Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
7
... LastLast
  1. #81
    So history has immediately repeated? Colour me shocked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  2. #82
    Grob is pretty solid world PVP and is pretty balanced.

    Truth is this wasn't hard to see coming. A lot of people wanted to stick thier chest out and act like hard ass PvP'er types but the reality is most of them should have rolled on a PVE server. Then for those that want to PVP it was insanely obvious which servers were going to be dominated by which faction.

    For the most part expect it to be rough for a few weeks until most the losers realize they don't got a shot at a high rank and a shit ton will fall off. Then it will become more reasonable in the world. For now you just have to deal with packs of people following youtube "master" ranking guides. Or, you know, get into a group and enjoy the melee yourself. The other faction cannot have all zones locked down.

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by Storfan View Post
    It isnt due to a lack of tools but a lack of will to do so. A lack of will we can work with. If enough people voice their concerns, then maybe, just maybe they will react. But yea, probably not.
    I think its more because they tried to make a museum piece, sticking to as much of vanilla as they could, which also means repeating mistakes and coming to same inevitable outcome as retail did.

    The only thing I can see them doing is rushing release of battlegrounds to try to put as many people out from world into instances as fast as possible, reducing number of players in world. Hopefully they'll make announcement about it soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame
    Most people are imbeciles. Twitter is just a way for them to demonstrate it.

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post
    I think its more because they tried to make a museum piece, sticking to as much of vanilla as they could, which also means repeating mistakes and coming to same inevitable outcome as retail did.

    The only thing I can see them doing is rushing release of battlegrounds to try to put as many people out from world into instances as fast as possible, reducing number of players in world. Hopefully they'll make announcement about it soon.
    Battlegrounds would indeed fix the problem somewhat, still hotspots like BRM will be a pain for the outnumbered faction, as in they will lose all their buffs and will be delayed a lot until the raid starts.

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    "Faction Specific Queues"?
    blabla dumb opinion
    Great way to piss people off, dude.
    There is this thing called A:H ratio, it's a number that Blizz could show on server selections to make it easier for people, but they didn't, so the blame is still on Blizzard. When they don't communicate that to their playerbase how should someone make an informed decision? Census was also disabled. Your dumb rant against the playerbase means nothing.

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by Storfan View Post
    Due to the total f-up by Blizzard in not implementing A) Faction specific queues and B) too late implementing faction specific transfers we have now started to see a snowball effect towards the end times. Some servers are at massive imbalance and it's getting worse. The implementation of faction specific transfers might have stalled it a bit but for some servers I fear this is too late. My suggestion is this, and it is a drastic one: Server Merges. I know this cant fix the all servers because PvP servers often tend to lean towards horde superiority. The problems starts to show at 40/60 imbalance and it quickly goes down hill. Basically: Merge any 70/30 servers with other servers with the same but opposite imbalance, or 20/80 or 35/65. What ever number is picked, it is important this happens sooner rather than later.

    Server identity is out of the window now. Who cares if they play on "this-or-that" server anymore. We just want faction balance.

    If no merges are to happen, then I think I speak for everyone when I ask that Blizzard either open up for A) free transfers for both factions between ALL servers (including PvP<->PvE<->RP in which ever order you want) or B) start up paid transfers so everyone can make up their own mind.

    EDIT #1: An addition suggestion would be to shut down any of the dying servers and let them transfer off to low pop factions of other servers.

    EDIT #2: Following the suggestions of posters I have changed my caps to underline instead to better set the tone. My reason was to put emphasis on the words, not to seem like a loudmouth ranter.
    Don't be silly. Seriously.

  7. #87
    imbalance will always exist because there's nothing fun about being on the outnumbered side.

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by Storfan View Post
    then I think I speak for everyone
    No. Nobody does ever speak for EVERYONE.

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by enzi View Post
    Great way to piss people off, dude.
    There is this thing called A:H ratio, it's a number that Blizz could show on server selections to make it easier for people, but they didn't, so the blame is still on Blizzard. When they don't communicate that to their playerbase how should someone make an informed decision? Census was also disabled. Your dumb rant against the playerbase means nothing.
    Oh, so someone suggests something moronic that basically can alienate an entire playerbase that somehow *you* think is a viable solution (small hint, it isn't else it would have been done by now, or do you think you're the only one to suggest it?), and when others critique and call it out for the shitty thing it is, and the wealth of new issues it will cause others, you refuse to ackknowledge and instead go on a personal attack?

    It is a dumb fuck solution, end of story. It has most likely been suggested internally about 14 years ago, and was laughed at then, as it should be laughed at now. But, like most who seem to think they have the solution to a problem, you refuse to accept any critique and instead go on the attack on a personal level, because to actually *look* at what you suggest on any level beyond a superficial one will see it isn't actually a solution at all.

    I swear, you;re like the muppets who think they solve poverty, by simply reassigning what constitutes as poverty. Fucking idiotic.


    As for your argument about A;H ratios? Well, had you been paying the slightest bit of attention the past 15 years, or had made any use of logic, you would know that such things would actually work against the intended result. People would flock en masse to servers with a major bias, then roll on that faction because it is the "winning" faction. It has been shown repeatedly over, and over, and over since WoW launch, but as I said, as usual, fuckwits like to think their solution actually *works* but have no clue whatsoever.


    The only "dumb opinion" I am seeing here is your own I am afraid.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    So history has immediately repeated? Colour me shocked.
    Oh no, no, don;t you realise! The geniuses this time around have a solution! FACTION SPECIFIC QUEUES!


    Because that simply won't annoy the current playerbase, and cause more outrage, ranting, screeching, and whining, whilst not actually fixing the problem of players being able to play where they want and what faction they want.

    Truth is, as always, majority think they want a PvP server, but actually don't. They want a gankfest, and they want to be on the "winning team" as always, so you will *always* have a faction imbalance.


    Sadly though, the forum tryhards, and genius level problem solvers seem to think they have the solution (as always), when they don't.
    Last edited by Howlrunner; 2019-11-19 at 05:41 PM.

  10. #90
    Server faction imbalance has been there since the 1st day of wow. Any server with large population will end up 1 sided.

    Even today, the largest EU retail servers: Draenor, Silvermoon, Outland, Kazzak, etc are all 10:1 even 20:1 in faction ratio.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Storfan View Post
    It isnt due to a lack of tools but a lack of will to do so. A lack of will we can work with. If enough people voice their concerns, then maybe, just maybe they will react. But yea, probably not.
    What do you mean by lack of will?

    Even with cross server play and War mode bonus, Blizzard can't achieve faction balance at all on retail servers.

    What makes you think they can achieve it on classic servers, with all the #Nochanges players???

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by Ssateneth View Post
    you cant force people to play specific factions. its also a fact that pve realms will be dominated by alliance and pvp realms dominated by horde, so pvp realms will almost always have alliance players complaining about being rolled by huge horde raids.
    Don't understand that logic really, I play horde on a horde-dominated server and I don't have any fun engaging in rolling over allies.

    Last week I saw when a raid of like 60 hordies was chasing around 20 allies in Hillsbrad, I don't really see any fun in this. Even if I engage in 1v1, quite often another hordie passing by jumps in and we 2v1 kill the ally. What's the fun in this? The only thing it will do is discourage allies from participating in World PvP at all.

  12. #92
    Mechagnome sunxsera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    EU - Blackmoore
    Posts
    578
    Quote Originally Posted by sunxsera View Post
    I think they should watch pvp server population, otherwise we `ll have dead & unbalanced servers all over again.

    - they shouldnt open too many servers; so servers don ´t die out after the hype is gone
    - check server population & try to balance them

    It has nothing to do with pvp anymore if the ratio is 80/20 for one faction.

    Of course balancing should only happen on pvp serves.
    Huh .. i knew it would happen

  13. #93
    Played on a vanilla PvP server, which is exactly why I didn't go PvP this time around. I remember being camped as soon as landing in Kargath, and dying 5 more times trying to get into Black Rock Mountain.

    PvP servers are interesting while everyone is leveling, because it is kind of like Warmode in retail, sometimes people ignore each other just to keep on questing, other times small brawls break out. As soon as the Honor system comes in though, flight points and high population areas camping becomes a thing though. Yes, there are some epic battles, but it'll get old quick enough.

