Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
9
10
... LastLast
  1. #141
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    I've been slacking and raid logging a lot but I generally don't like pugging dungeons, I don't need any gear from them either which affects the overall desire to run them. the main issue is just logging in and instantly having multiple ppl wisp you for dungeon runs. ultimately its a shame classic didn't have heroics they really did keep the 5 man game alive a lot longer. once you start raiding and getting gear, blasting through dungeons just isn't all that fun or worth the time.

    generally speaking, I'm talented as 8/0/43 so mt, I can't hold aggro that well if ppl go all out on the pull. so it makes dungeon runs somewhat slower and more threat bouncy if ppl aren't careful. most ppl aren't so i end up yoyoing most of the time. most dungeons like strath and scholo are ass pull fests.
    Your spec is not that good for any role. You put too much into weird and useless talents like Iron Will and Anticipation. I main tank for my guild and sit at 364 defense in my tank gear and with me switching to Fury/Prot, I have 350. Not only that, but not having Anger Management for is just really not a great idea. If you're spamming Sunder Armor, you're doing it wrong.

    Basically, get shield block up and Revenge everything you can. Two sunders should be more than enough on a given target (barring chain crits from a DPS) if you are rotating Revenge, Shield Slam, Demo Shout, and Heroic Strike as much as possible. 2-3 targets should never be a problem for holding threat on a Warrior. You should be able to get safely ahead of any DPS as long as you're watching threat on each target. Classicthreatmeter has a nice built in feature that turns the default health bars certain colors based on your aggro to the mob. Red = threat, yellow = losing threat, green = no threat. Helped me a lot as I got used to it again.

    Try this spec:
    https://classic.wowhead.com/talent-c...50110530121051

  2. #142
    The Lightbringer Heathy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    3,993
    I notice the stun resists from iron will, it helps me with trash my main problem at the moment is the severe lack of +hit thats mostly it really i changed to 11/5/35 but put 3 points into defence and none in imp revenge because most things in raids can't be stunned. basically that build you linked but defence instead of imp heroic strike, the problem with heroic strike is usually not the rage cost but the delay it has built into it. its so fucking slow to heroic strike and cleave shit in this version of wow.

    I sunder, then slam, then alternate between slams and heroic strikes using revenge when it activates ofc. my build has been perfectly fine, for raiding, its just not that great in dungeons because ppl don't play the game like they used to. its all try harding. too many ppl are glass cannons, they don't suffer so much from a decrease in survivability but they do make too much aggro, but ppl inherently want to push the limit as far as it will go, unfortunately there is a limit.

    if you want to know where iron will actually is noticeable, core hounds with aoe stun, ghennas, and the trash after garr, the pyroclastic barrage, with iron will i notice myself resisting those occasionally.

    ill probably end up bidding on the acuria band and getting the ring from AV exalted, with strikers mark and my t1 gloves that should be, 5% hit. but atm i only have 1% hit, 2% if i use the green trinket with 1% + hit from the hinterlands quest chain. I ran lbrs for a while to try get the crossbow but i sorta gave up running that, i'd probably get strikers mark before that cbow drops. i don't notice it too much but every so often you do get strings of misses or a miss miss parry dodge and that is bad for threat.

    ive collected gear that allows me to tank reasonably well but i don't have much dps gear to swap out, I have the leather head peice from the unforgiven and the mail chest with 2% crit from brd. thats pretty much it, when i do dps or when we're fighting a boss and i don't have to tank, i use ironfoe and the bashguuder but most of the time i just like to be ready to tank and mitigate damage well. i don't want to be a paper tank.

    I don't demo shout that much on bosses anymore because we need the rage for threat most of the time. not many bosses in t1 are really worth using demo on, maybe ragnaros (or golemagg because we just tank the dogs on top of him) i sometimes use it on him, the trash is more deadly than the bosses when it comes to raw physical damage, like the two packs of destroyers with the double stun, ill demo those or the reavers that cleave. all in all i'm missing the legs of t1 and ill be full t1, the sunder threat bonus isn't much but it should improve the initial aggro when you run in and the first thing you do is sunder sunder sunder, i think in terms of threat, with the + hit i'm lacking, should be fine for progression.

    this is my gear atm missing rings bow, shield, t1 legs and i'm done with t1. can get a ring and a shield from AV exalted so that shouldn't be too difficult. just the fun part of classic waiting for the amazing rng to roll in your favour. i think we've done like 9 raids, first eye went to a shadow priest who hasn't logged in since, we haven't seen a single ingot afaik, we did get a binding but ill maybe bid on the second pair. had like 2 aurastones, no shields, 5 or so brutality blades its just like the good old days of shitty rng.

    if i'm doing dps i just use this gear and i'm just always ready to throw on a shield and taunt. sometimes i won't even bother doing that and ill just change weapons because meh. atm we are only like 3 tanks 1 druid and another warrior with gear like me, the rest are all dps so some ppl have to be actual tanks.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2019-11-25 at 07:02 PM.

