Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    What if?.... Frostmourne is the Jailer. Upon the blade being broken he was freed back to his realm. Now, Frostmourne hungers...

Quote Originally Posted by Honik View Post
    Isnt he raising new death knights in shadowlands? Thats kinda Death Knight kind of thing
    That can be explained simply by him having the helm of domination. Remember the new DKs are risen before Sylvanas breaks the helm.

10+ Year Old Account
    TBH he is undead paladin atm xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sosua View Post
    Wheres the proof of that?
    It's just a prediction, calm your tits.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Bolvar had death magic flowing directly through him for a decade, he is most definitely a Death Knight by now or some kind of mixed class.

You don't have that kind of power flowing through you and not be changed forever by it.
    This, 100%.

I don't get how people think having a mystical helmet with the powers of Necromancy attached to your head for years wouldn't change you in some way.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    He isn't undead but he possesses some knowledge on necromancy.
    By D&D standards, anything involving resurrection even if it's bringing a soul back to its body in its original living state (not an undead one) is considered in the school of Necromancy.

I know WoW and D&D are different universes and different beasts, but just want to point out that by those rules (it's not fully clear in WoW's universe), Druids, Priests, Warlocks, (obviously) Death Knights, Shamans, Monks, and yes even Paladins, have some 'knowledge of Necromancy'.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Isnot View Post
    Is he still a Deathknight ?
    What do you mean still????
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by UnluckyAmateur View Post
    He's been that since he got cucked in legion by the players.
    I’m fairly certain that Darion doesn’t have a wife that the players had sex with without his knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    By D&D standards, anything involving resurrection even if it's bringing a soul back to its body in its original living state (not an undead one) is considered in the school of Necromancy.

I know WoW and D&D are different universes and different beasts, but just want to point out that by those rules (it's not fully clear in WoW's universe), Druids, Priests, Warlocks, (obviously) Death Knights, Shamans, Monks, and yes even Paladins, have some 'knowledge of Necromancy'.
    Maybe you would prefer if I said death magic.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Bolvar had death magic flowing directly through him for a decade, he is most definitely a Death Knight by now or some kind of mixed class.

You don't have that kind of power flowing through you and not be changed forever by it.
    This didn't happen though. He was a Paladin all the way up to Wrathgate, he was burned by the Red Dragonflight, taken to Icecrown and tortured until the Lich Kings defeat and then put on the Helm of Domination.

He was never subjected to a decade of Death Magic. Are you sure you're thinking of Bolvar Fordragon?

https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Bolvar_Fordragon

He is a deadknight for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    This didn't happen though. He was a Paladin all the way up to Wrathgate, he was burned by the Red Dragonflight, taken to Icecrown and tortured until the Lich Kings defeat and then put on the Helm of Domination.

He was never subjected to a decade of Death Magic. Are you sure you're thinking of Bolvar Fordragon?

https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Bolvar_Fordragon
    Yes, having the helmet on for near a decade of in game time would change any character in the WoW universe.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the "over a decade" dude is thinking the wow timeline pass as the same of RL time.

But now, since bolvar got the helm, it passed like 6 to 7 years. Granted, this timeline is unoficial, but if i remeber right, blizzard said that in lore it only take 1 year from each xpack, the exception being cata who took 2-3 years, i dont remember. Also i dont know if Chronicles adress the timeline thing.

Here's the source fr the timeline i used https://wow.gamepedia.com/Timeline_(unofficial)

Is bolvar a death knight? I dont know, was never stated he died/got his soul stolen by the helm or w/e shenanigans, i dont think he is, he just got the powers from the helmet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I would say Bolvar is technically a Death Knight, yes. Probably the most unique of their number. But even though he lacks the Helm of Domination, it's likely Arthas connected him to the power sources of the Death Knights (Frost, Blood, and Unholy) in the same way he did Dranosh Saurfang, as both he and Bolvar were intended to be Death Knight Generals in his service. He just never managed to break Bolvar's will like he did with Dranosh.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Yes, having the helmet on for near a decade of in game time would change any character in the WoW universe.
    Ah, that's what you meant. Sorry, didn't know you were referring to his time wearing the helm. I don't think it's infused him with death magic though. But there's not really much information on it in regards to how it did what it did. Don't disagree that it affected Bolvar, though, just not really sure to what extent.

10+ Year Old Account

He had the Helm of Domination for 4 years, Legion takes place 4 years after Wrath.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Bolvar is a strange character is he just a death knight? no he is more of a mix of paladin and dk fueled by the fire from the red dragon flight but then again there are very few major lore characters that fall under just one class

Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    He had the Helm of Domination for 4 years, Legion takes place 4 years after Wrath.
    Still, even 4 years channeling death magic through you will change you forever, he is no longer a traditional Paladin that much is certain and my guess is that he has some kind of death magic, even if it is different from anything he had used while wearing the helm.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gleepot View Post
    was he ever?
    This. I don't think he ever was any variation of Death Knight. He was a Knight of Stormwind, and then he became a special fire force infernal, and then straight to Lich King.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kapaya View Post
    Was he ever? Unlike Arthas, he never picked up Frostmourne which from the book can be interpeted as Arthas dying and turning undead. He was "just" a Paladin who was trying to keep control of the Scourge.
    Arthas never died. He was a Death Knight is a more traditional sense (IE: a Fallen Paladin a la D&D Blackguards). Even a large number of the Death Knights he created were created this way IIRC; in that they simply lost hope and became corrupted; but were never actually raised from the dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Quote Originally Posted by un_known View Post
    Arthas never died yet he was also classified as a deathknight, it's just a way of saying a powerful person that has power over death was infused with it and could control it, like how paladins are technically "lightknights" they wield and use it.
    actually arthas did die as he became undead when he lost his soul, frostmourne is what turned arthas into a deathknight
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen