Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This is why dungeon finder and crossrealm became a thing. But people insist on no changes, so now they enjoy those 2-10 hour waits in org or if.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    Yes and before you HAD to do hard ccs now you dont really outside one or 2 mobs. I even remember priests using MC to take a mob out of play not required anymore
    You certainly did not HAVE to do that mate. It was just more danger and no reward plus you get a 10 minute corpse run if you die. You can do some cc on many packs to make it way less dangerous, but again, we are doing timed runs. In the old dungeons it's better spend 10 minutes killing mobs safely, than having to do 3 corpse runs. Basically what I am saying, current meta rewards speed and risk taking, while old style rewards time spent doing something. Which one is more fun is subjective. As long as we are avoiding "old dungeons required to be 200 IQ" cliche we are ok. Not that current dungeons require that, I am pretty sure ppl could clear up to 12-13 timed without any CC with current gear. But I am not talking low level m+. I am talking 15 and up, where, even on easy affixes something missed might oneshot someone. i.e. there was no hard cc (stun) on beastmaster mob in KR, pala could have taken it to the wall, take a dot and dispel himself with cleanse. What he did - did not move, 4 ppl got dot, pala dispelled himself, but healer shit his pants because that was 30% hp/tick. We could have cc'ed that mob with shackle - 0 danger while we kill raptors but would have lost some time. Also I find way more interesting to be playing on the edge.

Tank here
    The problem is that tanking in classic is a little more stressful than in other expansions. You actually have to try. So you don't always want to join pugs, where you might run into a sperg that dosn't want to make your job easier.
    So taking that into account, I only tank for my guild. When I see pugs I always join as dps.

A bit of advice,

As warrior: you don't need any points in protection or defense to tank any dungeon. Except maybe DM W and UBRS. But trust me, that's about it.
    Druid and paladins tanks are AMAZING for dungeons. Druids even for the first raids. Paladins are not good for raiding, but really good for dungeons anyway. They even require much less mental work than warriors for tanking dungeons.
    Last edited by MrHorner; 2019-11-21 at 01:36 PM.

Leveling a warrior through dungeons as a tank atm and i want to kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    No, tanks should not take gold because they choose to play a shitty spec that requires others to do shit. It's largely the same for healers as well, should they start charging so less and less people can do things outside of guilds and make the game less social than it's so vaunted to be?
    Yesterday I wanted to run Scholomance so my shaman (healer) can have access to the Alchemy Lab. I opened LFG and all I found was 4 groups needing 1 more tank. I logged on my warrior, asked the 4 groups that I would join if I'm the only warrior and if I can keep all the "dark rune". They all agreed. Unfortunately only one group was lucky enough to get me to tank their dungeon. Also at the end of the dungeon, I made em invite my shaman so I could have access to the lab.
    I swear I didn't invent anything. Moral of the story, I could not find a group quickly on my healer, people accept giving runes and orbs to tanks in exchange for their service.
    Man if DPS would have the same perks as tanks, you understand that 99.999% of warriors would be DPSing instead of tanking lol? You will never find a tank who will tell you that they would rather tank than dps. If you want a service from someone who doesnt wanna do something, you gotta pay him in someway..

Quote Originally Posted by iosdeveloper View Post
    being a tank in Classic is very stressful, it's not fun or leisure time
    i don't get why people do it, except for warriors that just want to gear up for pvp at 60
    Cus my guild needed another tank for instances. Now, when most people are over geared, there is no point for me to stay prot or tank in any way
    I getting my crusader orbs and respeccing fury/won't touch tanking anymore
    Also. I don't pvp
    Last edited by swdan; 2019-11-21 at 04:40 PM.

Why would you level through dungeons?

50% of the playerbase doesn't even have keybinds

The further you stay away from low lvl dungeons the better

With pvp phase started the amount of people in tank spec will go down signficantly.

None of the tank specs are viable in pvp

People bashing classic about lack of tanks.... meanwhile, 100 groups on retail group finder lacking a tank. LOL.

Dudes, get a grip.

Tanking fucking sucked in Vanilla, even today in Retail it is still a rare role.

Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    Yesterday I wanted to run Scholomance so my shaman (healer) can have access to the Alchemy Lab. I opened LFG and all I found was 4 groups needing 1 more tank. I logged on my warrior, asked the 4 groups that I would join if I'm the only warrior and if I can keep all the "dark rune". They all agreed. Unfortunately only one group was lucky enough to get me to tank their dungeon. Also at the end of the dungeon, I made em invite my shaman so I could have access to the lab.
    I swear I didn't invent anything. Moral of the story, I could not find a group quickly on my healer, people accept giving runes and orbs to tanks in exchange for their service.
    Man if DPS would have the same perks as tanks, you understand that 99.999% of warriors would be DPSing instead of tanking lol? You will never find a tank who will tell you that they would rather tank than dps. If you want a service from someone who doesnt wanna do something, you gotta pay him in someway..
    A class should never be a chore. Not to this extent. It's bad game design. I've said my piece on it.

I've mained a tank for a few expansions, I never sold my service, even when a fair few tanks did do so. I don't quite remember which expansion it was, but wrath and Oculus was hell, and I know I saw people selling tank service for running it. Even when Blizz implemented the goodie bag for doing it.

Not nearly as bad as vanilla, granted, but that's just personal principle anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    A class should never be a chore. Not to this extent. It's bad game design. I've said my piece on it.

I've mained a tank for a few expansions, I never sold my service, even when a fair few tanks did do so. I don't quite remember which expansion it was, but wrath and Oculus was hell, and I know I saw people selling tank service for running it. Even when Blizz implemented the goodie bag for doing it.

Not nearly as bad as vanilla, granted, but that's just personal principle anyway.
    But who the hell cares whether or not it's a bad game design. It is too late we have to deal with it. The only way you can deal with it is to pay them or have them reserve some items or even better 1 tank and 4 clothes so he has no gear competition. Whether or not you agree nobody cares because it is still what happens and what will keep on happening.
    You have the right not to agree with it fine. Enjoy waiting 1h to find a tank whenever you wanna run something. If one day you feel like you don't want to wait, you can always pay a tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Djaye View Post
    sorry to say, but shitty dps are why there are so few tanks. they ruin the experience and drain the game of whatever fun it has. good/most tanks stick with their guilds and avoid pugs like the plague they are.
    This is certainly part of the reason. My main is a priest and and is pretty much all decked out so i started a tank exactly because i sensed a lack of tanks while gearing up my main. The amount of jackasses that make my job so much harder simply because they like to be the ones pulling and so on has been overwhelming.. and i consider myself a capable tank and always try to pull decent sized packs and manage to keep agro on all of them, but anyone who has played a tank at lower/mid levels knows sometimes it's a task near impossible when that mage is doing all the pulling and you barely manage to build up some rage.

Some ppl need to understand the basic mechanics of the game honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    But who the hell cares whether or not it's a bad game design. It is too late we have to deal with it. The only way you can deal with it is to pay them or have them reserve some items or even better 1 tank and 4 clothes so he has no gear competition. Whether or not you agree nobody cares because it is still what happens and what will keep on happening.
    You have the right not to agree with it fine. Enjoy waiting 1h to find a tank whenever you wanna run something. If one day you feel like you don't want to wait, you can always pay a tank.
    I mean, I don't play classic, and I didn't advocate for it either, that was my way of dealing with it. Blizzard went ahead and did it anyway. Glad people like it, but the deal was no changes whatsoever, so complaining about it is hardly anything I'd consider valid.

The bed was made, lie in it, or get out. Basically.

I don't play, so I have no dog in the hunt other than just speaking my mind, that is after all what the forum is for. I would personally have preferred a remastered classic, with QoL and balancing changes, then I would have gladly tried it again. But alas.

I've been slacking and raid logging a lot but I generally don't like pugging dungeons, I don't need any gear from them either which affects the overall desire to run them. the main issue is just logging in and instantly having multiple ppl wisp you for dungeon runs. ultimately its a shame classic didn't have heroics they really did keep the 5 man game alive a lot longer. once you start raiding and getting gear, blasting through dungeons just isn't all that fun or worth the time.

generally speaking, I'm talented as 8/0/43 so mt, I can't hold aggro that well if ppl go all out on the pull. so it makes dungeon runs somewhat slower and more threat bouncy if ppl aren't careful. most ppl aren't so i end up yoyoing most of the time. most dungeons like strath and scholo are ass pull fests.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2019-11-22 at 09:42 PM.

I would like to see stats on whether this is a real issue. It could just be tanks don't want to PUG, which is a different problem than them being extinct. Something like 18% of all players main a warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    I've been slacking and raid logging a lot but I generally don't like pugging dungeons, I don't need any gear from them either which affects the overall desire to run them. the main issue is just logging in and instantly having multiple ppl wisp you for dungeon runs. ultimately its a shame classic didn't have heroics they really did keep the 5 man game alive a lot longer. once you start raiding and getting gear, blasting through dungeons just isn't all that fun or worth the time.

generally speaking, I'm talented as 8/0/43 so mt, I can't hold aggro that well if ppl go all out on the pull. so it makes dungeon runs somewhat slower and more threat bouncy if ppl aren't careful. most ppl aren't so i end up yoyoing most of the time. most dungeons like strath and scholo are ass pull fests.
    Heroic is a bad idea. Right now, you got to 60, grinded dungeons, then raids since you didnt need anything from dungeons. With heroics it would have been turn 60, try to grind heroics already, lots more wipe and frustration, then raids and never touch heroics again. At the end the result would be the same once you start raiding. And you know very well that most people would try to skip dungeons for heroic dungeons. Btw it would suck a lot to get one very rare item for your character and then have to farm it on heroic.
    Only one dungeon/raid difficulty is honestly one of the things i like the most from vanilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    I tanked before quitting but it was a mostly ungrateful experience, can't really blame people for not wanting to be one either.