  3. #143
    If you're struggling with threat then you likely need to fix your rotation. SS/BT > revenge >SA >HS(when you have rage to spare). You also need to get hit capped which is 6% at 305 weapon skill or 9% at 300. You have mask of the unforgiven and should be using it to tank with until you're hit capped. You can also get lionheart helm which is also a very nice for threat.

    Your talents are bad. If you want to cheese stuns then pop a FAP potion on the trash/bosses where it's relevant. here is what deep prot should look like all of the points in imp revenge are flexible.

    You can drop most of your defense gear for dps gear as well. It's kinda of pointless to run with full defense gear while having a shield on 24/7. You get more than enough mitigation from shield block alone.
    Last edited by Break The Ice; 2019-11-26 at 12:03 AM.
    No collusion. No obstruction.

  4. #144
    Imagine whining about the lack of tanks yet decides to play a DPS...

    Love life as a tank, i can choose what i want when i want.
    And i only need to have 17 points in protection so i'm able to have a perfectly working DPS / PvP spec at the same time.

  5. #145
    Another major reason...there is no end game for many tanks..the MT and offtank positions are taken. They see no point to it after they realize this and re-roll. That is exactly what I am doing.
    ** When you realize the person you're talking to is so clueless that they think you're the idiot **

  6. #146
    Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    It is so bad that now people are selling tank services.....

    It was less of a problem in bfa but the best time to find a tank was around legion IMO, the mechanics were simple enough so it was an enjoyable role.

    Contrary to tanks, Healers are more fun than retail, you can use the same addons and all but the mechanics are much simpler and you don't have to dps too or do anything except spamming heals. There are times where it's easier to find a healer than a dps.

    The problem with vanilla is that most hybrids are not viable as tanks but as healers only so that leaves warriors as the only tanking option but most of them prefer to go dps because the class offers great dps and they are better for pvp like this too SO in the end there is none who can tank dungeons at all. If you add the complexity of the tanking role on top of this then it's an overkill.
    I am a dps/pvp warrior. I tanked 5 mans all the time, like non stop. The thing is, past tense, I did. I have my stuff and now the pvp patch is out, I'm busy pvping.

  7. #147
    There is no way I'm going to waste my time tanking for a pug unless I'm payed. If a geared tank has zero monetary value to the community, have fun looking for a fresh undergeared tank that still is interested in the content.

    On the other hand if I'm tanking for a guildie, I'm going to ensure that no one else in the group needs his/her drop. This means I'll either reserve the item, or just make sure we don't invite melee/caster pugs for example.

    These are the 2 most common things I see people complain about, but they aren't going away. I don't play this game so I can fullfil the tank roll for every group in LFG and just be that altruistic nice guy everyone on the server loves. My play time is a limited valuable resource, and I try to maximize it by doing something productive for me or my guild.

  8. #148
    I wouldn't say extinct, more that most people have been lead to believe that only warriors can tank, which is false. What's especially sad, is that people have this notion for something as trivial as dungeons....

  9. #149
    Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    The tank problem is even worse than retail, I can't find a tank at all and the tanks that join my group usually have requirements like being paid or res an item. I managed to finish the entire brd without a tank because I had an 60 lvl warrior who could tank in dps gear, he was raid geared. Lbrs+ is very hard without a clean tank and you can't outlevel the dungeons.

    Is it me or this is a serious problem?
    If you're a Warrior... then why don't you tank?

    It's not like you can ask a Warlock to switch to tank spec. You are the tank class.

  10. #150
    Shocking, the game with like 80% less viable tank specs and the only tank spec left being a fucking dreadful horseshit experience to level.... has fewer tanks. Did not see that one coming.

  11. #151
    Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    The tank problem is even worse than retail, I can't find a tank at all and the tanks that join my group usually have requirements like being paid or res an item. I managed to finish the entire brd without a tank because I had an 60 lvl warrior who could tank in dps gear, he was raid geared. Lbrs+ is very hard without a clean tank and you can't outlevel the dungeons.

