Page 1 of 27
... LastLast

The Failure Warmode is going into Shadowlands?

Do we know something about warmode in Shadowlands?

Will the alliance recieve +30% bonus during the whole expansion again?

What is it with you opening bait thread after bait thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    What is it with you opening bait thread after bait thread?
    A very tiny......... ego.

WM has been fun, don't consider it a failure really

Quote Originally Posted by Exhuman View Post
    Do we know something about warmode in Shadowlands?

Will the alliance recieve +30% bonus during the whole expansion again?
    No, the horde will just have a free +10% bonus the whole exspansion again, while the alliance have a 0% bonus the whole exspansion yet again.

Probably given than most people interested in PvP play on the horde. But it is also possible that this bonus will balance itself better becasue the system will work from the start.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just hope that they make the bonus server based, rather then region based, going into Shadowlands

Awesome Sig/Avatar by the lovely Rivellana

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Failure warmode? Is this low tier bait or people are actually agaisnt one of the best features of BfA?

Well, as a system it's absolutly fine. But it has some serious flaws:
    1) "The groupfinder issue" or "summoning stone issue". It's REALLY annoying when your group is full and you want to port the last slackers to the dungeon but, o well, you can't because you are in WM and the other groupmember who flew to the dungeon is not. Similar problem with raidgroups. Maybe put all members of the group be in the mode of the groupleader when they enter the group. Or mark groups in the groupfinder as WM/non WM
    2) The fact, that you get higher PvE rewards if you enter WM. That's the elephant in the room: In WM you are not rewarded for doing PvP. Heck, you are even encouraged not to do PvP. Most people with WM on are not interested in PvP at all and just want higher rewards. In general it's more efficient to mind your own business and do your worldquests than to engange in a fight.There could be simple fixes:
    Remove the flat 10-30% buff you get on gold/rep/azerite.
    Reward players for killing other players with gold/rep/azerite. Think PvP expeditions, just in the open world. You get a stacking buff the longer you are active in WM (killing other players, finishing quests, etc..) and a player killing you gets a reward based on your buff. That way camping is discouraged, because you won't get rewards for killing someone over and over. Just one example you can take.

WM should be for PvP and not a toggle for higher PvE rewards.
    Last edited by LordVargK; 2019-11-19 at 06:11 PM.

I hope WM stays. This has been the first expac in a while where there has been large scale World PvP in a long time. If it takes giving Ally +30% bonus. Welfare Epics, whatever. I dont care, lets keep it going.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    1. Could be partially solved by putting the stones into the dungeons since there's no WM anyway.
    The whole lfg tool needs an overhaul with options for filters, with WM being one of those. (Automatically searching only for groups that have your status in world content)

Quote Originally Posted by Frinata View Post
    I just hope that they make the bonus server based, rather then region based, going into Shadowlands
    That would only work if they completely removed cross realm and sharding. If not, then that'd be a really stupid thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Xirrohon View Post
    I hope WM stays. This has been the first expac in a while where there has been large scale World PvP in a long time. If it takes giving Ally +30% bonus. Welfare Epics, whatever. I dont care, lets keep it going.
    World PvP is kind of dead again. Most of the players specially allies are on wm off.

No one at blizzcon that played the demo reported anything about the pvp talent tab?

5+ Year Old Account
    WM was a much-needed improvement to the PVP system in WoW. WM should stay. In fact, it should be the baseline for all PVP experience going forward.

Regarding the specific +30% bonus, I think it's a fair bonus where the disparity warrants it. On servers Horde-dominated, the Alliance should be rewarded for genuine effort to participate in PVP. Otherwise, Alliance players continue to step further away from anything and all things PVP, which ends up killing PVP altogether.

Of course, servers are now cross-realm so it really doesn't matter. Nevertheless, if the sum of players is heavy Horde, then the Alliance should receive the bonus. And vice-versa.

It's a good system with opportunities for improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Plehnard View Post
    1. Could be partially solved by putting the stones into the dungeons since there's no WM anyway.
    The whole lfg tool needs an overhaul with options for filters, with WM being one of those. (Automatically searching only for groups that have your status in world content)
    Well, you're right. That would be the quite obvious solution for that, didn't think of it. But the problem persists in other open world groups too. The overhaul is really necessary. Again. But given that it took until Legion to give us a functioning version of the groupfinder, I would not bet on an overhaul in SL...

I was hoping War Mode was implemented as a means for cross-faction play in Shadowlands. That's not happening, so it's pointless. Might as well have kept world PVP the way it was, not like WM improved it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frinata View Post
    But there isn't really a "server" any more. In both normal and warmode you have folks from all over the place thanks to CRZ.

In relation to the OP, I don't see warmode going anywhere. While I'd like to see the statistics of how many do what, but that is highly unlikely.
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2019-11-19 at 06:24 PM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTophat View Post
    Ample amount of fish who will bite and zero repercussions in terms of long term suspensions/perma bans for people who post in bad faith. It's honestly sad how much people like the OP can get away with on this site.
    Yet if you run into an idiot and call them "idiot" you can get suspended, but if you call them smart you won't get suspended. Telling the truth can get you banned while lying is accepted.

7+ Year Old Account
    I might honestly consider it a failure too, from my personal experience.
    All my Alliance alts with WM on, who all went to the Horde heavy areas, ran into a handful of Horde players from level 20 to 100. It was first in Legion I saw Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Garkanh View Post
    No, the horde will just have a free +10% bonus the whole exspansion again, while the alliance have a 0% bonus the whole exspansion yet again.
    I remember the horde having a 10% bonus for the first 3 months of bfa, while the Alliance has 20-30% for 12 months up to now and more to come while being the more represented wm on faction since the introduction of wm bonus being higher than 10% for the "underrepresented faction".

Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    Failure warmode? Is this low tier bait or people are actually agaisnt one of the best features of BfA?
    For all the imbalance at times, I still love it to death. The PvP talents and just added sense of actual risk and danger while out in the world that I just don't get anymore otherwise, I haven't turned it off all expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.