Quote Originally Posted by Storfan View Post
    We just want faction balance.
    You aren't going to get it.

If no merges are to happen, then I think I speak for everyone
    You don't

so everyone can make up their own mind.
    They DID make up their mind by not not taking the server transfers when they were offered.
    Last edited by Seranthor; 2019-11-19 at 08:24 PM.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

So are you saying people who want pvp servers and want to gank people hur dur dur are not happy anymore because they are getting ganked in pvp due to faction imbalance

You have what you signed for, now get lost and reroll on a pve server

Can't say I'm following the OPs logic. Seems weak.

Surely, if they're correct in saying most PvP servers are heavily-horde-weighted, then if you start merging opposite-ratio servers, you're going to fix the issue for some servers, and make the remaining servers even worse off than before because you've got a large remainder of horde players.

I mean, at the end of the day if the total number of horde PvPers is much higher, you're still going to have a large number remaining after balancing the rest... all stuck on completely horde-dominated realms.

But hey, what do I know. I never was any good at logic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Realtalk View Post
    #NOCHANGES

If I wanted retail changes I’d play retail. In fact I’m in favor of bringing back the old hamsters that used to power the servers. This “classic” version is waaaaaay to stable.
    sometimes i wonder if you nochanges crowd actually read threads, or you just copy and paste the mantra you repeat into threads by rote.
    I mean, you'd actually want crappier servers just for a dose of nostalgia? Who the hell gets nostalgic about unstable servers? You people baffle me. I once had a quad bike accident and my leg was in agony for days. Doesn't mean next time i go quad biking i'll want to recreate the leg injury... But hey, if being Dced or stuck in lag is your idea of fun on your computer after a long day at work, more power to you, friend.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Balance can't be forced because in truth, most people don't want to be on a balanced server. The only kind of open world PVP that a lot of people are interested in is the kind where they know they will win.

The only thing they ever do with servers is to try and make too-crowded servers less so. They aren't going to merge anything.
    this is all that has to be said. all this nonsense crying about balance dor wpvp wether its lvl, faction or number or gear is just blabla.

OP wouldnt be crying if his faction was dominating.

play on a pve server and go for balanced bgs.

wpvp was never balanced and will never be

I'd love to see faction specific queues on one sided servers, just to see all those people cry about not being able to play the game on their server where their faction greatly outnumbers the other side.

The sweet irony.

They give constant server transfers to try to balance out overloaded/imbalanced servers. At some point we have to start blaming players for being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    So this is how far the Lore forum has fallen? Eesh.
    I take it back, BfA is not the lowest the games lore could have gone, this thread proves that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    And just like the thread before it, let's back away from sexualizing Azshara and return to the original topic at hand.

Due to the total f-up by Blizzard in not implementing A) Faction specific queues and B) too late implementing faction specific transfers we have now started to see a snowball effect towards the end times. Some servers are at massive imbalance and it's getting worse. The implementation of faction specific transfers might have stalled it a bit but for some servers I fear this is too late. My suggestion is this, and it is a drastic one: Server Merges. I know this cant fix the all servers because PvP servers often tend to lean towards horde superiority. The problems starts to show at 40/60 imbalance and it quickly goes down hill. Basically: Merge any 70/30 servers with other servers with the same but opposite imbalance, or 20/80 or 35/65. What ever number is picked, it is important this happens sooner rather than later.

Server identity is out of the window now. Who cares if they play on "this-or-that" server anymore. We just want faction balance.

If no merges are to happen, then I think I speak for everyone when I ask that Blizzard either open up for A) free transfers for both factions between ALL servers (including PvP<->PvE<->RP in which ever order you want) or B) start up paid transfers so everyone can make up their own mind.

EDIT #1: An addition suggestion would be to shut down any of the dying servers and let them transfer off to low pop factions of other servers.

EDIT #2: Following the suggestions of posters I have changed my caps to underline instead to better set the tone. My reason was to put emphasis on the words, not to seem like a loudmouth ranter.
    Selective memory, you mostly remember being outnumbered because it was inconvenient. Yes for some servers it is true, but faction specific ques? You know that many servers haven't had ques for more than a month, with the occasional 30min que on sunday evening.
    Faction specific transfers? It is very unlikely that people would move to another server because they are in the dominant faction. Further, you would have to balance the new servers aswell which looks like an impossible task to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    They give constant server transfers to try to balance out overloaded/imbalanced servers. At some point we have to start blaming players for being stupid.
    They are not being stupid. They are giving themselves the best chance of a win or mostly uninterrupted PVE play while on PVP realms. That's a choice and one that is understandable. I still prefer the model of playing on a PVE realm and just flagging up when I want (of which Warmode in BfA is a direct descendant).

I don't know that I've ever seen someone complaining about server imbalance if they were on the plus side of the split.
    “We live in a moment where everything immediately seems to default to outrage. There’s a kind of M.O. of either it’s exactly how I see it, or you’re my enemy.”

They are not being stupid. They are giving themselves the best chance of a win or mostly uninterrupted PVE play while on PVP realms. That's a choice and one that is understandable. I still prefer the model of playing on a PVE realm and just flagging up when I want (of which Warmode in BfA is a direct descendant).

I don't know that I've ever seen someone complaining about server imbalance if they were on the plus side of the split.
    The eternal question of wow

What do players prefer....the challenge or winning

Answer they will bitch about the challenge but will always take the win

Balance can't be forced because in truth, most people don't want to be on a balanced server. The only kind of open world PVP that a lot of people are interested in is the kind where they know they will win.