    Is it me or this is a serious problem?
    It was a problem in VAnilla, but it is part of the charm you all had for private servers and Classic. So, you can roll a warrior and tank, roll a prot pally or feral druid and hope people will take you, or just deal with it. This is what it was and Blizzard will keep it this way because this is what you all wanted.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by last1214 View Post
    There is no way I'm going to waste my time tanking for a pug unless I'm payed. If a geared tank has zero monetary value to the community, have fun looking for a fresh undergeared tank that still is interested in the content.

    On the other hand if I'm tanking for a guildie, I'm going to ensure that no one else in the group needs his/her drop. This means I'll either reserve the item, or just make sure we don't invite melee/caster pugs for example.

    These are the 2 most common things I see people complain about, but they aren't going away. I don't play this game so I can fullfil the tank roll for every group in LFG and just be that altruistic nice guy everyone on the server loves. My play time is a limited valuable resource, and I try to maximize it by doing something productive for me or my guild.
    Yup the good old days of community on display right here folks.

  12. #152
    Quote Originally Posted by Khallid View Post
    If you're a Warrior... then why don't you tank?

    It's not like you can ask a Warlock to switch to tank spec. You are the tank class.
    Warlocks can tank dungeons. By the time a raid become "puggable" or on farm a warlock can tank it as well.

  13. #153
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    It was a problem in VAnilla, but it is part of the charm you all had for private servers and Classic. So, you can roll a warrior and tank, roll a prot pally or feral druid and hope people will take you, or just deal with it. This is what it was and Blizzard will keep it this way because this is what you all wanted.
    Eh, dont know if it is problem on streamer servers or in US, but neither server on EU I play on has had any problem with playing Feral tanks(all instances) or even Shaman tanks(outside UBRS).
    Cant say for paladins since I dont play alliance sadly.

    Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    Yup the good old days of community on display right here folks.
    True, like in the good ol' days friends and guildies come first and fuck the people who mistreat you or someone of them.

    Like I said earlier on this threat, the avg pug player mistreats the tanks so much that it is not worth the time and stress to tank for them.

    Be nice to people and they usually help you out unless you're unreasonable.

  14. #154
    Quote Originally Posted by curupuru View Post
    Eh, dont know if it is problem on streamer servers or in US, but neither server on EU I play on has had any problem with playing Feral tanks(all instances) or even Shaman tanks(outside UBRS).
    Cant say for paladins since I dont play alliance sadly.



    True, like in the good ol' days friends and guildies come first and fuck the people who mistreat you or someone of them.

    Like I said earlier on this threat, the avg pug player mistreats the tanks so much that it is not worth the time and stress to tank for them.

    Be nice to people and they usually help you out unless you're unreasonable.
    That was just a commentary on how people weren't really any different back then compared to now. It was hard to find tanks back then. You really had to be one or rely on guild tanks because players were dicks back then too.

  15. #155
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    That was just a commentary on how people weren't really any different back then compared to now. It was hard to find tanks back then. You really had to be one or rely on guild tanks because players were dicks back then too.
    Ah, mistook your point then. Sorry about that.

  16. #156
    I thought this said Rank and not Tank was going to say they don't exist because ONCE AGAIN blizzard chose only to update honor for a handful of people!

  17. #157
    Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    Lol for real. The answer to that question is within ourselves. Just ask yourself "why am i not playing a prot warrior". You'll find the answer.
    Beside I'm sure all these mofo dps complaining always kill warriors on sight (for those who are in a pvp realm).
    the answer to this problem is 1 and simply\

    blizzard needs to make playing tank much easier and much more forgiving then playing dps.

  18. #158
    Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    Why do you think every single new class has a tank spec?

    Why do you think that role is the only one that drastically changed throughout the years?

    Yes it's a giant problem in vanilla, live with it, that's the vanilla experience, wasting time searching for tanks is part of that experience.
    Why do retail players seem to infect every classic thread right from the start?
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathHunter View Post
    "the world could always use more heroes" - Blizzard
    Someone does something Heroic.
    Blizzard: Fire them, and everyone associated with the incident.

  19. #159
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    the answer to this problem is 1 and simply\

    blizzard needs to make playing tank much easier and much more forgiving then playing dps.
    Playing a tank is quite easy

    You only have to hold aggro, interrupt and that's it

  20. #160
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    the answer to this problem is 1 and simply\

    blizzard needs to make playing tank much easier and much more forgiving then playing dps.
    We've had 15 years to prepare for this. If tanking is still a arduous task, tanking is not for you.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •