Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Please tell me who the target audience is then.
    People that don't know it exists because it isn't being marketed to Wii Grandmas and phone casuals I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    Oh yes, I remember that meme. QUEUE THE MUSIC! I think the main thing here is that Sony wasn't prepared for what Microsoft was going to release, and it made Sony stumble hard. In the end the PS3 sold just as many units as the 360 did, and didn't have to contend with 50% of their units failing due to Red Ring of Death.
    Tbf, PS3 sold a lot also due to being the cheapest Blu-ray player at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Tbf, PS3 sold a lot also due to being the cheapest Blu-ray player at the time.
    When it was a cheap bluray player it was also selling like garbage.

It was late in it's life when it was being sold at $299 or lower and Sony redeemed the game production for it post 2010 that the sales picked up and it eventually surpassed the 360 by a hair. By this time cheap bluray players where already $100-200.

Steam's "remote play together" feature works amazing, it's pretty much perfect, without noticeable latency and decent image quality and works in a similar way to Stadia. So yea I'm surprised Stadia sucked so bad lol.

My friend got perfect net for almost everything (150mbps) and he was having lag issues too. I cant even imagine what people do with 5-25mbps net lol. That used to be so good back in the day xd

Quote Originally Posted by Starfals View Post
    My friend got perfect net for almost everything (150mbps) and he was having lag issues too. I cant even imagine what people do with 5-25mbps net lol. That used to be so good back in the day xd
    For 4k streaming you just need about 25 GB an hour. 4Head. I'm sure everyone's internet data plans would be fine with that!

For 4k streaming you just need about 25 GB an hour. 4Head. I'm sure everyone's internet data plans would be fine with that!
    If I still had my old cap I would use it up monthly just on netflix >.> 25 GB/h on a capped plan would just be silly. Thankfully I got it removed (it was 400gb on 400/40 plan)

For reference, HD streaming of Netflix uses like 3gb/h

Yep, so i hear myself.. but my friend is having major lag with faster than that net and speed tests and other games/streaming sites work fine for him. Its very odd lol

Quote Originally Posted by Starfals View Post
    Yep, so i hear myself.. but my friend is having major lag with faster than that net and speed tests and other games/streaming sites work fine for him. Its very odd lol
    Bandwidth and latency aren't the same thing.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Please tell me who the target audience is then.
    People who play games on their phones, who have no gaming PC (maybe just a laptop) or consoles. The majority of people - who will be able to play games like Destiny 2 while commuting to their office jobs and back home - on their phones... and then smoothly transition to their yuge 4k TVs at home.

Don't have an expensive gaming PC? Can't choose which gaming console to get? Don't bother! Just get this and play any game on any screen with an internet connection.

PC/Console Gamers will say "ew, it's not gaming" but who cares what dinosaurs say?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    People who play games on their phones, who have no gaming PC (maybe just a laptop) or consoles. The majority of people - who will be able to play games like Destiny 2 while commuting to their office jobs and back home - on their phones... and then smoothly transition to their yuge 4k TVs at home.

Don't have an expensive gaming PC? Can't choose which gaming console to get? Don't bother! Just get this and play any game on any screen with an internet connection.

PC/Console Gamers will say "ew, it's not gaming" but who cares what dinosaurs say?
    Lol... how much money is Google paying you? And how would someone play destiny 2 during a commute?? Lol that would literally be unplayable. Train wifi and phone connection would be horrible. Also if they have a phone capable of playing destiny 2 through stadia and can afford the more expensive phone data plan with no caps and a 4K TV and why not just buy a console? Plus, you still have to shell out 130 bucks for the stadia.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2019-12-03 at 06:28 AM.

