Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
9
10
11
12
LastLast
  1. #201
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    I'm going to try turning off WM but manually flagging myself in shadowlands. Should make PvP a little more natural, but it doesn't help against lopsided shards.
    So you're going to turn Wm off and then turn it on again. There is no way to manually flag yourself without going to your capital and manually turning Wm on. I hope youre other faction to me so I can destroy you. I'm pretty useless PvP but I destroy noobs.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    I even wish they'd added WM to classic.

    Since not having WM really only helps the gankers.
    If you didn't want to get ganked then why are you in PvP server?
    Of course, your friends are there or the best players are there.
    You made your decision, shut your mouth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

  2. #202
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkizon View Post
    Then, as I said, no one will go there... well, almost no one, what will deprive any meaning of its existence.

    I’d like that scenario very much, no doubt, it’s very good and cheerful with almost guaranteed following-up cutting it out *smiles maliciously looking at Ashran* ... but, I'm afraid, this is probably something, that won't fit devs
    I agree.
    Without any benefits to enable Warmode it will end up empty.

    Thats the reality of making "World PvP" a toggle option.

    We (world pvp'ers) need fresh meat and prey to hunt on this mode.

    Blizzard delivered us fresh meat via reward bribe i can only thank Blizzard for it.

  3. #203
    they cant balance factions so not its never going away... until they understand that factions are crap and a outdated system

  4. #204
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    What a laughably bullshit statement to make.

    Warmode is the most unbalanced piece of shit out there. Why? Because Blizzards "modern technology" Sharding is absolutely fucking garbage.

    Try to do 15v15. Fucking lagfest.
    Here is an example of the sub 75 IQ .Doesn't bother reading post, just goes into full attack mode

    For warmode, it is the most balanced piece of shit. The reason is that it is purely optional. You are not forced into PvP situations unless you choose to. In the old days you may hate world PvP but if your friends were there then you were forced into it.

    Now if you are getting ganked then you can turn it off. Any complaints about WM now are just beyond stupid.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by wrynil View Post
    I kinda like those proposals actually. Sound like needed changes
    Might as well get rid of WM. I'm not against getting rid of it, I only use it for the buffs, but it cannot be balanced without incentives. Unless....
    .
    You can only enter warmode if there are allocated slots. What this means is that you can only join a wm if there open slots.
    E.g.
    If pop is 1 to 1 then 1 of either faction can go Wm. This produces n v n+1 situation.
    Let's say horde is n+1. Horde cannot enter Wm untill an alliance jumps in to make it n v n again.
    What if a whole bunch of people join up in a raid crossrealm? That realm is 40 v 2. Oh no. Unbalanced. That opens up 38 slots (+ maybe one more). This is filled by the Wm queue. Problem solved.

    Then do away with rewards.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Rinaul View Post
    Warmode has been a success in my opinion in that it allows players (like me) to be on a server with friends who chose to go into a pvp realm even though I myself do not enjoy it. Now they can essentially be on a pvp realm and I pve yet still be able to give each other stuff such as gold and crafted items without hating the experience of being on a server type one doesn't care for.
    Personally I don't like the Wm.

    I liked being in on an unbalanced server. In the old days a 2 to 1 unfavorable server was awesome. Always danger, sometimes you just got rolled by a 5 man but it was acceptable. There was room to gank without being overwhelmed constantly. Then they made PvP servers able to have both factions and it was over. Great move by blizzard to up the revenue but it destroyed most PvP servers. Where there was slight unbalance turned into big imbalance. It forced a server change from me be guild to a favourable server. Not as awesome as the old days but still allowed PvP on my terms. It was great.

    But with wm, it is great for people who were "forced" onto PvP servers to opt out. I hail that as blizzards admission that opening up servers to transfers as wrong but at least it makes PvP optional.

    I don't like it because I liked being an a positive unbalanced server where the old "I want to attack someone without being attacked" mantra was alive. But wm is far from a failure.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Rinaul View Post
    Warmode has been a success in my opinion in that it allows players (like me) to be on a server with friends who chose to go into a pvp realm even though I myself do not enjoy it. Now they can essentially be on a pvp realm and I pve yet still be able to give each other stuff such as gold and crafted items without hating the experience of being on a server type one doesn't care for.
    Personally I don't like the Wm.

    I liked being in on an unbalanced server. In the old days a 2 to 1 unfavorable server was awesome. Always danger, sometimes you just got rolled by a 5 man but it was acceptable. There was room to gank without being overwhelmed constantly. Then they made PvP servers able to have both factions and it was over. Great move by blizzard to up the revenue but it destroyed most PvP servers. Where there was slight unbalance turned into big imbalance. It forced a server change from me be guild to a favourable server. Not as awesome as the old days but still allowed PvP on my terms. It was great.

    But with wm, it is great for people who were "forced" onto PvP servers to opt out. I hail that as blizzards admission that opening up servers to transfers as wrong but at least it makes PvP optional.

    I don't like it because I liked being an a positive unbalanced server where the old "I want to attack someone without being attacked" mantra was alive. But wm is far from a failure.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Rinaul View Post
    Warmode has been a success in my opinion in that it allows players (like me) to be on a server with friends who chose to go into a pvp realm even though I myself do not enjoy it. Now they can essentially be on a pvp realm and I pve yet still be able to give each other stuff such as gold and crafted items without hating the experience of being on a server type one doesn't care for.
    Personally I don't like the Wm.

