Holy Paladin as a DPS spec?

Hear me out. Whether the game needs it or not, there is no caster spec that deals Holy or Radiant damage with most of its arsenal. This is a quick concept of turning Holy Paladin from healer to damage-dealer.

- Spells no longer heal unless specified.

- Mastery: Lightbringer causes your damaging spells to call down a beam of light on the target that does area-effect Radiant damage.

- Holy Shock becomes instant cast and costs no mana.

- Holy Light behaves similar to the Concentrated Flame essence.

- Sanctified Wrath behaves similar to the Blood of the Enemy essence, dealing Holy damage instead of Shadow (naturally).

- Light's Hammer and Holy Prism become baseline spells.

- New spell Undying Light behaves similar to the Azeroth's Undying Gift essence.

- Infusion of Light is no longer a passive, but a new spell that behaves similar to the Focused Azerite Beam essence.

- Beacon of Light becomes a damaging spell, behaving similar to the Ripple in Space essence.

- Light of the Matyr could be turned into a new spell that turns your spells back into healing spells for a short time.

Could Holy be a candidate for a Plate-wearing, ranged-caster spec? Would you miss it being a healing spec? Discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by Xorzor View Post
    Hear me out. Whether the game needs it or not, there is no caster spec that deals Holy or Radiant damage with most of its arsenal. This is a quick concept of turning Holy Paladin from healer to damage-dealer.

- Spells no longer heal unless specified.

- Mastery: Lightbringer causes your damaging spells to call down a beam of light on the target that does area-effect Radiant damage.

- Holy Shock becomes instant cast and costs no mana.

- Holy Light behaves similar to the Concentrated Flame essence.

- Sanctified Wrath behaves similar to the Blood of the Enemy essence, dealing Holy damage instead of Shadow (naturally).

- Light's Hammer and Holy Prism become baseline spells.

- New spell Undying Light behaves similar to the Azeroth's Undying Gift essence.

- Infusion of Light is no longer a passive, but a new spell that behaves similar to the Focused Azerite Beam essence.

- Beacon of Light becomes a damaging spell, behaving similar to the Ripple in Space essence.

- Light of the Matyr could be turned into a new spell that turns your spells back into healing spells for a short time.

Could Holy be a candidate for a Plate-wearing, ranged-caster spec? Would you miss it being a healing spec? Discuss.
    While I don't know if your concept would really work (or let's say: I would prefer a separate spec), I would really love a holy range damage dealer, be it a shockadin or priest spec.

I'm totally down with giving both prot and holy a DPS option. I feel it fits the lore really well with all 3 specs being able to DPS honestly. When I say option, I mean similar to gladiator warrior. You are a DPS spec, you cannot effectively tank or heal as a DPS holy or DPS prot spec.

I especially want a DPS prot spec -- Crusading pally with a big giant shield just slamming enemies to purified dust with a big giant glowing shield... I can dream! D2-inspired pally as a DPS spec. ktnx.

I think Holy should remain a healer but be a support melee healer (which would make them lose their ability to be primary tank heals, but so be it). So like something to the effect of your attacks (CS/Judge/etc.) heal up to X friendly targets based on the damage they do and generate HP or equivalent which you can spend on healing ability (the counter to Ret who spends it on damage and, when Prot had HP, spending it on defensive). Mostly passive healing through damage (less than DPS obviously) but the ability to do big single target or AOE heals when the shit hits the fan. So you stay up close, your abilities buffing your allies and healing them. Even something like Consecration healing friendly targets and damaging enemies (or is Light's Hammer still around? That was a great ability and really the sort of style Holy Paladin should be).

Pretty much I want the Shamicar from RIFT. No paladin spec should be sitting back away from the action, well not unless we got an "Inquisitor" ranged DPS spec that shot out bolts of light.

As a fourth Paladin spec, would be good.