Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ssateneth View Post
    you cant force people to play specific factions. its also a fact that pve realms will be dominated by alliance and pvp realms dominated by horde, so pvp realms will almost always have alliance players complaining about being rolled by huge horde raids.
    Don't understand that logic really, I play horde on a horde-dominated server and I don't have any fun engaging in rolling over allies.

Last week I saw when a raid of like 60 hordies was chasing around 20 allies in Hillsbrad, I don't really see any fun in this. Even if I engage in 1v1, quite often another hordie passing by jumps in and we 2v1 kill the ally. What's the fun in this? The only thing it will do is discourage allies from participating in World PvP at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sunxsera View Post
    I think they should watch pvp server population, otherwise we `ll have dead & unbalanced servers all over again.

- they shouldnt open too many servers; so servers don ´t die out after the hype is gone
    - check server population & try to balance them

It has nothing to do with pvp anymore if the ratio is 80/20 for one faction.

Of course balancing should only happen on pvp serves.
    Huh .. i knew it would happen

Played on a vanilla PvP server, which is exactly why I didn't go PvP this time around. I remember being camped as soon as landing in Kargath, and dying 5 more times trying to get into Black Rock Mountain.

PvP servers are interesting while everyone is leveling, because it is kind of like Warmode in retail, sometimes people ignore each other just to keep on questing, other times small brawls break out. As soon as the Honor system comes in though, flight points and high population areas camping becomes a thing though. Yes, there are some epic battles, but it'll get old quick enough.

Also, PvP servers almost always tend to get very one sided (heck, even most PvE servers do) because a majority don't want a fair fight in the open world. They want to steamroll and never have to fight 1v3 odds. This isn't new, and if you rolled on a PvP server in classic and are now complaining, you're either brand new to this game or were completely ignorant.

Some of this is solved once BGs are in, there will be less camping of FPs and such, but don't ever think a opposite faction raid in BRM is going to let you just walk on by to the entrance of MC.

Best thing is on the PvE server I'm on, there is often a huge battle going on in Hillsbrad. So you can still get honor and HKs if you opt into it, but you don't get punished everywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Storfan View Post
    It is true that you cannot force it, but blizzard nowadays got the tools to somewhat manage it to some extent. When they have the power - why not use it if it creates a better game experience for everyone?

I dunno about common. As I mentioned above, I believe I know of 1 server merge in late vanilla (or might have been TBC). Burning Blade-EU and some other server. Maybe it was done on US servers aswell that I dont know of.

Perhaps they do. Infact they probably do. Maybe they are just waiting for players to clamour for it. So, here I am.

You're making a blanket statement that I simply don't believe to be true. I would go as long as to claim that in separate skirmishes sure, people ofcourse want to be on the winning side (As Conan put it: "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women!") but for the sake of long term longivety of a realm I truly don't believe anyone want to be on a 100% one-sided "PvP"-realm., I mean, whats the point in that?
    What's the point of a one sided pvp realm? Really? You haven't talked to many people who only do pvp. They woould love things being one sided because it would let them troll a person for hours, corpse camping them. There's been entire threads on this very forum of people talking about how they love denying people on the other faction of their game time.

3+ Year Old Account
    The only solution is deleting faction.

But since I mentioned it Blizzard will try to find another way because it would hurt their fragile ego if they had to admit some random dude on the internet is smarter than them.

#NOCHANGES

If I wanted retail changes I’d play retail. In fact I’m in favor of bringing back the old hamsters that used to power the servers. This “classic” version is waaaaaay to stable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Be that as it may. Blizzard has merged servers before. In vanilla I believe they merged Burning blade-EU with *some other server*.
    I'm going to have to ask for the evidence of this.

- - - Updated - - -

Accepting a bad situation as a fact of life when you have the tools to remedy it is just foolish.
    Exactly, you have the tools (the ability to re-roll)... and its clear you chose NOT to use them.

The problem that exists is your fault, and people like you.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

the main problem is alliance is just bad at pvp, all servers are dominated by horde not because of population but because alliance players are beta pve'ers who worship asmongold

Server merges will not solve the problem. It's been done on retail and Blizzard has always regretted doing it because it solved nothing, which is why they eventually implemented sharding. Even a small imbalance will eventually snowball into a larger and larger imbalance over time. It wasn't until sharding that faction imbalance got better, but even with sharding you still have imbalances in world PvP. And while sharding could help, it is something that so fundamentally goes against the philosophy of classic, it will not and should not be implemented. Because of this (and merging not being a viable option), imbalance is just something you have to accept as part of classic. It will die down though, this is the first week of phase 2 so it should be expected that world pvp will be at an all time high right now.

Edit: And faction queues are in no way an option. Not allowing people to login because they chose the superior faction is a far worse option. Even if one faction is subject to ganking, they can still login and play. There are ways around much of the world pvp. There's no way around a 3 hr long forced queue. You're taking a problem and replacing it with an even worse one.
    Last edited by BananaHandsB; 2019-11-19 at 07:32 PM.

We just want faction balance.
    I could not care less about faction balance. So no, "we" do not want it. It is of no benefit to me if the Horde has as many players on my server compared to Alliance. I understand there's a PvP aspect and que times and ladders, etc, etc. But none of that is even out yet, so it's unclear to me on how these are desperate times.

I would prefer Blizzard not waste time or resources on such "changes".