    I liked being in on an unbalanced server. In the old days a 2 to 1 unfavorable server was awesome. Always danger, sometimes you just got rolled by a 5 man but it was acceptable. There was room to gank without being overwhelmed constantly. Then they made PvP servers able to have both factions and it was over. Great move by blizzard to up the revenue but it destroyed most PvP servers. Where there was slight unbalance turned into big imbalance. It forced a server change from me be guild to a favourable server. Not as awesome as the old days but still allowed PvP on my terms. It was great.

    But with wm, it is great for people who were "forced" onto PvP servers to opt out. I hail that as blizzards admission that opening up servers to transfers as wrong but at least it makes PvP optional.

    I don't like it because I liked being an a positive unbalanced server where the old "I want to attack someone without being attacked" mantra was alive. But wm is far from a failure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

  5. #205
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    So you're going to turn Wm off and then turn it on again. There is no way to manually flag yourself without going to your capital and manually turning Wm on. I hope youre other faction to me so I can destroy you. I'm pretty useless PvP but I destroy noobs.
    Just type "/pvp". Most if not all of the other ways still flag you for PvP.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2019-11-30 at 06:47 AM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  6. #206
    Try playing on Oceania Horde where Alliance get the 30% buff yet Oceania is tilted heavily to Alliance not Horde like it is on NA or EU.

  7. #207
    Quote Originally Posted by KYZ123 View Post
    Pro tip: move to an Alliance-favoured server with a high overall population. Then the Alliance do get a free 30% bonus!

    Why they made it game-wide and not realm-wide is beyond me. Even with some sharding, on Alliance-favoured realms, there's not nearly enough Horde to justify having any bonus at all!
    Only us server that works on is Moon guard as rp realms are closed off entirely from others (including other rp realms). All other realms are linked up.

  8. #208
    The Lightbringer docterfreeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Finding a stranger in the alps.
    Posts
    3,278
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    So you're going to turn Wm off and then turn it on again. There is no way to manually flag yourself without going to your capital and manually turning Wm on. I hope youre other faction to me so I can destroy you. I'm pretty useless PvP but I destroy noobs.
    Nah you can still manually flag outside of war mode. Try it.

  9. #209
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    So you're going to turn Wm off and then turn it on again. There is no way to manually flag yourself without going to your capital and manually turning Wm on. I hope youre other faction to me so I can destroy you. I'm pretty useless PvP but I destroy noobs.

    - - - Updated - - -



    If you didn't want to get ganked then why are you in PvP server?
    Of course, your friends are there or the best players are there.
    You made your decision, shut your mouth.
    I'm on a PvE server, I'm just thinking of the poor people who were not smart enough.

  10. #210
    warmode isn't a failure, if anything it's resounding success, gave players choice of participating. i can't really think of any downside to it

  11. #211
    Lmao war mode is bad but people are losing their mind with classic's pvp.

  12. #212
    I remember Thalyssra mentioned when joining the horde, that the alliance feel to walled off, to cloisterd.

    Funny thing is, this is so true for real. When in warmode they are always with the whole family to beat down 1 leveling horde killing dinos.

    Its offtopic, but found it funny hoe true this is.

    Does that mean its the alliance fault the nightborne disnt join them? Lol

  13. #213
    WM is amazing, wish there were warmode for classic too

  14. #214
    Best WPvP I have seen since ages more-so since I used to play on PvE server. Any active zone is a war-zone. Too bad 8.3 is not bringing a new shared zone.

    I don't remember so much active WPvP when there were "PVP SERVERS" because they were all one sided.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Nah you can still manually flag outside of war mode. Try it.

    Only for 5 mins if you fly through horde zone or get hit by a guard.
    Why would you do that?

  15. #215
    The Lightbringer docterfreeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Finding a stranger in the alps.
    Posts
    3,278
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbond View Post
    Best WPvP I have seen since ages more-so since I used to play on PvE server. Any active zone is a war-zone. Too bad 8.3 is not bringing a new shared zone.

    I don't remember so much active WPvP when there were "PVP SERVERS" because they were all one sided.

    - - - Updated - - -




    Only for 5 mins if you fly through horde zone or get hit by a guard.
    Why would you do that?
    Click on portrait>pvp>enable. Perma flag outside warmode. If you played on a PvE server and didn't know about this, you missed out on some great moments. I used to be on a PvE server in MoP and I'd flag myself as an alliance near the org gates. Led to some funny interactions and great open world duels or 1vX.
    Last edited by docterfreeze; 2019-12-04 at 07:13 AM.

  16. #216
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Click on portrait>pvp>enable. Perma flag outside warmode. If you played on a PvE server and didn't know about this, you missed out on some great moments. I used to be on a PvE server in MoP and I'd flag myself as an alliance near the org gates. Led to some funny interactions and great open world duels or 1vX.
    this was warmode before warmode was a thing.
    you knew that the only people you see as hostile are those who actively decided to do so.
    (or those unlucky enough to run into a stray outpost guard within the last 5 min)

    rare, but fun moments.

  17. #217
    I enjoy war mode even though I’m often outnumbered since I play alliance. Still having fun and the rewards more than make up for any ganking.

  18. #218
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    A lot of those PVP talents on classes used to be baseline skills so to me it's still a failure.
    That's what bugging me as well, but it's not a warmode problem, it's a pruning problem.

    I used WM for leveling my mage - not for the XP or the Azerite but for some talent they chucked into PvP and which I needed to make my build work.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •