Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    What about my Fury Warrior I've been quietly working on what's his threat dump?
    Soulstone

And like it or not, stop attacking.

What's my Shaman's Threat Dump?

And before you say "stop attacking", No
    lol, okay. keep attacking and die. have fun corpse running...

i have played with many fury warriors that dont pull aggro and top charts.

if your more concerned with always attacking than your group progressing at the best rate that it can, you are the terrible type of player that ruins the game for the rest of us...

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow...did we just time travel? The Deja Vu in this thread is real...
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Dying over and over again until your gear is red and you can't pull aggro anymore. At least that's what one warrior did in our MC last night.

I disagree. I don't care about trash. Round it up, aoe it down and move on. Tanks are in dungeons for bosses and not for trash tbh. Well my last pug group was while leveling weeks ago and I only do runs with my guild by now. Maybe that changes my view on dungeons a lot. I don't know. But we even aoe down every pack in ubrs without any form of cc and just have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    We used to call it dying and coming back with SS.
    We used to call people that SS themselves as warlocks noobs.

To all the locks reading this, in a dungeon, you ALWAYS put soulstone on the party member that can resurrect (NOT DRUIDS) - usually is the healer. In a good comp you can get away with soulstoning the tank.

Quote Originally Posted by vecnuh View Post
    You can pull aggro die and use SS. Its easy
    Except this can easily fuck up the raid if the boss has a cleave, or similar area attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Djaye View Post
    -tanks build aggro at 1/5 the rate as retail. they boosted it during wrath. the amount it takes to gain aggro off a pulled mob is significantly higher as well.
    Well, aggro has been up and down in all expansions, it's not like there was some boost in Wrath and it stayed like that. Misses were also a thing up until expertise/hit was removed.
    In wrath there were aggro multipliers per abilities. For example, paladin had 1.something on usual attacks and 2.something on holy attacks. At the start of Cata (and pre-patch) aggro dropped again and you needed expertise and hit to actually hold down aggro. Then there was a 5x multiplier boost in Firelands and so on. And of course in MoP we dealt so much damage in raids, aggro wasn't even something to care about, even if we had a 1.0 multiplier we'd be top aggro. The epitome was I think in Legion and then it went down again in BfA. But now we get some aggro boosts at some levels of the neck.

In regards to aggro level of pulling, I actually thought it was always the same, but I might be wrong. 110% of aggro for a melee to pull, 130% for a ranged to pull.

But yeah, point was - aggro is lower in Classic that it is on retail, and that is true.
    Last edited by Loveliest; 2019-11-19 at 09:19 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    What's my Shaman's Threat Dump?

And before you say "stop attacking", No
    Tranquil air totem?

EDIT: Oh wait, that will apply to the tank aswell when used in 5man dungeons. I'll just shut up.
    “Listen... Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” – Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by Robozerim View Post
    Ha! Warlocks say hi. I would love to have an aggro dump.
    If aggro is a regular inconvenience, get Limited invul pot and Gnomish invis trinket.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    You are right...but...the people that don't understand these things by now don't care to understand. As for the drought of tanks; most people just don't want the pressure of leadership expected of tanks and while Classic is more forgiving to tanks because of a better community the number of tanks will never be enough because of the lack of viable tank specs in Classic.
    There are more viable tanks in Classic than you might think, there's just not many people who are willing to put in the effort to tank.

pulling while mana-dependant dps'ers are drinking is a legit solution
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    You're dealing with Wrath babies and later who never learned about threat management or any other what to play DPS aside from going balls to the wall on damage. In combat control (sheep, Kidney Shot...)? They dont get it. Threat dumps? Likewise.

It's not really their fault, it's the way the last 11+years of the game has trained them.
    Idk mate, people I play with are doing just fine on skittish weeks. The players who do not care to learn are the trouble and these are not wrath babies. You had em during vanilla, you have them now. It's not that everyone used aggro resets or did threath management just because it was a thing

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    Dumb people didn't learn this shit during vanilla or tbc either.

