Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cena View Post
    What does 2016 have anything to do with him? The story development team plans out expansion stories years before they are announced.

- - - Updated - - -

Retired in 2016. Ya no duh. The expansion stories are planned years in advance. His retirement had nothing to do with it.
    I feel the planned years in advance thing is so bull hickey.

Look at zappie boy - he was added into the game because of fans wasn’t he?

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    They do bring another fleet. Dalaran comes under attack multiple times.

First above Kara where in the teleport they detonate an arcane blast that wipes out the fleet attacking.

Then there's the mage mount quest where Dalaran is under attack and you charge arcane turrets to fight it off.

Then there's the invasion points happening in the various zones where we are being proactive in the defense of Dalaran.
    You ignore my point, if their lore is true and they have thousands of planets conquered and converted they could cover the entirety of Azeroth's surface in demons a few meters thick. They had enough military force to alpha strike blap Dalaran out of the sky if they used orbital bombardment and brought in more ships which they had.

Instead they are attacking in small squads.. they could also bring in demons to the Broken Shore while we have zero presence there from the kind that shot down the Xenedar and see what happens to Dalaran after a few shots.
    No reason was given why the foe that's primary tactics is overwhelming it's opponents with sheer numbers decides to attack in small squads with a giant operational portal being open, so bringing in more demons is a non-issue.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kiramon View Post

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..............Sure........................

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    The portal was 2-way, so while we're on Argus, Azeroth was fighting for their lives[/B]
    Except for Zandalar and Kul Tiras, apparently. It's like neither island has ever seen a demon (except one Shivarra on Zandalar).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kiramon View Post

I think by "planned in advanced" they mean "yeah and then I'll guess we'll do something with demons, and after that maybe the shadowlands or whatever that is".

I can only imagine if they run out of ideas we will get a "Revenge of the Legion" expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Difuid View Post
    You ignore my point, if their lore is true and they have thousands of planets conquered and converted they could cover the entirety of Azeroth's surface in demons a few meters thick. They had enough military force to alpha strike blap Dalaran out of the sky if they used orbital bombardment and brought in more ships which they had.

Instead they are attacking in small squads.. they could also bring in demons to the Broken Shore while we have zero presence there from the kind that shot down the Xenedar and see what happens to Dalaran after a few shots.
    No reason was given why the foe that's primary tactics is overwhelming it's opponents with sheer numbers decides to attack in small squads with a giant operational portal being open, so bringing in more demons is a non-issue.
    Just because they have thousands of planets doesn't mean that they have immediate access to them.

Also it's implied that because of the loss of the Sargerite Keystone that their transport capabilities are now far less than they once were.

Finally we know what our timeframe was for the events - broken shore, emerald nightmare, nighthold, tomb - but while it's certain that the events played out in that particular order they might not have played out under that particular timeframe. As well as many of the events would have happened concurrently.

So rather than everything happening over two years time it was far more likely an event of weeks with the emerald nightmare happening fast, a month or so long sneak incursion to Nighthold along with a siege outside it, which allowed us to seize the eye of amun'thul and stopped it being used to empower the portal at the tomb, then finally an all out assault on the tomb since we'd gathered the pillars of creation.

Even then it's more likely that the events of Nighthold and Tomb were occurring simultaneously.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeti Glanchi View Post
    Because we had something the Burning Legion didn 't have...

THE CHAMPIONS/ADVENTURES OF AZEROTH! ...with Artifact Weapons in tow

I think it 's worth noting that we did not completely obliterate all of the ranks of the Legion , just their homeworld armies and their upper leadership ... Sargeras , Kil 'jaedan, Archimonde, Tichondrius, Mannaroth, Gul 'dan are all dealt with.

There are still many, many, MANY more demons and mid-level demon leaders through out the galaxy ... I think for the time being , the Legion is in disorder and will not be able to be cohesive any time soon , effectively being " beaten " .... for now.

8.3 Azshara implies she is going to seek out the Burning Legion (Sargeras) again though
    Doubt azshara is going to seek out the burning legion after feeling betrayed in war of the ancients.

The whole thing was retarded because they decided to turn the army of light which is supposed to be comprised of thousands of survivors from different planets that were invaded into a single ship filled will lightforged and one dreadlord.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    The Krokuul of Argus survived because it amused the Legion to use them as a slave labor, and without our presence they weren't a threat to the Legion hegemony in any way. It was short-sighted of the Legion in hindsight, but the actions of Illidan opening a vast portal and making Argus vulnerable wasn't something anyone could really predict (and it could've turned out badly in a lot of different ways). Ultimately, Sargeras' greed and the loss of the Legion's generals (Kil'jaeden and Archimonde) worked out in our favor.
    Pretty sure it was said that rocks and stuff moved and helped hide them like a part of Argus was helping them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Pretty sure it was said that rocks and stuff moved and helped hide them like a part of Argus was helping them.
    I always thought was their nascent Shamanism coming to the fore, though Argus could have indeed been aiding them before he was fully subverted by Sargeras.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Littleraven View Post
    This is kinda the problem with WoW. We have t always win no matter what. There is no room for us to have any real consequences for anything because at the end of the day we are going to just go into a raid and kill or beat whatever big bad through some deus ex machina. We should not have beaten Argus. Hell....we probably shouldn't have even been able to get anywhere near him. Also even when we do actually fight him he insta kills us halfway through the fight similar to what Arthas did. And also just like Arthas some miraculous thing happens and we are saved by some external force.

I honestly don't have that big a problem with this but they need to stop trying to act like we are ever in any real danger. Maybe they will prove me wrong one day but I highly doubt it.
    The consequences of events are almost never shown well enough in this game. I mean the tree got burned down and we barely saw the repercussions of it, just a battle that happened later. That happening is one of the most momentous events in Warcraft history, and we barely saw anything of it.

We didn't really beat them, we just broke their quick modes of revival and transportation.

You know, the plot to Battlestar Galactica from decades earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by faithbane View Post
    Just FYI - At this point, nothing is stopping an off-world demon armada from returning to Argus, find it destroyed, then head to seat of the pantheon to release Sargeras. Ilidan probably starved to death or hanged himself from boredom by now and chilling on the throne in his eternal demon soul form..
    I mean, the Pantheon. I'd like to think they can handle a disorganized rabble of demons.

Oh and they have the world's strongest demon hunter chilling there too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    The whole thing was retarded because they decided to turn the army of light which is supposed to be comprised of thousands of survivors from different planets that were invaded into a single ship filled will lightforged and one dreadlord.
    They never disconfirmed that, so that simply being their flagship and the other Lightforged are fighting the good fight mopping up the Legion remnants, or all died at some point. They are in that Shrodinger's canon where Blizz likes to leave a lot of plot points they might pick up later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

5+ Year Old Account
    To my knowledge they are not really beaten. What we did was remove their lieutenants and leadership, so now all their numbers come to nothing without organization.

I suppose same thing can be said about the Scourge, post Arthas that is. We removed the head, and assigned Bolvar to keep the mindless in check. Now when Shadowlands launches with helm broken, we are about to feel the consequences of not culling what remained of the Scourge earlier.

It's basically like in the movies: the good guys overcome seemingly insurmountable odds to defeat the bad guys and claim victory. Plot armour is real and Azeroth's heroes are bathing in it!

I think the weirdest part is that the draenei mostly did it on their own. The only help they got from Azeroth was a handful of elves and Khadgar. And the PC, which if you're playing a draenei is, well, a draenei.

This means that if Velen had made a stand on Argus before the Legion had settled in and gotten control of Argus that they could have won. Since the Legion would be significantly weaker and the draenei much stronger at that point in time. Which kind of invalidates like all of the Legion's lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Yes we did. He is now imprisoned by Illidan and Pantheon. Archi and KJ are dead. BL is leaderless. We also destroyed their never ending supply of demons in Antorus. Did you play the end of Legion?
    I could of sworn that Argus only Hastened the Demons Revival not that he was the soul source of it
    "How you build your character is not a feature of a MMORPG, it is the feature. Everything else is secondary even the gameplay itself is secondary to building your character, its the kind of stuff you think about when you are at work or school and couldnt wait to go home to play WoW or Diablo 2. We have all done it." ~Into, 2016

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Hablion View Post
    I could of sworn that Argus only Hastened the Demons Revival not that he was the soul source of it
    You are correct. Demonic resurrection and/or reincarnation in the Nether is a natural trait all demons have - though it is slow, and prior to Argus seemed to take many years (decades and perhaps centuries depending on their power) for it to completely restore a slain demon. Using Argus' Titanic essence sped the process considerably, allowing slain demons to be restored in days instead of years, and extending the range of this resurrection power such that even death in the Nether might not have been permanent. This extension and/or amplification of power could also be withheld by the Legion or by Sargeras, if said demon had failed the Legion repeatedly or betrayed their own kind.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

We didn't.

The Legion controlled too much territory, meaning there must be thousands of capable leaders spread across the cosmos. Those next in line must have assumed power by now. Their first task would be to destroy Azeroth because it is the largest threat. An unfathomably massive legion army should be currently on its way to Azeroth right now.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

We didn't, we threw their leadership into disarray and splintered them into god knows how many smaller groups of demons with different motivations now Sargeras isn't a threat to them.

Yeah blizzard lost it's edge a long time ago. If the Lich king was a boss these days he'd be a middle tier boss who show up out of no where in an expansion about rainbows.
    KJ Should of been the final boss and Argus should of been it's own expansion, we should of rescued/saved the pantheon PRIOR to the final fight which would explain how we beat the legion empowered by the Pantheon, we could of literally had a patch at a diff world for each tier to rescue them so it wouldn't be 2 years looking at ugly fel and the final patch/tier being on Argus. And Sargeras should of been the final boss, not some random world titan