Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

Classic elitests have ruined it for me.

Well it was a nice 1 month of playing before the inevitable "OmG WhY Do YoU pLaY X SpEc ThIs CoNtEnT iS So hard and needs to be no lifed in 2019 WiTh pERfect BiS cOMP!!"

Also the fact if you're not decked out in tier1 already you're a noob.

Guess what, some people prefer the journey not the destination and actually work now.

Enjoy loot dramas over MC for the next few months while blizz drag their feet to get those subs for quarterly reports and you cant even BG to at least do something outside of the gear grind.

Well it's not like humans have evolved much in the past 15 years. This was perfectly expectable.

if you are decked out in tier1 ure a noob lol.

That gear is so badly itemized

10+ Year Old Account
    I work but I was still raiding Naxx40 on pservers and master on league, not like you don't need to work to achieve things in a video game lmao

Also who cares what someone says to you over the internet.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm level 28 and been played for 50+ hours...god knows how long those with their gear have been playing /:s

Why would you ever listen to anyone in this MMO for your class/items/destination choices?
    If you play less, you are a casual noob, if you play more you are a nolifer.

How did you manage to post 17k postings in 3 years without a thick skin?
    -

Make your own group. Find a group of like geared people. Work on rebuilding the community of Vanilla that everyone remembers loving and stated it never mattered what you played.

Then avoid them. I did (feral tank with no raidgear) and I'm still happily playing along letting the "ogogo we must be efficient!!1" guys doing there thing in their own groups.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Why would you ever listen to anyone in this MMO for your class/items/destination choices?
    If you play less, you are a casual noob, if you play more you are a nolifer.

How did you manage to post 17k postings in 3 years without a thick skin?
    Why does post count have to do with anything?

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I haven't been having that experience on my server but I'm still leveling. I'm currently a 46 Prot Paladin.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing unusual about any online multiplayer game, there will always be those who think they are better than everyone else..

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    I'm level 28 and been played for 50+ hours...god knows how long those with their gear have been playing /:s
    To be fair, 50 hours over a month isn't much for an MMO. Personally I'm at 8 days played now.

OT:
    I've seen "off meta" specs in raids and dungeons, they are just not as common because well.. they suck. It's not like they do 10% less dmg like on retail, it's more around a 3rd of the dmg the better specs do. So why bring it and slow down the raid, if you can get another mage/warr/rogue for the raid? :shrug:

Want to play off meta crap, find a casual guild that want to bring you. Or be that one druid that gets a spot because of CR (or what ever funky stuff you play). If you didn't know it would end up like this, you got what you deserved to be honest. You had 15 years of data to make a good decision this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Yeah well, back in 2005 people were far more relaxed about this stuff. That's why Classic can not duplicate vanilla experience.

Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    Then avoid them. I did (feral tank with no raidgear) and I'm still happily playing along letting the "ogogo we must be efficient!!1" guys doing there thing in their own groups.
    Well, druid tank is amazing for dungeons, as you actually go AOE threat compared to a prot warr. You're just subpar when it comes to raiding.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

OT :

Ignore these guys. Choose a guild of like-minded individuals who have a pleasant behaviour. Select your PuG according to how the person advertise it. You'll sometimes encounter tryhard idiots, but it's not very hard to filter them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermeoth View Post
    Yeah well, back in 2005 people were far more relaxed about this stuff. That's why Classic can not duplicate vanilla experience.
    Agreed. Elitism and min-max mindset are all too prevalent nowadays to get the vanilla experience of 2005. People aren't welcoming of new players who don't know all the dungeons inside and out. And heck, people aren't even welcoming of vanilla veterans who may have forgot a few details after all these years. 100% perfection is expected at all times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    So..what does "ruined" mean? Did you quit or just cry silently all the time? And why drag Blizzard in here and make this THEIR fault about loot dramas? What do you want THEM to do? Being an elitist and deciding who raids with your Team or how gear is distributed was NEVER against the ToS and since the game is as much as possible a replica of 2005's game, there was nothing in the game (ever) to prevent this.
    I personally disappointed in community of classic. There is no way i'm playing with others without my guildmates. So damn tired of these situations:

you go to a named quest mob spawn to get his head, there are two more players, you invite them - they are already in a group, you ask for an invite - you get silence. Mob spawns, you tag it first, get instant invite from these asses.

You are grinding mobs for a "kill X Ys" quest, you notice shortage on one type of mobs and high competition. You invite people into your rgoup - most of them are in groups already, some of them accept. Then a player comes near you, opens a trade window and stares at you. You close it, keep killing mobs, notice this guy is following you, he opens trade again. You ask "what do you trade me for?" He says "water". You spend next 30 seconds drinking, making water, and drinking some more, while this ass just stands there instead of killing quest mobs. Then you notice that you are actually only one who kills mobs, one guy sits with /afk tag, other follows you around and "heals" you, third guy fucked off back to city because "yeah i needed just one dude lol"

Don't even make me start with dungeon runs. It's fucking atrocious. Tank in sunken temple: "LOL, no , you don't need to kill all the dragons" and you can't even leave, because you commited 1,5h already and is going to waste 1h more on wiping and re-clearing dungeon, because tank is an idiot who pretends to know things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Well it was a nice 1 month of playing before the inevitable "OmG WhY Do YoU pLaY X SpEc ThIs CoNtEnT iS So hard and needs to be no lifed in 2019 WiTh pERfect BiS cOMP!!"

Also the fact if you're not decked out in tier1 already you're a noob.

Guess what, some people prefer the journey not the destination and actually work now.

Enjoy loot dramas over MC for the next few months while blizz drag their feet to get those subs for quarterly reports and you cant even BG to at least do something outside of the gear grind.
    Does anyone actually claim the game is hard? I feel this is only spouted by people who haven't played since 2004 or are not aware pservers have been a thing for 15 years...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caperfin View Post
    Does anyone actually claim the game is hard? I feel this is only spouted by people who haven't played since 2004 or are not aware pservers have been a thing for 15 years...
    something something talent system, something something itemization, something something you die during leveling.
    Yeah, people have been claiming that vanilla was tough as nails, and with classic using 1.12 gear as a baseline it got even easier. Frankly, most people who were talking about vanilla being harder were from private servers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Wow it's almost like the wow community fucking sucks.