Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    Also the other important point is that only 2 left from the original 180 workers of the entire starting team (which isn't normal that 99% of the team that build a company leave in merely 30 years) e
    I'm not arguing with the rest of this post, but this is objectively, 100% untrue, and it evidences the total lack of real world experience that most of the full-time forum whiners here have. Hitting 30 years tenure with any company is a massive milestone, especially considering it represents more than half of the average working life-time. Having worked in organisations with thousands of staff and a single person >30 years service, 2/180 is actually pretty impressive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    I'm not arguing with the rest of this post, but this is objectively, 100% untrue, and it evidences the total lack of real world experience that most of the full-time forum whiners here have. Hitting 30 years tenure with any company is a massive milestone, especially considering it represents more than half of the average working life-time. Having worked in organisations with thousands of staff and a single person >30 years service, 2/180 is actually pretty impressive.
    in AAST in alexandria egypt, the salary system is exponential-like, it starts low but the more time u spend the higher u get
    in case u missed it i assume u live in a non egyptian sh8thole country, at least from what i saw in this forum Morocco (also 3rd world country) this is normal there, that u spend ur life in it
    When i made this thread i did NOT know that the normal in non egyptian countries that u change companies that much, because this is exact opposite here, because if u leave a job u probably won't replace it and u r f8cked
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post
    Yup, there aren't many people who work for the same company for 30 years, but you can't expect sam86 to be unbiased.
    There are if your company doesn't create unrealistic expectations and shit on their employees and make them leave, that is the single biggest issue I see in all industries.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    There are if your company doesn't create unrealistic expectations and shit on their employees and make them leave, that is the single biggest issue I see in all industries.
    Not really, no. 30 years is the majority of your working career (realisticly over 60%) and to expect a single company to offer many of their employees a realistic career path with regular promotions and salary increases over 30 years is only something a truly spoiled millenial would do. When you've made the step from say junior to senior software developer and then want to aim for lead* etc there are only so many opportunities within the company and you'll usually have to look elsewhere if you don't want to patiently wait for your chance (which may never come).

5+ Year Old Account
    That and the Activi$$ion takeover explains things.

Quote Originally Posted by liberaet View Post
    It doesn't really matter if 99% of the employees have changed or 1%, what's important is that Blizzard is no longed just following upon their creative ideas and passion, they are now mired in all those corporate interests. And the 3 ex-Blizzard employees elaborate on that quite clearly.
    It always turns out that way. At first, they developed and earned credibility. And we saw a really high-quality games. Now, they are only interested in profit. Therefore, the merger of corporations, the value of shares, etc ..

Ohh noes Blizzard has completely changed, yeah companys have to change and adapt to not go under, nothing new and is a rule that apply to all companys.

A company founded in 1991 completely changed ? who would have tought. More news at 11. Water is wet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I believe that there are people there that are passionate about the stuff they create, World design team and the graphic side especially. WoW looks more gorgeous than ever, the sound design is still wonderful. Of course there are probably some people there who probably see its just a job to 'cash in them cheques'. Those people are in every job. I am that guy in my workplace, I am constantly in that that 'think of the money' mode. I actually hate working where I do lol.
    I have always agreed that the two areas where WoW gets so little recognition for the achievements are art and especially sound design. Think about it; what does a chaos bolt sound like? What does a prayer of mending sound like? Yet both are so iconic in the game that I adopted the later as my receiving text alert. It’s one of the little things done so well in this game.

Has there ever been a complaint that “X” level looks bad that they should have included “X, Y, Z”? No. The artwork of the world has always been pretty damn exceptional. You may have zones you don’t like but you just don’t like the theme, you never say the art looks bad. Yes, there has been bad zone design, Stonetalon Mountain I absolutely loathe, but again... purely subjective.
    The most persecuted minority is the individual.

7+ Year Old Account
    At my job, we have people who have bee working there for 40-50yrs. Huge lists of them, I know because every month we get lists of everyones anniversary at the company. Also, a much larger company who employees many more hundreds of thousands of people, but still. 30yrs is a huge deal when the company has only been around.....30yrs

People retire and move on.

30 years is more than a lot of people work in a primary job roll in a lifetime. 20 years is also an extremely long time for most people to work for a company. Hell, 10 years is a long time even.

Not saying things have not changed, maybe for the worse....but this is how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    Also the other important point is that only 2 left from the original 180 workers of the entire starting team (which isn't normal that 99% of the team that build a company leave in merely 30 years)
    This is just extremely ignorant.

Source - have worked in software for ~23 years.
    Retired GM of Temerity - US Top 50 raiding on a strict 3 nights since Ulduar. Check us out!
    https://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/hyjal/Temerity

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I like your posts.

However, there is a debate whether water is indeed actually wet
    Crap I forgot about that. I need a new flippant response to obvious statements.

I like your posts.

Wouldn't that be more of a debate over what "wet" actually means?

I like your posts.

Well. One could say that water is not wet, but objects that is not water and is touched by water is wet. but isn't water sorta touching itself ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    You don't know how the job market works if you think working for the same company for 30 years is the rule and not the exception
    No but employer's expect far too much of their employees in general now, some are great but most have unrealistic expectations which over time can generate animosity towards the employer or company. Humans need to be working less and getting more to be more effective in life.