Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Exhuman View Post
    Now we have 2 endless grind ilvl increase and corruption reduction from N'zoth and Visions.
    As already said: the 2 ilvl grind always existed. And it still doesn't matter. Having an endless grinding trait or just 2 ilvl that we had in BfA since it was released are 2 complete different things. And if you think that you really need these 2 ilvl on a minor slot like the necklace, even with the increase in the power of the essence (i do x points more); it still doesn't matter.

- - - Updated - - -

Getting exposed
    Or getting a bit paranoid. They say that the trait was too much, and yes, you are simply done with artifact power when you reach the new soft cap. 2 ilvl on necklace SIMPLY DOESN'T MATTER!

No endless AP grind...now get ready for endless legendary cloak grind!

- - - Updated - - -

Think it’s funny though that Blizzard put stuff like AP in for people to have something to do that always complained about raid logging, now we go backwards towards what people complained about that started the system. Human beings really do go full circle.

9.0 can't come soon enough...

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    As already said: the 2 ilvl grind always existed. And it still doesn't matter. Having an endless grinding trait or just 2 ilvl that we had in BfA since it was released are 2 complete different things. And if you think that you really need these 2 ilvl on a minor slot like the necklace, even with the increase in the power of the essence (i do x points more); it still doesn't matter.

- - - Updated - - -

Or getting a bit paranoid. They say that the trait was too much, and yes, you are simply done with artifact power when you reach the new soft cap. 2 ilvl on necklace SIMPLY DOESN'T MATTER!
    I don't get it. 2 ilvl per level after 85? that's endless?
    (Removed for Violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Think it’s funny though that Blizzard put stuff like AP in for people to have something to do that always complained about raid logging, now we go backwards towards what people complained about that started the system. Human beings really do go full circle.
    Nah, there is no endless cloak grind like the endless ap-grind. You have actually a soft cap on corruption resistance, and you can decide yourself how much it hinders you. AP-Grind is bad because you are always having the issue that if you grind next week, you would be far more effective, since you need to spend less xp. So it does not matter how much you grind this week, since next week it would be much easier. While here you have a target, and if you start late, then you still need to grind it, But if you start early, you are actually have an advantage. AP doesn't have it, you never have an advantage, because next week, the grind is simply easier.

They need to cap HoA at 85.

I rather get that 2k gold from WQs, Bonus Roll and Missions.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    2 ilvls on the neck is not worth grinding though.
    It isn't you're right. But you're dealing with a community that has an "It is a 0.01% power increase and i has to do it because there's a 0.000000001% chance that me getting that boost will knock the boss over. If I don't my raid lead will yell at me!" attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Denymeplz View Post
    They have OCD, thats all, you can find a ton of 9/9M raiders who still dont have their neck on 70, maybe not even 67.
    That's because currently there's no real gain and when you have alts there's no reason

In 8.3 it would give players a power progression that is required for the n'zoth fight

I don't get it. 2 ilvl per level after 85? that's endless?
    Is it endless: YES. Does it matter: NO. So no, there's no endless grind except for people who want to endless grind. But still: it doesn't matter. You get naturally more AP, but it doesn't matter after the new soft cap. I think for people who think they need it it's fine, but for the rest it simply doesn't matter if the ilvl of their necklace is 2 level lower. Compare this to the corruption-stat, where you need to grind and grind and grind to get some permanent reduction to corruption, something that affects your whole gear. And as said before: AP is bad because you never can have an advantage, because next week you can farm there much much easier.

So yes, 2 ilvl on the necklace simply doesn't matter. It was here since the beginning, and if someone thinks he needs to have his necklace on level 1000. then let him have his fun. There will be people who want to try it out next expansion, so gl and hf. for them. But in reality: it doesn't matter.