Eventually I found a regular group but I kept getting spammed with "hey wanna tank this or that" and often getting rude replies when I said no.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post

Your spec is not that good for any role. You put too much into weird and useless talents like Iron Will and Anticipation. I main tank for my guild and sit at 364 defense in my tank gear and with me switching to Fury/Prot, I have 350. Not only that, but not having Anger Management for is just really not a great idea. If you're spamming Sunder Armor, you're doing it wrong.

Basically, get shield block up and Revenge everything you can. Two sunders should be more than enough on a given target (barring chain crits from a DPS) if you are rotating Revenge, Shield Slam, Demo Shout, and Heroic Strike as much as possible. 2-3 targets should never be a problem for holding threat on a Warrior. You should be able to get safely ahead of any DPS as long as you're watching threat on each target. Classicthreatmeter has a nice built in feature that turns the default health bars certain colors based on your aggro to the mob. Red = threat, yellow = losing threat, green = no threat. Helped me a lot as I got used to it again.

Try this spec:
    https://classic.wowhead.com/talent-c...50110530121051

I notice the stun resists from iron will, it helps me with trash my main problem at the moment is the severe lack of +hit thats mostly it really i changed to 11/5/35 but put 3 points into defence and none in imp revenge because most things in raids can't be stunned. basically that build you linked but defence instead of imp heroic strike, the problem with heroic strike is usually not the rage cost but the delay it has built into it. its so fucking slow to heroic strike and cleave shit in this version of wow.

I sunder, then slam, then alternate between slams and heroic strikes using revenge when it activates ofc. my build has been perfectly fine, for raiding, its just not that great in dungeons because ppl don't play the game like they used to. its all try harding. too many ppl are glass cannons, they don't suffer so much from a decrease in survivability but they do make too much aggro, but ppl inherently want to push the limit as far as it will go, unfortunately there is a limit.

if you want to know where iron will actually is noticeable, core hounds with aoe stun, ghennas, and the trash after garr, the pyroclastic barrage, with iron will i notice myself resisting those occasionally.

ill probably end up bidding on the acuria band and getting the ring from AV exalted, with strikers mark and my t1 gloves that should be, 5% hit. but atm i only have 1% hit, 2% if i use the green trinket with 1% + hit from the hinterlands quest chain. I ran lbrs for a while to try get the crossbow but i sorta gave up running that, i'd probably get strikers mark before that cbow drops. i don't notice it too much but every so often you do get strings of misses or a miss miss parry dodge and that is bad for threat.

ive collected gear that allows me to tank reasonably well but i don't have much dps gear to swap out, I have the leather head peice from the unforgiven and the mail chest with 2% crit from brd. thats pretty much it, when i do dps or when we're fighting a boss and i don't have to tank, i use ironfoe and the bashguuder but most of the time i just like to be ready to tank and mitigate damage well. i don't want to be a paper tank.

I don't demo shout that much on bosses anymore because we need the rage for threat most of the time. not many bosses in t1 are really worth using demo on, maybe ragnaros (or golemagg because we just tank the dogs on top of him) i sometimes use it on him, the trash is more deadly than the bosses when it comes to raw physical damage, like the two packs of destroyers with the double stun, ill demo those or the reavers that cleave. all in all i'm missing the legs of t1 and ill be full t1, the sunder threat bonus isn't much but it should improve the initial aggro when you run in and the first thing you do is sunder sunder sunder, i think in terms of threat, with the + hit i'm lacking, should be fine for progression.

this is my gear atm missing rings bow, shield, t1 legs and i'm done with t1. can get a ring and a shield from AV exalted so that shouldn't be too difficult. just the fun part of classic waiting for the amazing rng to roll in your favour. i think we've done like 9 raids, first eye went to a shadow priest who hasn't logged in since, we haven't seen a single ingot afaik, we did get a binding but ill maybe bid on the second pair. had like 2 aurastones, no shields, 5 or so brutality blades its just like the good old days of shitty rng.

if i'm doing dps i just use this gear and i'm just always ready to throw on a shield and taunt. sometimes i won't even bother doing that and ill just change weapons because meh. atm we are only like 3 tanks 1 druid and another warrior with gear like me, the rest are all dps so some ppl have to be actual tanks.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2019-11-25 at 07:02 PM.