Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Unplayable, to me.

There's nothing dishonest about that opinion; I'm genuinely not able to enjoy it.
    you totally can't enjoy wow then =(
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

Feels like a massive waste of resources to me... vr is very gimmicky to begin with regardless of the fact I get motion sick easily. Maybe they will release a non vr version at some point and if not, so be it. Hard pass.

Awesome game.
    Maybe it's not a proper prequel/sequel I've been waiting for 15 years but Valve definately knows how to make a good stuff.
    Best VR game up to date IMO and I hope there will be more games created on Source 2 in the future - visual fidelity, physics and optimization are top notch.

Quote Originally Posted by iosdeveloper View Post
    you totally can't enjoy wow then =(
    I don't play wow, but regardless, I don't think your comparison is even remotely valid.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

I havent played it but have watched some friends. Its extremely entertaining and I was surprised how much visual fidelity there was despite it being a VR title. Some of those corridors look pretty photo-real at a quick glance.

modders are working on a VR-free version already

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    VR doesn't have much appeal outside of some niche games and Half Life. Its price is well warranted considering the cost involved in making it, but there is not much payoff. It's the equivalent of paying $500 for a console with no games.

I agree it's the next logical step forward for gaming, but its current implementation is kinda mediocre due to technological restrictions.
    the whole world if moving over to VR now.. lol what say you now... 5 months later

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Curious about the valve headset and and what other titles might justify the price tag. It's a bit steep for what little supports it atm. A puzzler like their Portal series I'd be all over the moon to try though.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.