Nah, there is no endless cloak grind like the endless ap-grind. You have actually a soft cap on corruption resistance, and you can decide yourself how much it hinders you.
    "This item will fortify the cloak, adding additional Corruption Resistance and allowing players to earn the ability to wear more Corrupted armor pieces as time goes by". It still remains unseen how impactful this aditional corruption via item will be, so its too early to say if the cap you mention actually matters or not.

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    That's because currently there's no real gain and when you have alts there's no reason

In 8.3 it would give players a power progression that is required for the n'zoth fight
    Yep, and this doesn't exist anymore. And as above said: many mythic-raiders do not have it right now on max cap because it simply doesn't matter. Even now every AP-Level increase their necklace-level by 2. This was ALWAYS the case. And as seen above: IT DOESN'T MATTER!!!

This corruption system will be a real mess.

BfA is coming at full force for WoD place on the ranks.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    The "endless" AP grind that ended for all but the most casual players many many weeks ago? It may not be a great system, but anything they implement to give purpose to continuing to play your character is lambasted by the forum crowds as an "endless grind".
    It literally is an endless grind.

Quote Originally Posted by Denymeplz View Post
    "This item will fortify the cloak, adding additional Corruption Resistance and allowing players to earn the ability to wear more Corrupted armor pieces as time goes by". It still remains unseen how impactful this aditional corruption via item will be, so its too early to say if the cap you mention actually matters or not.
    Yep, but still there is a reachable cap, and you can grind to it. That's actually nothing wrong, an MMO will always have grinding-elements to it. But here's the deal: compared to ap, where you will never have an advantage, because next week you can grind ap much much easier, here you actually can. You have an reachable goal. That's much much different to AP.

Also i never said this does not matter, because really, this matters, but it's good that they removed this crap from the AP-Necklace. Everyone would have been angry to do all the crappy AP-Stuff to get more ap to increase their corruption-resistance more, and they feel like idiots to do it now, because next week it would be much much more easier to do. And that's the case for every week.

While here you just need to do actual content, you have a reachable goal, no ap-grind and you don't feel like an idiot to do it now, because there's no artefact knowledge that runs behind you making the grind easier.

So yes, this does matter to a specific cap, and more if you want more (and maybe low corruption are actually ok, we need still more info on this). But having 2 ilvl on your necklace simply doesn't matter. So having the ap-grind gone is a good thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nosgoth View Post
    It literally is an endless grind.
    Yes it is, some grind that doesn't matter. But for the people who like this system, it's a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Again another source that isn't directly from Blizzard. https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...changes/368183

80 is the final stamina node, after that you will continue to gain item level ENDLESSLY

- - - Updated - - -

2 item levels is huge on essences or are you mental?

- - - Updated - - -

There was no 85 cap prior, there is no mention of "up to 85". It's listed as an endless grind to endlessly gain item level.
    Yes the grind is technically still there

The major driving factor is not

"2ilvl is super powerful" once you get to the point where it's 200k AP for the trait I don't think people will do it

No they aren't. 2 ilvl even on essences are simply nothing compared to the infinite corruption-trait. And no, 2 ilvl on the essence-power will not simply increase your dps by a mileage. Especially since the grind will be simply not worth it. So no, it simply doesn't matter compared to equal out your corrupted gear. It simply doesn't matter if your essence power do a few damage points more.
    It really is. Just because you're trying to now change your stance to "at least its not both" after being proven wrong, doesn't mean that 2 ils worth of essence increase isn't overly strong.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Learn to read, they are removing the infinite grind on the NECK but adding an infinite grind on the CLOAK.

And it still doesn't matter. 2 ilvl are still nothing.
    Quite the opposite. Due to the way iLvl scales, they add up rather quickly. The corruption reduction is probably the weaker of the two bonuses.

Yep, and this doesn't exist anymore. And as above said: many mythic-raiders do not have it right now on max cap because it simply doesn't matter. Even now every AP-Level increase their necklace-level by 2. This was ALWAYS the case. And as seen above: IT DOESN'T MATTER!!!
    Which is why it's a great change

Now for players to give actionable feedback on the corruption system so TF stays dead