10+ Year Old Account
    We just want faction balance.
    You aren't going to get it.

If no merges are to happen, then I think I speak for everyone
    You don't

so everyone can make up their own mind.
    They DID make up their mind by not not taking the server transfers when they were offered.
    Last edited by Seranthor; 2019-11-19 at 08:24 PM.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

So are you saying people who want pvp servers and want to gank people hur dur dur are not happy anymore because they are getting ganked in pvp due to faction imbalance

You have what you signed for, now get lost and reroll on a pve server

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't say I'm following the OPs logic. Seems weak.

Surely, if they're correct in saying most PvP servers are heavily-horde-weighted, then if you start merging opposite-ratio servers, you're going to fix the issue for some servers, and make the remaining servers even worse off than before because you've got a large remainder of horde players.

I mean, at the end of the day if the total number of horde PvPers is much higher, you're still going to have a large number remaining after balancing the rest... all stuck on completely horde-dominated realms.

But hey, what do I know. I never was any good at logic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Realtalk View Post
    #NOCHANGES

If I wanted retail changes I’d play retail. In fact I’m in favor of bringing back the old hamsters that used to power the servers. This “classic” version is waaaaaay to stable.
    sometimes i wonder if you nochanges crowd actually read threads, or you just copy and paste the mantra you repeat into threads by rote.
    I mean, you'd actually want crappier servers just for a dose of nostalgia? Who the hell gets nostalgic about unstable servers? You people baffle me. I once had a quad bike accident and my leg was in agony for days. Doesn't mean next time i go quad biking i'll want to recreate the leg injury... But hey, if being Dced or stuck in lag is your idea of fun on your computer after a long day at work, more power to you, friend.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Balance can't be forced because in truth, most people don't want to be on a balanced server. The only kind of open world PVP that a lot of people are interested in is the kind where they know they will win.

The only thing they ever do with servers is to try and make too-crowded servers less so. They aren't going to merge anything.
    this is all that has to be said. all this nonsense crying about balance dor wpvp wether its lvl, faction or number or gear is just blabla.

OP wouldnt be crying if his faction was dominating.

play on a pve server and go for balanced bgs.

wpvp was never balanced and will never be

5+ Year Old Account
    I'd love to see faction specific queues on one sided servers, just to see all those people cry about not being able to play the game on their server where their faction greatly outnumbers the other side.

The sweet irony.

They give constant server transfers to try to balance out overloaded/imbalanced servers. At some point we have to start blaming players for being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Due to the total f-up by Blizzard in not implementing A) Faction specific queues and B) too late implementing faction specific transfers we have now started to see a snowball effect towards the end times. Some servers are at massive imbalance and it's getting worse. The implementation of faction specific transfers might have stalled it a bit but for some servers I fear this is too late. My suggestion is this, and it is a drastic one: Server Merges. I know this cant fix the all servers because PvP servers often tend to lean towards horde superiority. The problems starts to show at 40/60 imbalance and it quickly goes down hill. Basically: Merge any 70/30 servers with other servers with the same but opposite imbalance, or 20/80 or 35/65. What ever number is picked, it is important this happens sooner rather than later.

Server identity is out of the window now. Who cares if they play on "this-or-that" server anymore. We just want faction balance.

If no merges are to happen, then I think I speak for everyone when I ask that Blizzard either open up for A) free transfers for both factions between ALL servers (including PvP<->PvE<->RP in which ever order you want) or B) start up paid transfers so everyone can make up their own mind.

EDIT #1: An addition suggestion would be to shut down any of the dying servers and let them transfer off to low pop factions of other servers.

EDIT #2: Following the suggestions of posters I have changed my caps to underline instead to better set the tone. My reason was to put emphasis on the words, not to seem like a loudmouth ranter.
    Selective memory, you mostly remember being outnumbered because it was inconvenient. Yes for some servers it is true, but faction specific ques? You know that many servers haven't had ques for more than a month, with the occasional 30min que on sunday evening.
    Faction specific transfers? It is very unlikely that people would move to another server because they are in the dominant faction. Further, you would have to balance the new servers aswell which looks like an impossible task to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    They give constant server transfers to try to balance out overloaded/imbalanced servers. At some point we have to start blaming players for being stupid.
    They are not being stupid. They are giving themselves the best chance of a win or mostly uninterrupted PVE play while on PVP realms. That's a choice and one that is understandable. I still prefer the model of playing on a PVE realm and just flagging up when I want (of which Warmode in BfA is a direct descendant).

I don't know that I've ever seen someone complaining about server imbalance if they were on the plus side of the split.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

They are not being stupid. They are giving themselves the best chance of a win or mostly uninterrupted PVE play while on PVP realms. That's a choice and one that is understandable. I still prefer the model of playing on a PVE realm and just flagging up when I want (of which Warmode in BfA is a direct descendant).

I don't know that I've ever seen someone complaining about server imbalance if they were on the plus side of the split.
    The eternal question of wow

What do players prefer....the challenge or winning

Answer they will bitch about the challenge but will always take the win

Balance can't be forced because in truth, most people don't want to be on a balanced server. The only kind of open world PVP that a lot of people are interested in is the kind where they know they will win.

The only thing they ever do with servers is to try and make too-crowded servers less so. They aren't going to merge anything.
    Agree 100%.
    Also, too many only want honor points, not wpvp per se. Thats why we have hunting raid groups.