Teldrassil... "For the horde!" - "The Horde is NOthing!"...
    Basically every moment of BfA was consumed to promote Sylvanas and her Shadowlands play.

Quote Originally Posted by Trient View Post
    Not sure about the subscription, but it may affect to the vast majority a little considering the record dislike numbers of Shadowlands youtube trailer.
    And I do agree Sylvanas 4d chess was the worst part of the story. Teldrassil... "For the horde!" - "The Horde is NOthing!"...
    Basically every moment of BfA was consumed to promote Sylvanas and her Shadowlands play.
    I don't think Sylvannas was the only reason BFA sucked but she was part of the story parts that sucked. We can't deny that.

Quote Originally Posted by bison91 View Post
    I dont know about you guys but every Xpac or every game i liked her more and more. Hated her when she was a simple arrogant elf. When she become undead she started being wiser and cunning without yelling. In WoW she joined the horde, later warchief and she survived all the crap. To me she become more iconic character then Arthas with all respect to that character, but he didnt move forward unlike her. What do you think?
    She did become even more iconic than Arthas, but without any merit. I loved her all until the start of BfA. That is because she had a bipolar personality. She was on one side portrayed as an actually caring leader of the Horde with tactical brilliance, and on the other a temper tartrum giving genocidal sociopath, wishing everyone but her to die.
    Her complete invulnerability thanks to her ability to transition between incorporeal and corporeal is also something that makes her more boring than even all the other soy boys of BfA.