    Also, PvP servers almost always tend to get very one sided (heck, even most PvE servers do) because a majority don't want a fair fight in the open world. They want to steamroll and never have to fight 1v3 odds. This isn't new, and if you rolled on a PvP server in classic and are now complaining, you're either brand new to this game or were completely ignorant.

    Some of this is solved once BGs are in, there will be less camping of FPs and such, but don't ever think a opposite faction raid in BRM is going to let you just walk on by to the entrance of MC.

    Best thing is on the PvE server I'm on, there is often a huge battle going on in Hillsbrad. So you can still get honor and HKs if you opt into it, but you don't get punished everywhere else.

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by Storfan View Post
    It is true that you cannot force it, but blizzard nowadays got the tools to somewhat manage it to some extent. When they have the power - why not use it if it creates a better game experience for everyone?


    I dunno about common. As I mentioned above, I believe I know of 1 server merge in late vanilla (or might have been TBC). Burning Blade-EU and some other server. Maybe it was done on US servers aswell that I dont know of.


    Perhaps they do. Infact they probably do. Maybe they are just waiting for players to clamour for it. So, here I am.



    You're making a blanket statement that I simply don't believe to be true. I would go as long as to claim that in separate skirmishes sure, people ofcourse want to be on the winning side (As Conan put it: "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women!") but for the sake of long term longivety of a realm I truly don't believe anyone want to be on a 100% one-sided "PvP"-realm., I mean, whats the point in that?
    What's the point of a one sided pvp realm? Really? You haven't talked to many people who only do pvp. They woould love things being one sided because it would let them troll a person for hours, corpse camping them. There's been entire threads on this very forum of people talking about how they love denying people on the other faction of their game time.

  15. #95
    Banned CrawlFromThePit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    The Depths Bellow
    Posts
    1,147
    The only solution is deleting faction.

    But since I mentioned it Blizzard will try to find another way because it would hurt their fragile ego if they had to admit some random dude on the internet is smarter than them.

  16. #96
    #NOCHANGES

    If I wanted retail changes I’d play retail. In fact I’m in favor of bringing back the old hamsters that used to power the servers. This “classic” version is waaaaaay to stable.

  17. #97
    Old God Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Langley, London, Undisclosed Locations
    Posts
    10,497
    Quote Originally Posted by Storfan View Post
    Be that as it may. Blizzard has merged servers before. In vanilla I believe they merged Burning blade-EU with *some other server*.
    I'm going to have to ask for the evidence of this.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Storfan View Post
    Accepting a bad situation as a fact of life when you have the tools to remedy it is just foolish.
    Exactly, you have the tools (the ability to re-roll)... and its clear you chose NOT to use them.

    The problem that exists is your fault, and people like you.

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

  18. #98
    the main problem is alliance is just bad at pvp, all servers are dominated by horde not because of population but because alliance players are beta pve'ers who worship asmongold

  19. #99
    Server merges will not solve the problem. It's been done on retail and Blizzard has always regretted doing it because it solved nothing, which is why they eventually implemented sharding. Even a small imbalance will eventually snowball into a larger and larger imbalance over time. It wasn't until sharding that faction imbalance got better, but even with sharding you still have imbalances in world PvP. And while sharding could help, it is something that so fundamentally goes against the philosophy of classic, it will not and should not be implemented. Because of this (and merging not being a viable option), imbalance is just something you have to accept as part of classic. It will die down though, this is the first week of phase 2 so it should be expected that world pvp will be at an all time high right now.

    Edit: And faction queues are in no way an option. Not allowing people to login because they chose the superior faction is a far worse option. Even if one faction is subject to ganking, they can still login and play. There are ways around much of the world pvp. There's no way around a 3 hr long forced queue. You're taking a problem and replacing it with an even worse one.
    Last edited by BananaHandsB; 2019-11-19 at 07:32 PM.

  20. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by Storfan View Post
    We just want faction balance.
    I could not care less about faction balance. So no, "we" do not want it. It is of no benefit to me if the Horde has as many players on my server compared to Alliance. I understand there's a PvP aspect and que times and ladders, etc, etc. But none of that is even out yet, so it's unclear to me on how these are desperate times.

    I would prefer Blizzard not waste time or resources on such "changes".

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •