Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    So you're going to turn Wm off and then turn it on again. There is no way to manually flag yourself without going to your capital and manually turning Wm on. I hope youre other faction to me so I can destroy you. I'm pretty useless PvP but I destroy noobs.
    Nah you can still manually flag outside of war mode. Try it.

So you're going to turn Wm off and then turn it on again. There is no way to manually flag yourself without going to your capital and manually turning Wm on. I hope youre other faction to me so I can destroy you. I'm pretty useless PvP but I destroy noobs.

- - - Updated - - -

If you didn't want to get ganked then why are you in PvP server?
    Of course, your friends are there or the best players are there.
    You made your decision, shut your mouth.
    I'm on a PvE server, I'm just thinking of the poor people who were not smart enough.

warmode isn't a failure, if anything it's resounding success, gave players choice of participating. i can't really think of any downside to it

Lmao war mode is bad but people are losing their mind with classic's pvp.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I remember Thalyssra mentioned when joining the horde, that the alliance feel to walled off, to cloisterd.

Funny thing is, this is so true for real. When in warmode they are always with the whole family to beat down 1 leveling horde killing dinos.

Its offtopic, but found it funny hoe true this is.

Does that mean its the alliance fault the nightborne disnt join them? Lol

WM is amazing, wish there were warmode for classic too

Best WPvP I have seen since ages more-so since I used to play on PvE server. Any active zone is a war-zone. Too bad 8.3 is not bringing a new shared zone.

I don't remember so much active WPvP when there were "PVP SERVERS" because they were all one sided.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Nah you can still manually flag outside of war mode. Try it.

Only for 5 mins if you fly through horde zone or get hit by a guard.
    Why would you do that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbond View Post
    Best WPvP I have seen since ages more-so since I used to play on PvE server. Any active zone is a war-zone. Too bad 8.3 is not bringing a new shared zone.

I don't remember so much active WPvP when there were "PVP SERVERS" because they were all one sided.

- - - Updated - - -

Only for 5 mins if you fly through horde zone or get hit by a guard.
    Why would you do that?
    Click on portrait>pvp>enable. Perma flag outside warmode. If you played on a PvE server and didn't know about this, you missed out on some great moments. I used to be on a PvE server in MoP and I'd flag myself as an alliance near the org gates. Led to some funny interactions and great open world duels or 1vX.
    Last edited by docterfreeze; 2019-12-04 at 07:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Click on portrait>pvp>enable. Perma flag outside warmode. If you played on a PvE server and didn't know about this, you missed out on some great moments. I used to be on a PvE server in MoP and I'd flag myself as an alliance near the org gates. Led to some funny interactions and great open world duels or 1vX.
    this was warmode before warmode was a thing.
    you knew that the only people you see as hostile are those who actively decided to do so.
    (or those unlucky enough to run into a stray outpost guard within the last 5 min)

rare, but fun moments.

I enjoy war mode even though I’m often outnumbered since I play alliance. Still having fun and the rewards more than make up for any ganking.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    A lot of those PVP talents on classes used to be baseline skills so to me it's still a failure.
    That's what bugging me as well, but it's not a warmode problem, it's a pruning problem.

I used WM for leveling my mage - not for the XP or the Azerite but for some talent they chucked into PvP and which I needed to make my build work.

Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    I have no problem with War Mode returning, so long as they stop trying to tie PvE progression to it (ie the 10-30% buffs). If PvP can't stand up on it's own, don't try to dangle a carrot in front of the players to make it more enticing.
    THANK YOU!!! THIS GUY GETS IT!

I'm so sick of the shortsighted "Errr just turn it off" comments. The game intentionally waives a ton of benefits in front of you and apologist players can't seem to comprehend why the feeling of having to turn them away sucks. So I get to choose between passing on benefits and getting my game experience completely ruined by getting ganked? Gee thanks devs!

If you are only in warmode for 10% more rewards there is no help for you and you deserve whatever aggravation you get.

Bring back PvP realms.

World PvP is outdated and serves no purpose other than giving yourself satisfaction you killed someone with unfair advantages.
    You would never even try to engage in a fair fight, so cut the nonsense you wanna answer to that.
    It's only there so you can flex on the low level and groupless.

And that's only sparking frustration and toxicity.

Not a failure. I've been thoroughly enjoying all aspects of WM as both Alliance and Horde.
    Only thing I would like to be changed is to make it inactive near Summoning Stones....

Here is an example of the sub 75 IQ .Doesn't bother reading post, just goes into full attack mode

For warmode, it is the most balanced piece of shit. The reason is that it is purely optional. You are not forced into PvP situations unless you choose to. In the old days you may hate world PvP but if your friends were there then you were forced into it.

Now if you are getting ganked then you can turn it off. Any complaints about WM now are just beyond stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

Might as well get rid of WM. I'm not against getting rid of it, I only use it for the buffs, but it cannot be balanced without incentives. Unless....
    You can only enter warmode if there are allocated slots. What this means is that you can only join a wm if there open slots.
    E.g.
    If pop is 1 to 1 then 1 of either faction can go Wm. This produces n v n+1 situation.
    Let's say horde is n+1. Horde cannot enter Wm untill an alliance jumps in to make it n v n again.
    What if a whole bunch of people join up in a raid crossrealm? That realm is 40 v 2. Oh no. Unbalanced. That opens up 38 slots (+ maybe one more). This is filled by the Wm queue. Problem solved.

Then do away with rewards.

- - - Updated - - -

Personally I don't like the Wm.

I liked being in on an unbalanced server. In the old days a 2 to 1 unfavorable server was awesome. Always danger, sometimes you just got rolled by a 5 man but it was acceptable. There was room to gank without being overwhelmed constantly. Then they made PvP servers able to have both factions and it was over. Great move by blizzard to up the revenue but it destroyed most PvP servers. Where there was slight unbalance turned into big imbalance. It forced a server change from me be guild to a favourable server. Not as awesome as the old days but still allowed PvP on my terms. It was great.

But with wm, it is great for people who were "forced" onto PvP servers to opt out. I hail that as blizzards admission that opening up servers to transfers as wrong but at least it makes PvP optional.

I don't like it because I liked being an a positive unbalanced server where the old "I want to attack someone without being attacked" mantra was alive. But wm is far from a failure.

- - - Updated - - -

I liked being in on an unbalanced server. In the old days a 2 to 1 unfavorable server was awesome. Always danger, sometimes you just got rolled by a 5 man but it was acceptable. There was room to gank without being overwhelmed constantly. Then they made PvP servers able to have both factions and it was over. Great move by blizzard to up the revenue but it destroyed most PvP servers. Where there was slight unbalance turned into big imbalance. It forced a server change from me be guild to a favourable server. Not as awesome as the old days but still allowed PvP on my terms. It was great.

But with wm, it is great for people who were "forced" onto PvP servers to opt out. I hail that as blizzards admission that opening up servers to transfers as wrong but at least it makes PvP optional.

I don't like it because I liked being an a positive unbalanced server where the old "I want to attack someone without being attacked" mantra was alive. But wm is far from a failure.

- - - Updated - - -

Too long didn’t read...but you repeated yourself a few times a few times.. ( I skimmed thought )

Maybe your part of the sub 75 IQ.

Typically the loudest people in the room, are the weakest.
    Last edited by FreeHongKong; 2020-05-25 at 04:11 AM.

Didn't they say they planned some kind of world pvp events where covenants fight each other?

That will really let you see if you picked the raider covenant or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Xirrohon View Post
    I hope WM stays. This has been the first expac in a while where there has been large scale World PvP in a long time. If it takes giving Ally +30% bonus. Welfare Epics, whatever. I dont care, lets keep it going.
    I completely agree. I love getting a group together to stomp on Horde scum and get free 30% for doing so. Warmode is a gankfest. You gank, and get ganked and move on.

We do need some controls on body camping though. Even a 10 second "zero honor" debuff would be good; people in 5-man groups who body camp are just jerks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SLRRP View Post
    So I get to choose between passing on benefits and getting my game experience completely ruined by getting ganked? Gee thanks devs!
    "Game experience completely ruined by ganking" wins the hyperbolic statement of the day award.

If you game experience is RUINED by being ganked, then missing out on a hypothetical 10% bonus is preferable. Just because you chose red at character creation doesn't give you the right to expect that you hit the "I win" button.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Im honest, I didn't read all the posts here.
    But I'm on warmode since release, even on gank heavy days in mechagon. Unless there is a call to arms quest on, there is like never any pvp action. Sometimes a rogue saps me or I get mind controlled to prevent me from tagging the WQ-Boss.

And it doesn't matter if I play my horde mains or the alliance toons. I usually die like 5 times a month to openworld pvp.

So.. It's a free 10%/30% buff for me.

Signature by Aryiana

Quote Originally Posted by Laughingjack View Post
    Didn't they say they planned some kind of world pvp events where covenants fight each other?

That will really let you see if you picked the raider covenant or not.
    If my last poll turns out to be accurate then that just means half the playerbase will play venthir and rofl stomp the other 3 covenants while they cleave themselves.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.