Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTophat View Post
    Ample amount of fish who will bite and zero repercussions in terms of long term suspensions/perma bans for people who post in bad faith. It's honestly sad how much people like the OP can get away with on this site.
    Pretty much this, yes.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exhuman View Post
    Do we know something about warmode in Shadowlands?

Will the alliance recieve +30% bonus during the whole expansion again?
    Warmode of course will be in and no, we don't know until it launches.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Make the bonus for the underrepresented faction MUCH higher (to make it worthwhile to bear the stupid interruptions to those of us trying to play the ACTUAL game by the Horde ADHD mental midget PvP griefers,) and remove ALL bonuses for the overrepresented faction, and it might not suck so hard. Until then, WM off at all times.

War mode is a failure because no matter what, Alliance ALWAYS has the larger bonus. I've seen groups of Horde getting raided by roving raid groups of Alliance, clearly outnumbering Horde but still getting the better bonus. Either remove the percentage bonus or make a static bonus that everyone gets regardless of population.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mojusk View Post
    tl:dr
    its not really that much of an advantage as it sounds at first. only ~6% (TOPS) of total AP income.

alliance didnt have 30% the whole expansion, it was between 20-30%.
    30% doesnt mean that alliance get 30% more than horde. horde gets 10% bonus, so its 130/110*100-100= ~18,2% more.
    furthermore its only rewards from WQs, nothing else not emissaries, islands, m+, raids etc, only WQs. how big a percentage of your total AP earned is from WQs? for some its under 1%. if you cleared the map from AP WQs every day, and you did all the things that gave good AP rewards, 4 islands, weekly m+ etc, it may have been like 33% TOPS.
    ~33% of ~18,2% is ~6%.
    every week the AP required per trait is reduced by 30%, which means that a 30% bonus is equal to 1/5 of a week advantage or 1.4 day (this doesnt mean 2.8 days after two weeks 4.2 at 3 weeks. it means always be only 1.4 days ahead.
    so at the end of the day, its not really that much of an advantage as it sounds at first.
    I legitimately want to know how your math works because reading it, it makes zero sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warmode is probably the best iteration wpvp has seen in this entire game.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

I level with WM on, only because Blizzard has screwed up leveling once i hit 120 it goes off. I hope they do keep it for Shadowlands, it will make leveling slightly more bearable. Now if they would just fix pathfinder and flying....

Warmode was a great sucess in my book. BfA was full of interesting and spontaneous world pvp fights. Something I don't remember happening since BC or so.

It just needs some iterations, just like any other system they put into the game. A mercanary mode for horde players would probably be a start. Maybe use the covenants to even out numbers somehow. And make content not raidable. Group finder isn't really a problem untill it leads to 40 people in a raid being able to kill rares AND the enemy faction at the same time while the other faction flees the shard once they notice that they it's one of those.
    Last edited by owbu; 2019-11-20 at 06:52 PM.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    War mode is a failure because no matter what, Alliance ALWAYS has the larger bonus. I've seen groups of Horde getting raided by roving raid groups of Alliance, clearly outnumbering Horde but still getting the better bonus. Either remove the percentage bonus or make a static bonus that everyone gets regardless of population.
    It seems like you don't understand how warmode + sharding works.

First of all, its not dependent on server, you can swap server on the fly by joining groups.
    Alliance can win if they form a 40 man raid.
    Reason why ally got +30% is because there is much less ally players with warmode on.
    And because of that, servers got hard time balancing warmode shards because there is simply not enough people.

Now imagine following scenario:
    Ally = 1000 players
    Horde = 3000 players
    Shard capacity = 100 players

You can get 2 options here:

either have 40 shards with 75-25 (horde - ally)
    OR
    have 20 shards with 50-50
    and 20 shards with 100-0

Now if more alliance players join, servers could handle this in better manner. This is why ally got bigger bonus.
    Second thing is. Since you can swap shards or simply create a group of 40 man

75-25 shard would become 75-64 and since this is higher capacity than shard can handle, it will start phasing out single, non-grouped players out of it.
    Trying to get to 50-50. BUT there will be a group of 40 ally players + 10 non-grouped players.
    and probably 50 non-grouped horde players

I can see one solution to this.
    Swap to Alliance and get the bonus yourselves. That can finally fix some of the faction imbalance the alliance have been feeling these past few expansions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabby
    I'm Commander Crabby, and this is my favorite forum on the website.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    It seems like you don't understand how warmode + sharding works.

First of all, its not dependent on server, you can swap server on the fly by joining groups.
    Alliance can win if they form a 40 man raid.
    Reason why ally got +30% is because there is much less ally players with warmode on.
    And because of that, servers got hard time balancing warmode shards because there is simply not enough people.

Now imagine following scenario:
    Ally = 1000 players
    Horde = 3000 players
    Shard capacity = 100 players

You can get 2 options here:

either have 40 shards with 75-25 (horde - ally)
    OR
    have 20 shards with 50-50
    and 20 shards with 100-0

Now if more alliance players join, servers could handle this in better manner. This is why ally got bigger bonus.
    Second thing is. Since you can swap shards or simply create a group of 40 man

75-25 shard would become 75-64 and since this is higher capacity than shard can handle, it will start phasing out single, non-grouped players out of it.
    Trying to get to 50-50. BUT there will be a group of 40 ally players + 10 non-grouped players.
    and probably 50 non-grouped horde players
    Since the introduction of War Mode, I've never seen Alliance go lower than 20% on their bonus. Horde never had higher than 10%. I do not believe that the numbers are that perpetually unbalanced. The bonus needs to be static for both sides or removed entirely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Blizzard does have a tendency to bring failed systems into their latest expansion (and apologize for it later) so yes, Warmode will almost certainly be in Shadowlands
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Since the introduction of War Mode, I've never seen Alliance go lower than 20% on their bonus. Horde never had higher than 10%. I do not believe that the numbers are that perpetually unbalanced. The bonus needs to be static for both sides or removed entirely.
    I just explained to you how it works and why they have bigger bonus

Warmode would work fine *if* they added cross faction in non warmode, imho its the best compramise, remove the /pvp tab and basically just give you the option to either que with players from the other side and do content with them (warmode off) or fight against them (warmode on) which would work infinatley better than the current system, also, make it possible to turn warmode on and off in literally -every- capital city/resting area in the game -but- you have a 5 min lock once you turn it on, and a warning promting you if you want to turn it on.

The only problem with Warmode is the fact you can't see group members that have WM set differently to you. Generally you don't miss them because you can't see them and don't notice they are there. But when you group for a dungeon it is quite jarring that you can't see players in your group until you enter an instance.

The bigger problem is shard hopping especially in Nazjatar. Just avoid any chance of not outnumbering the opposing faction.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been inactive for a few months due to starting grad school, but I enjoyed WM at the start of the expansion. This was the first expansion I really did anything with WPvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    The bigger problem is shard hopping especially in Nazjatar. Just avoid any chance of not outnumbering the opposing faction.
    DUH! And you know why it happens? Because people are forming 40 man raids in first place, thats how you outnumber opposing faction. It's not the result, its the cause.

If nobody would join a group, shards would be a lot better balanced. But then again, countering this is also easy since you can create 40m raid yourself. That's how I saw gigantic open world pvp.

War mode is fun. Even more so on Alliance. I get a 30% bonus and also get to crush any Horde I see while questing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    That's was rolling on non PVP realms were for.
    somebody doesnt understand how people and friends work....

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    WM was a Failure? First I've heard. Everyone I play with enjoyed it since they could opt in to PvP if they felt like it and could Opt out when they just wanted to chill and play.

PvP and PvE servers never gave the freedom of both.