Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ssateneth View Post
    dont hate on rosewill. i've had rosewill capstone power supplies that live up to the score that jonnyguru gave them. all comes down to the oem. some of them going on 8 years, working great.

anyways, wouldnt worry too terribly about quality (keep it in the back of your mind though) at the lower spectrum of power. it's more important at higher powers since ripple and regulation can get magnified when pushing closer to the rated limit of the psu under actual high load scenarios

- - - Updated - - -

doubtful they would send you a new psu for free like that
    But considering the specs arent listed anywhere the best i have to go off of is the actual rosewill page that lists the model number of the PSU. Its close either way, id just rather have the one with 30A of course

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Don’t try to tell Fascinate anything, he knows all and is only looking for people to affirm his choices.
    Well the reason this thread reached 4 pages is that i never asked for advice on how good of a PSU i needed for a sub 300 dollar PC, i was asking about deals initially then found myself defending the fact that lower end PSU's exist for a reason. I have a 130 dollar PSU in my main system (which i decided to sell, dont need this much power for a WoW rig) but for a system like this i think its perfectly fine to cheap out on a PSU, especially with the tariffs hitting PSU's more than any other PC component.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don’t try to tell Fascinate anything, he knows all and is only looking for people to affirm his choices.
    Yeah after I posted I saw who started the thread and shook my head.

Damn it. I remember when he first showed up years back. >_<
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

You literally asked for advice as to whether or not it was smart to buy the PSU you were originally looking at. Sorry that the answer was that even at that price it's trash and not worth it. I get you only want people to validate your opinions, but c'mon.
    How about finding him a better psu at that price point because that`s the point of his thread. It's not surprising how this thread evolved, this is always how hardware recommendations end in this forum. A bunch of pointless grandstanding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go for it brother, I have bought quite a few rosewell PSUs in some of my cheaper builds and they're more then adequate at that level of computing. I swear some people are just these die hard enthusiasts that can't accept the fact that most people aren't running i9 9900KS with a 2080ti. Just look up some reviews on it before you pull the trigger as some of those rosewells can be hit or miss.

10+ Year Old Account
    There isn't a single review, test, discussion or even a forum post about that particular PSU. It's a completely unknown low budget PSU. I'd be less worried about what components it can handle and more worried about it burning down the house. I wouldn't touch it even if I got it for free.

But you do whatever the hell you want to do, I'm not interested in giving advice to people who have no intention of listening to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakadam View Post
    There isn't a single review, test, discussion or even a forum post about that particular PSU. It's a completely unknown low budget PSU. I'd be less worried about what components it can handle and more worried about it burning down the house. I wouldn't touch it even if I got it for free.

But you do whatever the hell you want to do, I'm not interested in giving advice to people who have no intention of listening to it.
    I'd probably use it in like a 3000g build if I got it for free (With a decent warranty that'll replace parts if it blows). If I had to pay for it though? Nah

The case usually sells for 34.99 with free ship, so i effectively paid 8.99 for the PSU lol.

I ran the numbers and i wont even be close to its limits with an overclocked ryzen 3 1200 and rx 570.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is final build list (as long as the ebay seller accepts my offer on the rx 570):
    PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 1200 3.1 GHz Quad-Core Processor ($35.00)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 AORUS M Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($40.00)
    Memory: Patriot Viper Elite 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-2666 Memory ($32.99 @ Amazon)
    Storage: ADATA XPG SX6000 Pro 256 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($34.99)
    Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon RX 570 4 GB AORUS 4G Video Card ($80.00)
    Case: Rosewill FBM-X2 MicroATX Mini Tower Case ($47.22)
    Power Supply: Rosewill RD-Z 400 W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply ($0.00)
    Monitor: LG 24MK400H-B 24.0" 1920x1080 75 Hz Monitor ($30.00) (bought last year from adorama, pricing error lol)
    Total: $300.20
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-12-02 16:44 EST-0500

Good price for all this ya think? Shame there were no real black friday or cyber monday deals tho.

- - - Updated - - -

Im just hoping my eyes dont deceive me and im not seeing a 8pin pci-e connector on that PSU, i know i see two 8 pins just hoping one is pci-e otherwise ill have to scrounge the closet for adapters from molex lol.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW reason i went with this memory is one it was the cheapest decent kit of 8gb's and its the same stuff they sell in the 3200 cas 16 range so it should easily be overclockable to that point, but beyond that buying 2666 ram for ryzen 1 platforms is nice because you know the xmp values will work at 1.2v. Was one of the annoyances with my first ryzen build, i just like set and forget nature of xmp but i will test at 2933 and 3200 to see any differences, but i doubt i will see much in the games i play.
    Last edited by Fascinate; 2019-12-02 at 09:45 PM.