Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by rips View Post
    try playing some alts.. good luck not going insane
    I have a lot of alts and I'm not grinding AP for them. Do you think people really care if their alt is doing 5-10% less damage than their main?

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    Good. They are finally listening
    They always listen at the end cycle of a expansion. They also say, they are sorry and will do better.

The endless cycle repeats itself since cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    The endless cycle repeats itself since cata.
    Typically they overreact, too. So not only would I expect SL to have no infinite grinds, but I expect them to have very tight time-gated hard-caps. That's my guess.

I'm actually OK with that because I don't play WoW like it's my job, but it means you'll finish your daily/weekly tasks very quickly, so if you feel like playing WoW longer there won't be any way to progress your character's power level. Which again, I personally think is healthy, but some players will most definitely disagree!

10+ Year Old Account
    Imagine grinding AP at any point of this expansion ​ever

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    The serious hardcore did, but yes, one of the main failings of this expansion is most people just didn't give a crap about the primary alternative advancement mechanism (AP), and the main feature of the expansion was island expeditions, which were the main source of AP, and most players hated doing them.

That's actually a really succinct description of where BFA failed in both design and execution.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    The "endless" AP grind that ended for all but the most casual players many many weeks ago? It may not be a great system, but anything they implement to give purpose to continuing to play your character is lambasted by the forum crowds as an "endless grind".
    Here's a thought that won't get lambasted by the forum crowds as an "endless grind"....

How about Blizz stops being lazy and actually provides more content? I mean, that was the original argument for why Blizz continues to charge $15 / mo ($20 / mo for token users) when many MMORPGs started to release as F2P.

Perhaps if Blizz implemented effort rather than mechanisms that have the players do the same content over and over and over and over again (sometimes moving a slider switch), you would hear a *lot* fewer complaints about endless grinds...

in other words, give the players something besides endless grinds and they'll stop complaining about them.

Of course, this would require Blizz to use more than a few percentage points of the profit to maintain this game. You know, give back to the community instead of finding ways to put in less effort and suck in more profits.

They tried to release yearly expansions for 13 years, increasing the dev team size by 50%, and failed.

So while I totally agree that WoW would be a much better game with twice as much content, no doubt about that, and I'd be happy to give them forty bucks a year for new expansions, they are simply unable to execute on that.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    The "endless" AP grind that ended for all but the most casual players many many weeks ago? It may not be a great system, but anything they implement to give purpose to continuing to play your character is lambasted by the forum crowds as an "endless grind".
    you seriously think it is a great system?

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Typically they overreact, too. So not only would I expect SL to have no infinite grinds, but I expect them to have very tight time-gated hard-caps. That's my guess.

I'm actually OK with that because I don't play WoW like it's my job, but it means you'll finish your daily/weekly tasks very quickly, so if you feel like playing WoW longer there won't be any way to progress your character's power level. Which again, I personally think is healthy, but some players will most definitely disagree!
    Or they can create activities which are fun to do and not which you do just to dont get behind and which feel like a chore.

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    imagine posting on the internet about being "forced" to grind ap at any point of the expansion...

7+ Year Old Account
    This is amazing, great work Blizzard, just like in classic, let people feel DONE with Their characters, its what an MMORPG should be about, feeling a sence of compleetness that is kinda imposstible in the real world!

Thanks for understand, I am not a raider, but I see and hear people going crazy because of all the "MUST DO" things before raid
    -

One Learns most when Teaching others!