Theres a reason hunters have been called huntards since the beginning
    Ok I'll bite:

I tanked as a Warrior in Classic and Hunters at the time had the best aggro dumper in my book: Feign Death. And yes all the Hunters I had in my groups knew how to use it. Later in TBC I raided as (BM)Hunter myself and FD was king. I was able to "ride the aggro line" closer than other classes and should I get a (un)lucky crit too many ... FD was my friend.

P.S.
    If you ask me the reason for the bad reputation (huntards) back then was mostly envy and then a couple of Hunters didn't quit knew how to manege their pets. But as far as aggro manegement goes; Hunters were some of the best. As far as worst aggro-pullers ... Mages always made my Warrior nervous lol

Quote Originally Posted by Storfan View Post
    Tranquil air totem?

EDIT: Oh wait, that will apply to the tank aswell when used in 5man dungeons. I'll just shut up.
    You must be in the worst of the worst pugs if -20% threat truly hampers a tank's threat.

Sincerely,
    a shaman tank.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by op3l View Post
    I remember we used to have to wait for 2 sunders before we start attacking. And the targets were always marked so we know which to hit. AoE was basically frowned upon because each pull required CC and well, even after just 1 tick of blizzard, the mobs would be running all over the place.

Patience is a virtue that's hard to come by in WoW and thus a tank's job in classic is extra hard.
    I tanked as a Warrior back then and yes the rules were always:
    Mark the mobs for kill order and CC (skull, cross, star, moon for sheep etc.) and wait for 3 sunders. That and hold your AOE's until at least Skull is down. From what I remember only a few Mages forgot those rules - and payed the price. For the most part it made everything pretty smoothe

Boss fights aside, who actually cares about aggro in 5mans? Are you one of those little dictator tanks who tilts when people don't do exactly what he expects them to?

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    It's not really their fault, it's the way the last 11+years of the game has trained them.
    Of course it's their fault. There is no such thing as game training you. You either care for the rules or you don't. If you die, you figure out why you died.
    There's two camps of people who pull:
    - those who don't understand what aggro is, who are totally clueless and won't figure things out anyway; these are the people who die to random floor mechanics in retail anyway; these are also the people who use taunt as a dps rotation skill and somehow manage to die even if they do almost NO damage
    - those who do understand aggro but pull anyway; because reasons: they think they'll survive, they think some mobs don't matter, they find the tank slow and get bored, they think it shouldn't be their problem the tank can't keep aggro, they find pulling aggro off the tank and dying some sort of accomplishment (like "look at me, my dps is so good that I die every time to the massive aggro I generate") etc.
    These are also the kind of people who refuse to acknowledge that it takes LONGER to kill mobs if you pull them and run around the room than if you had waited a bit or stopped dpsing at the right time. These people might also pull FOR the tank and cause wipes when the healer gets healing aggro before the tank got a chance to even reach the mobs.
    Last edited by Loveliest; 2019-11-19 at 10:04 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caperfin View Post
    You must be in the worst of the worst pugs if -20% threat truly hampers a tank's threat.

Sincerely,
    a shaman tank.
    A protection tank (or fury hybrid with 5/5 defiance) will probably have no issues tanking even with tranquil air totem, considering it lowers the threat of everyone in the group I guess it lower the field equally for all (atleast within range of said totems). A pure fury or arms tank might get some issues though. I play alliance now so totems arent an issue for me.
    “Listen... Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” – Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    They still do it in retail. They want you to pull big so they can dps big but they don't give you just a few seconds to round everything up before they start hammering.
    Most tanks in retail (minus 1 exception) are able to peak above DPS in the first few seconds of the pull. If the tank has issues in retail with big pulls, its simply a L2P issue on the tank side.

The slow AFK tanking from classic does not work in retail, bad players in every role are exposed instantly in groups. At least there is a choice now to stay with classic and hide.
    -

In my guild back then we did a totally crazy thing, people where using threat meters and when they got to close to tanks they had to chill alittle, and yes i know today that wouldnt work becouse it would hurt peoples d**k measuring contest to much.