Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    WM is a wonderful option, no need to remove it.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exhuman View Post
    Do we know something about warmode in Shadowlands?

Will the alliance recieve +30% bonus during the whole expansion again?
    I think they need to balance the WM shards so that it is a 50/50 split. for example, yeah Horde tend to have the advantage in US and EU but in Oceanic Alliance is the dominant faction. yet because we are grouped in with the US they get a 30% bonus despite being the dominant faction. they should remove the bonus but just have it so that if you log in or switch to WM that it checks ya faction and puts you in a shard where things are equal, not a 70/30 split

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Did it?

Then why did the absolute mouth breathing morons at Blizzard just apply the buff to ALL Alliance players. Regardless of individual region or server balance?

Because on Frostmourne Oceanic the Alliance walks around with an 80/20 split and still gets 30% warmode bonus.

Billion dollar company everyone. Amazing.
    That's probably just due to the time at which you play or you're just lucky enough to be in the shard they hop to. I see alliance in war mode in say Nazjatar maybe twice a week. Maybe. And it's only when their double raid group managed to shard hop into mine. In Mechagon there is only alliance when the daily is for PVP. I didn't see any for nearly a month because I didn't go there every day.

When I leveled my alliance toon for the achieve and went to Naz just last week there were 5 horde assassins at all times. I rarely if ever saw more than 1 on my horde toon.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Failure; Noun: Something someone in MMO Champion doesn't like and therefore assumes EVERYONE in wow doesn't like it...therefore is a failure of a mechanic...poster has a 40% chance of being correct in the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Did it?

Then why did the absolute mouth breathing morons at Blizzard just apply the buff to ALL Alliance players. Regardless of individual region or server balance?

Because on Frostmourne Oceanic the Alliance walks around with an 80/20 split and still gets 30% warmode bonus.

Billion dollar company everyone. Amazing.
    The basic idea of Warmode (giving everyone a PVP toggle) was one of the best additions to WoW in a long time. The Warmode bonus is indeed pretty horrible, though. THAT part should never have been implemented.

Quote Originally Posted by Garkanh View Post
    No, the horde will just have a free +10% bonus the whole exspansion again, while the alliance have a 0% bonus the whole exspansion yet again.
    What lol.

I leveled my Druid and alts to 120, all WM starting at level 20. Didn’t get ganked once.

Once I hit 120 I turned it off of course. Now if the bonus had included a 25% to rep, it would’ve stayed on. But that would’ve lowered time played metrics, so I understand why there was no rep bonus :3

The only reason I consider War Mode a failure is due to the division it causes in the player base. I hardly see any other players while I'm in War Mode, but if I turn it off, areas are very lively.

Quote Originally Posted by Zillbert View Post
    The only reason I consider War Mode a failure is due to the division it causes in the player base. I hardly see any other players while I'm in War Mode, but if I turn it off, areas are very lively.
    But there's a division in players between PvP and PvE servers, you just can't switch on the spot and see the difference.

war mode is fine, sharding is the problem, specifically how zergs are seldom put in the same shard as other zergs, so you have rotating door of people coming to a zone, run into the zerk, shard hop, more people get pulled in fight zerg, shard hop, on and on

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    war mode is fine, sharding is the problem, specifically how zergs are seldom put in the same shard as other zergs, so you have rotating door of people coming to a zone, run into the zerk, shard hop, more people get pulled in fight zerg, shard hop, on and on
    Exactly this. I enjoy world pvp and i dont mind warmode at all under normal conditions. But my issue is that the system that is supposed to balance shards does simply not work. I always have the feeling that the system literally only counts the group leader of a 40 man raid and completely disregards the other 39 players in that raid.

If you want proof of that, just look at the horrible mess that is the battle for nazjatar. The glorious feeling of joining a raid in the groupfinder, only to then sit inside the enemy base and farm players that portal in, while on other shards the exact same thing is being done to your own portal. Why on earth is that a thing ? My personal favourite is winning the battle, leaving the raid while standing in my own factions base only to phase into another shard into the middle of an alliance raid farming my portal

In my opinion warmode needs to subject groups and raids to more aggressive phasing, meaning it has to actively move groups and raids from BOTH factions onto the same shards. Ofc this isnt ideal as noone enjoys being phased around but i think it would be a better solution than what we have right now.

Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    Failure warmode? Is this low tier bait or people are actually agaisnt one of the best features of BfA?
    Well best in theory one of the worst in practice. The fault really lies on the super terrible sharding technology which refuses to aggressively balance the shards so you have 100 - 10 shards all the time

Nazjatar is full of alliance when I turn WM off. But when I turn it on for the weekly PvP quest we cant even find one on their base.

Depressing, and lets not talk when you try to do the weekly pvp on kultiras. Hours looking for an alliance to kill.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to try turning off WM but manually flagging myself in shadowlands. Should make PvP a little more natural, but it doesn't help against lopsided shards.

I even wish they'd added WM to classic.

Since not having WM really only helps the gankers.

7+ Year Old Account

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    Well best in theory one of the worst in practice. The fault really lies on the super terrible sharding technology which refuses to aggressively balance the shards so you have 100 - 10 shards all the time
    Shards, phasing and CRZ are just cherries on pile of problems which this idea generated
    +(+/+/+/+/+)

ps. It has never been good and even more "no" as adequate alternative to healthy freedom of PvP servers (absolutely inappropriate for current version, and even more for Classic).
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2019-11-20 at 09:27 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    Agreed. Sharding has no place in modern WoW. Made sense in Classic in the early days when everyone and their mother was camping mobs but not anymore

Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    Agreed. Sharding has no place in modern WoW. Made sense in Classic in the early days when everyone and their mother was camping mobs but not anymore
    Um Sharding absolutely has a place in modern WoW. Classic did not have sharding it had layering which is different. Layering is essentially multiple copies of a server running at the same time. If you dont join a group you stay on that layer until you log off. Sharding is copies of zones or even areas in a zone to live balance populations. You can be switched shards as populations change or by joining other groups but there are multiple shards per server which has only 1 layer.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyr78 View Post
    Probably given than most people interested in PvP play on the horde. But it is also possible that this bonus will balance itself better becasue the system will work from the start.
    That applies to pve too because of op racials
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    A very tiny......... ego.

WM has been fun, don't consider it a failure really
    What has been fun about it?

I didn't like Warmode(when I played) because it messes with open world PvE content. Inviting someone and realizing they are phased is surprisingly clunky game design. Is it still that way? If so, it seems that Warmode eliminates the number of people I can play with in open world content, and thus should be improved to resolve that problem somehow. Is there a warmode filter in the groupfinder? If not, that would go a long way imo.

Being able to completely avoid world pvp when in the past I would have to engage, is the best thing about warmode imo.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2019-11-20 at 03:05 PM.