The only thing they ever do with servers is to try and make too-crowded servers less so. They aren't going to merge anything.
    Agree 100%.
    Also, too many only want honor points, not wpvp per se. Thats why we have hunting raid groups.

+1. Usually it's only the losing side that asks for balance. The winning side doesn't seem to be bothered by it in the least. People always gravitated towards their faction's server. Even with BGs and arenas, people did that so they'd have "the best people" to choose from as their teammates.

The only way to create true balance is to completely ditch servers, have one massive server (assuming there would be a tech that would allow it). And even that may end up with people crossing over to one faction only.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by liberaet View Post
    What's the fun in this?
    Ask the 60 hordies who were chasing the 20 alliance. Those people find it fun. And it's your 1 to their 60. I'll tell what is "fun": winning.

Server merges? are you insane. I dont want to sit in queue for 4 to 10 hours because you cant pick a server...

My server is just fine. Play on a different server if the balance bothers you.

addons
    weakauras
    Lua Wall of Shame
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    My server is just fine. Play on a different server if the balance bothers you.
    And people who were outnumbered did this, which meant that those who stayed were even more outnumbered.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    Selective memory, you mostly remember being outnumbered because it was inconvenient. Yes for some servers it is true, but faction specific ques? You know that many servers haven't had ques for more than a month, with the occasional 30min que on sunday evening.
    Faction specific transfers? It is very unlikely that people would move to another server because they are in the dominant faction. Further, you would have to balance the new servers aswell which looks like an impossible task to me.
    Thank you. This is the kindof level headed response I've been looking for instead of the constant reeeee that alot of others are spewing. If everyone could take a page from your book, this forum would again be a place of discussion instead of constant outrage. To answer your question: Faction specific transfers is already active, and I suppose it might have some effect as we've seen A:H balance evening out on (some) servers the last week. I figure the tryhard horde honor farmers the are soley out for ranking have realised that its hard to farm HKs on a server with no alliance to kill so they transfer off. My point of faction specific transfers would add a further incitament to transfer away.

Now, as some have correctly pointed out, alliance is out-numbered on almost every single PvP server currently (with very few exceptions) so there arent that many servers available for horde to transfer to if they want a close to 50/50 balance.
    “Listen... Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” – Dennis

You know what is causing the imbalance? That this...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumkin View Post
    the main problem is alliance is just bad at pvp, all servers are dominated by horde not because of population but because alliance players are beta pve'ers who worship asmongold
    ...is not only the juvenile rambling of some lonely person who feels insecure about his gender, but also the official Blizzard narrative.

This is the faction-identity they promote. And have been promoting for more than a decade. You cannot blame players for following the path the devs want them to take.

Would you join a faction declared "beta" by both the 12yo AND Blizzard? The answer for most people is: No.

Add this to the pile of arguments already given here plenty of times, the most important of which is that a large portion of PvPers (which are mainly Horde) matching PERFECTLY the description given in the quote above...and therefore WANTING to play on a server where actual danger in combat with the other faction is minimal.

The fight against faction imbalance in WoW has been lost for many, many years.

Edit:
    I'm already stocking popcorn for the BG launches when Horde players will sit in hour-long Qs. Somebody mentioned something like "launching BGs would help". Oh hell yes! It will help to escalate the situation further! BG-Qs will be our first real, official measurement of the faction-imbalance in PvP content. It will be GLORIOUS!
    Last edited by Nathasil; 2019-11-20 at 09:30 AM.

Hoohoo, if only the game went through this the first 6 years of its existence and we have what we have today and all the changes and balances for the faction problems.

Server balance will never exist, people dont care about balance, even the "PvPers" showed this when everyone had the same stats and the forums exploded about how they hate it, they want to win, balance be damned.

The average plebeian only remembers how he randomly 2 shotted someone leveling when he was already 1 year in the game/expansion geared, because the stars aligned back in 2005-2010 period, he doesnt remember how the more progressed players would 1 shot him etc.

This is what people want, the majority at least, they know its Bear-->Dog-->Cat-->Mouse, they pretend to not care about the Bear and the Dogs destroying them as Cats, but sure as hell they want to destroy the mouses, and when they are the mouse, all hell erupts about server balance.

Get destroyed, enjoy it or quit, or even better, they need to get those server transfers out to make more $ from desperate people to return to being the Dog/Cat.

Which ultimately means one thing: People don't want balanced factions. They want their faction to be the bigger one.

No changes.

People were miserable in Vanilla. People are miserable now. Working as intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    You know what is causing the imbalance? That this...

...is not only the juvenile rambling of some lonely person who feels insecure about his gender, but also the official Blizzard narrative.

This is the faction-identity they promote. And have been promoting for more than a decade. You cannot blame players for following the path the devs want them to take.

Would you join a faction declared "beta" by both the 12yo AND Blizzard? The answer for most people is: No.

Add this to the pile of arguments already given here plenty of times, the most important of which is that a large portion of PvPers (which are mainly Horde) matching PERFECTLY the description given in the quote above...and therefore WANTING to play on a server where actual danger in combat with the other faction is minimal.

The fight against faction imbalance in WoW has been lost for many, many years.

Edit:
    I'm already stocking popcorn for the BG launches when Horde players will sit in hour-long Qs. Somebody mentioned something like "launching BGs would help". Oh hell yes! It will help to escalate the situation further! BG-Qs will be our first real, official measurement of the faction-imbalance in PvP content. It will be GLORIOUS!
    alliance beta mad cuz bad KEKW go worship asmongold