Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    I will queue up with my tank once they add a more convenient way to queue for dungeons. Wouldn't have to be a dungeon finder, but just manually listing up without having to join channels.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Sygmar View Post
    Why would anyone play a tank? Sucks at questing, sucks at pvp.
    You can tank as warrior fury/arms or feral druid

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IKT View Post
    Why do retail players seem to infect every classic thread right from the start?
    I played Vanilla back in the day, played retail, and I played Classic just now.

What I said is objectively true regardless of what I play, or even if I am subbed. I could be a fish typing this from my aquarium and it would still be a true statement.
    The real issue is people like you who hate seeing the "negative" facts being stated because it feels better to live in a bubble where you can tell yourself everything is perfect. Vanilla/classic has severe flaws, it's perfectly fine to acknowledge them and still being able to enjoy the game, nothing is perfect, retail has many flaws as well, closing your eyes to not see them doesn't mean they don't exist and it doesn't improve the objective quality of the game.

I lvld as prot warr back in the days. I stayed prot most of classic and most of BC. NEVER again am I going back to that snoozefest. Or the need to always farm lots of gold for respec. Or being /w by tons of people everyday all day because they need a tank for something, always with this notion that I always wanted to run dungeons I didnt need to run.
    Theres always been this notion that just because you are a tank, you should tank for other grps just because of that - you are the tank. Its like your job or something. Lots of people who play pure dps classes will never get how painful it can be to roll a tank. Yeah you get grps quickly, but thats about it and mostly counts for 5 man dungeons. Raid teams dont really need many tanks. CLassic 5 man is 1 tank, classic 40 man raid is 2 tanks..

Sure it was cool being a vital player in a grp, but besides group content, playing a tank were horrendous in so many ways.

So, when you DO come across a player who is a tank and does his role good - stick to that player. Reward him for dungeon runs in one way or another. Pure gold, enchants, flasks, help him with outdoor content. Dont pester him day in and day out to tank for you, but keep a healthy communication with him.

Since they are rare to come by, especially the good ones, treat them well. Not even joking. DPS is dime a dozen anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    I lvld as prot warr back in the days. I stayed prot most of classic and most of BC. NEVER again am I going back to that snoozefest. Or the need to always farm lots of gold for respec. Or being /w by tons of people everyday all day because they need a tank for something, always with this notion that I always wanted to run dungeons I didnt need to run.
    Theres always been this notion that just because you are a tank, you should tank for other grps just because of that - you are the tank. Its like your job or something. Lots of people who play pure dps classes will never get how painful it can be to roll a tank. Yeah you get grps quickly, but thats about it and mostly counts for 5 man dungeons. Raid teams dont really need many tanks. CLassic 5 man is 1 tank, classic 40 man raid is 2 tanks..

Sure it was cool being a vital player in a grp, but besides group content, playing a tank were horrendous in so many ways.

So, when you DO come across a player who is a tank and does his role good - stick to that player. Reward him for dungeon runs in one way or another. Pure gold, enchants, flasks, help him with outdoor content. Dont pester him day in and day out to tank for you, but keep a healthy communication with him.

Since they are rare to come by, especially the good ones, treat them well. Not even joking. DPS is dime a dozen anyway.
    No need to level as prot to tank dungeons, you can lvl as fury or arms and stilltank.

Anyway at 60 the cost for switching talents for tanks should be 5 g and not 50 g and problem solved

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoLarcos View Post
    No need to level as prot to tank dungeons, you can lvl as fury or arms and stilltank.

Anyway at 60 the cost for switching talents for tanks should be 5 g and not 50 g and problem solved
    Yeah I know that today, I didnt know it back then lol. I payed the ultimate price for that back then - my insanity lol.

Maybe that would be a good change, but a change that I doubt would be taken by hearth in the classic community.

Getting pre raid BiS as a warrior tank is really easy compared to some dps so they have to spend less time in dungeons. Tanking is honestly also miserable outside of raids so people don't really care to go back.

I levelled as a prot warr way back in vanilla, and I am doing it again now. Granted, it is slow, but I am in no rush, and I am enjoying it all over again. I like to tank, and I like prot as a warrior. Makes for an easier time to get into groups for instances, and I just lay out expectations at the get go, and the runs are usually pretty smooth. Guess I am in the minority of actually liking the prot tank builds and tanking as I level.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    I will queue up with my tank once they add a more convenient way to queue for dungeons. Wouldn't have to be a dungeon finder, but just manually listing up without having to join channels.
    Use the LFG+ add-on?

Quote Originally Posted by Caperfin View Post
    Warlocks can tank dungeons. By the time a raid become "puggable" or on farm a warlock can tank it as well.
    By the time content is useless you have no reason to do that content. Thanks for the incredibly insightful advice.

I tank and dps on my warrior.

The amount of idiotic mages I have to deal with is really bad.

I just kick 'em out of the group when they don't wait for me to build threat. No patience anymore for these people.

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    The tank problem is even worse than retail, I can't find a tank at all and the tanks that join my group usually have requirements like being paid or res an item. I managed to finish the entire brd without a tank because I had an 60 lvl warrior who could tank in dps gear, he was raid geared. Lbrs+ is very hard without a clean tank and you can't outlevel the dungeons.

Is it me or this is a serious problem?
    here is the problem, a bad group can cost a tank 25g+ and they get little from it. Also tanks in many cases are poor a poor farming class with extremely high repair costs. Therefore reserving non-needed drops, getting paid, reserving orbs is a the way they can use their ability to farm.

Quote Originally Posted by Khallid View Post
    By the time content is useless you have no reason to do that content. Thanks for the incredibly insightful advice.
    Content that can be cleared as a pug is useless content?

...So can warriors at level 60 tank all 5 mans in DPS spec? This is low to mid gear aka when you are farming 5 mans for loot.

I sure dont wanna re-spec all the time to prot if I can avoid it...Anywho im a haaaaaaaaaard-core tank from a belief standpoint...WoW without me being able to tank is not wow, so I ofc rolled a warrior on classic but still lvling.

Edit; suprised the fee charge or loot reserve works. My evil plan was just to get like...holy priest, shaman healer only and 3 cloth DPS.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    ...So can warriors at level 60 tank all 5 mans in DPS spec? This is low to mid gear aka when you are farming 5 mans for loot.

I sure dont wanna re-spec all the time to prot if I can avoid it...Anywho im a haaaaaaaaaard-core tank from a belief standpoint...WoW without me being able to tank is not wow, so I ofc rolled a warrior on classic but still lvling.

Edit; suprised the fee charge or loot reserve works. My evil plan was just to get like...holy priest, shaman healer only and 3 cloth DPS.
    Both warriors and feral druids can tank all 5 mans on any spec, as long as they have somewhat proper gear for it. 50+ greens with str/agi + stamina should be enough. Supplement from dungeon blues that you get. I dont know can palas and/or shamans do this, think they might require proper spec & gearing for it.

With pug groups, I wouldn't run scholomanse unless you have a bit dungeon gear, some of the pulls hit so hard.

For UBRS wait until you have like half your dungeon gear before tanking it. Can be tanked on any spec as well.

You will take some more dmg than a full fledged tank but even with fresh, ungeared healer it should not be a problem. Ofc if you go ahead and pull 3 packs at once you're in a world of hurt but you have yourself to blame at that point.

Personal experience: I've been tanking both 5 mans and UBRS now as swiftmend specced druid, half green half blue gear. Some threat problems when the fully raid geared warrior dps goes ham but that's their problem, not mine.

Did same on private servers as warrior on arms pvp spec without problem. Classic dungeons are easier than most ps' had them emulated so I see no reason why you couldnt suddenly do it.

Quote Originally Posted by curupuru View Post
    Both warriors and feral druids can tank all 5 mans on any spec, as long as they have somewhat proper gear for it. 50+ greens with str/agi + stamina should be enough. Supplement from dungeon blues that you get.

Thanks man. I would be suprised if it was anything else. Only thing I noticed as tank in the 10-30's is that I need to be +2 levels above mobs im tanking to really be any good..So I dont wanna tank a level 32+ instance as 30.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by IKT View Post
    Why do retail players seem to infect every classic thread right from the start?
    Because they're really insecure.
    Paragraphing some user, when unsecured people have to choose between 2 products, they will make sure to assign most negative feelings to the other, so they will know they made the right choice.

What's funny is you don't even need a tank for 90% of the dungeons available, but people--the same people that drop aoe on a fresh pull 0.5 seconds after it arrives--are too scared to run without a tank. They barely utilize the tank they have! No one uses CC--STILL. WHEN IT WOULD MAKE PERFECT SENSE. You can't take the retail out of the Classic player, unfortunately.

play a tank then?

Think I spotted one skulking about in The Drag.... who do I contact for this finding???

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    The tank problem is even worse than retail, I can't find a tank at all and the tanks that join my group usually have requirements like being paid or res an item. I managed to finish the entire brd without a tank because I had an 60 lvl warrior who could tank in dps gear, he was raid geared. Lbrs+ is very hard without a clean tank and you can't outlevel the dungeons.

Is it me or this is a serious problem?
    ^"I could tank but choose not to"
    Its not a serious problem warriors who don't tank to get dungeons done are a little bit silly.
    Dragonflight Nerfs vs fun again show a Blizzard that hasn't learnt a lesson, Actions speak louder than words afterall watch what they do and do not do.