Lol... how much money is Google paying you? And how would someone play destiny 2 during a commute?? Lol that would literally be unplayable. Train wifi and phone connection would be horrible. Also if they have a phone capable of playing destiny 2 through stadia and can afford the more expensive phone data plan with no caps and a 4K TV and why not just buy a console? Plus, you still have to shell out 130 bucks for the stadia.
    "Casuals will eat it up"

-Casuals don't even know it exists
    -Casuals aren't gonna carry around a damn controller to attach to their phone

It's literally the same cop out argument from 2 posters over and over again, and they're always wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krastyn View Post
    This seems more like a nice to have than a must have.
    Would be useless hardware if Stadia went the Google glasses direction.
    Everything is relative. If you play all the time at 100-150 ms latency, you won't notice it. If you swap back and forth between the two, then you will.
    You're talking about Plato's Cave, where people only know the cave and nothing beyond that. In this case, if we keep players around 150 ms then they won't desire less latency if they don't know it exists. Pretty sure everyone who's every played a game has done it on local hardware first.
    Your 150ms comment is flat out incorrect though. the Gamers Nexus video shows Thumper, Tomb Raider and Metro coming in sub 150 ms (on PC browser). Even on Crhomecast, they don't say it won't ever get better, they show that it was above 150 ms. They explicitly state they thing some things could be done on Google's end to
    Thumper was 80ms but that game also runs on smart phones. The more graphically intense the game is the more latency Stadia has. Tomb Raider had 120ms, which is still above 100ms but also not as graphically impressive as Metro Exodus which is 150ms
    Everyone does have phones, and that fact likely won't change anytime soon.
    Still lazy and still rushed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Anyone who wants to game on the go will get a Switch, not Stadia. If home Internet can't do Stadia well, a cell phone connection would be much worse. Also the difference in cost is small as a Switch Lite is now $200 while the Stadia starter pack is $130.
    Pretty sure we've confirmed Stadia is anything but an expensive gaming PC. Stadia is more like a Q6600 using a RX 480 in terms of graphics.
    Dinosaurs and their reliable low latency gaming hardware. The future is in past tense.

The Stadia claimed (wrongly by the sound of it) that games would run at 4K with 60 FPS.

Is it even possible for an uber-powerful PC (RTX2080 in SLi and latest Intel/AMD processors overclocked) to do that? If not, then it's pretty dumb of Google to say the Stadia could.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would be useless hardware if Stadia went the Google glasses direction.
    I give it a couple months at most until someone makes a third party program that lets you control a PC with the stadia controller.
    It worked that way with the PS3 at least (and also PS4? But that might be officially supported, I don't know and don't care)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xorzor View Post
    The Stadia claimed (wrongly by the sound of it) that games would run at 4K with 60 FPS.

Is it even possible for an uber-powerful PC (RTX2080 in SLi and latest Intel/AMD processors overclocked) to do that? If not, then it's pretty dumb of Google to say the Stadia could.
    A singular 2080ti and a pretty mediocre CPU can run games in 4k60.. At least the ones they're offering, especially at medium settings which is what people are reporting them to be running at.

Resolution costs a lot of GPU power, not a lot of CPU

Hardware can do it (but is somewhat expensive so Google doesn't want to fill datacenters with it) but the limitation is the internet.
    The bandwidth needed to send true 4k60fps video is monstrous, which is why Stadia doesn't do it.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

The whole 4k/60 thing is just complete idocy on google's part anyway. They should have sold the thing to half the generation of gamers that grew up with minecraft with sub-14-fps on their parents mobile iTrash device. Marketing it to gamers with decent hardware and promises of even better specs was just bound to fail them, not to mention the whole early adopter thing should have just been labeled beta in the first place. It clearly is not finished and they would have instantly deflected a ton of criticism with little to no effort.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lol... how much money is Google paying you? And how would someone play destiny 2 during a commute?? Lol that would literally be unplayable. Train wifi and phone connection would be horrible.
    That depends on location, but here's an interesting question for you to ponder: is the availability of decent Wi-Fi/4-5-6G coverage going to improve or degrade in the future? Google is definitely aiming at the future. So does Microsoft and Sony with their respective console->phone services. While everyone who shits on Google for Stadia can't see beyond tomorrow, or worse - today. The worst - right now. Must be edgy.
    Also if they have a phone capable of playing destiny 2 through stadia and can afford the more expensive phone data plan with no caps and a 4K TV and why not just buy a console? Plus, you still have to shell out 130 bucks for the stadia.
    What do you mean by a phone capable of playing Destiny 2 through Stadia? Any device that can stream Netflix/youtube - will do, like a cheap Xiomi.
    Can you play a console during the commute? Can you play any game on that console or only those that it got? Everyone has a TV at home. It might not be a 4K but it is not required anyway.

Anyone who wants to game on the go will get a Switch, not Stadia.
    Lol, nonsense. Only Nintendo fans will. A phone is 3-4 times smaller than switch and with greater battery life... Stadia is only streaming, while Switch does the computing. Completely unreliable on the go. You will have to carry extra batteries in a backpack. Such convenience.

If home Internet can't do Stadia well, a cell phone connection would be much worse.
    Home internet can do Stadia good enough for people who don't have a gaming PC or console. The target audience. Not you.
    And I don't know where you live, but in my city, I have a stable 4g coverage, free stable Wi-Fi in the subway, and no DATA CAPS.
    Pretty sure we've confirmed Stadia is anything but an expensive gaming PC.
    It's not even a PC - it's a streaming service.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account

If you didn't use the RTX Ray-Tracing feature then it maybe possible on most games, but then again Ray-Tracing isn't a feature that Stadia could do. Newer games can't get 60 fps on a RTX 2080 Ti like Outer Worlds. Borderlands 3 is so bad that 40 fps on a RTX 2080 Ti is considered a challenge. If a $2k PC can't do it, then how is Stadia achieving it? The answer is they're faking it.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    I give it a couple months at most until someone makes a third party program that lets you control a PC with the stadia controller.
    It worked that way with the PS3 at least (and also PS4? But that might be officially supported, I don't know and don't care)
    The controller has only a wifi interface which would make it hard to get it running on PC. The DualShock4 works as soon as you plug it in, though there are 3rd party tools to help you get the most out of the controller. Same goes for the DualShock3. The sad truth is that Google's Stadia uses Linux and instead of focusing on Cloud Gaming they could have ported their games to Linux, which is the true future of gaming. Linux is also the future of the PC. Nearly everything Google uses is running a derivative of Ubuntu/Debian, so they could have made a sort of SteamOS/SteamMachine type of setup without all of Valve's mistakes. They could have kept their Cloud Gaming service as an alternative choice, not as a daily driver for gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    3 of the 22 games released in 2019.
    Gylt - 2019
    Just Dance - 2019
    Kine - 2019
    Mortal Kombat 11 - 2019
    Samurai Shodown - 2019
    Football MAanager 2020 - 2019
    Grid - 2019
    Metro Exodus - 2019
    NBA 2k20 - 2019
    Rage 2 - 2019
    Trials Rising - 2019
    Wolfenstein: Youngblood - 2019

That seems like 3. Though I guess to a dishonest poster like yourself, that probably does.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    You're just always wrong I guess eh? Cause it has Samurai Showdown as an exclusive, which you can't play on PC in any other way.(and lmfao if anyone actually tries to play a fighting game on Stadia). GYLT is also an exclusive, a true exclusive even because unlike Samurai Showdown which is on PS4 as well GYLT is only on Stadia. Please google before you post dude, this makes about 300 times you have been wrong in this thread.
    You can't post honestly, can you? Did I say it didn't have exclusives? No. That's just you again, trying to either misrepresent what I say, or just blatantly lie about what I said. I said I don't want Stadia to have exclusives. Exclusives make business sense but are bad for the consumer.

Feel free to respond all you want, but I'm done with you. Every response of yours has been either an outright lie, or a blatant misrepresentation of what I said. Get some integrity.